Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Pick'Em Week #5 - Chat

Saturday, October 5
    Minnesota-Crookston at Wayne State: I think crookston will stay in this one for awhile but Wayne St will eventually pull away. This should be a nice confidence boost for a young team. WSC 27-7

Winona StateSioux Falls: Concordia-St. Paul at St. Cloud State: Concordia has had a nice start to their year. They have 3 wins already and their loss to Mankato was closer then it has been in the past. The huskies laid an egg against northern st last week, which leads me to believe Concordia will pull out a W with having a tougher schedule. CSP 31-27

Minnesota-Duluth at Minnesota State-Mankato: Bemidji State: Northern State at Upper Iowa: Northern St. got a nice win at St. Cloud and should provide a nice boost. Upper Iowa is clearly rebuilding here and I can now potentially see a winless campaign. NSU 28-7

Southwest Minnesota State at Minot State:

Not sure how many gamblers are on this forum, but I do sometimes find it interesting to check Massey Ratings to see how they view the favorites for the NSIC games. Here are the lines for this week's games (the favorite has the -#)

Saturday, October 5
    Minnesota-Crookston at Wayne State (-24.5)
    Winona State (-8.5) at Minnesota State-Moorhead
    Mary at Sioux Falls (-33.5)
    Concordia-St. Paul (-4.5) at St. Cloud State
    Minnesota-Duluth at Minnesota State-Mankato (-9.5)
    Augustana (-6.5) at Bemidji State
    Northern State at Upper Iowa (-1.5)
    Southwest Minnesota State (-13.5) at Minot State

This shows me that the computers have no respect for the North at all. All 8 games have the South team favored (EVEN THE PEACOCKS!) I don't think most will dispute that the South probably has the better teams, but if memory serves I think the North might've actually won more games than expected last year...

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
      Saturday, October 5
      Minnesota-Crookston at Wayne State (-24.5)
      Winona State (-8.5) at Minnesota State-Moorhead
      Mary at Sioux Falls (-33.5)
      Concordia-St. Paul (-4.5) at St. Cloud State
      Minnesota-Duluth at Minnesota State-Mankato (-9.5)
      Augustana (-6.5) at Bemidji State
      Northern State at Upper Iowa (-1.5)
      Southwest Minnesota State (-13.5) at Minot State

Comment

I think buy a full point for a 7-pointer, 8 team teaser is the better play ;)

Crookston +31.5
        Winona -1.5
        USF -26.5
        St. Cloud +11.5
        Duluth +16.5
        Bemidji +13.5
        Northern +8.5
        Minot +20.5

Pays 10/1 put me down for $20 in message board bucks.

Comment

I'd agree that while the South has been flat out better across the board, by a distance in recent years, I'm not sure I see them as 14 points better 8 vs 8 and so forth. Wayne -24 seems like a bit number, but Crookston doesn't have a lot of games that suggest closer. I'd say Augie, SCSU are both pickems and NSU should be about a 4-7 point favorite..but maybe Massey is right....it's all numbers there and no eye test or knowing injuries and such. Thanks for posting the lines..makes for a more interesting look on each game.

Comment

After winning in 2006 and 2007, the Wolves have not beaten the Peacocks in the last four meetings. Prayers up for an end to a puzzling 12-year drought.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              After winning in 2006 and 2007, the Wolves have not beaten the Peacocks in the last four meetings. Prayers up for an end to a puzzling 12-year drought.
              While I do pray. My guess football is very low on the good lords priority list. Good news. NSU beating UIU is my stone cold lock of the week.

Comment

UMD at MSU is all about home field advantage for playoffs, as I believe both will go there.

AU at BSU winner has an edge for playoffs or MWB

MSUM and CSP only 1 loss have chance for see above

2 loss WSU and USF, do not count them out.

2 loss SCSU is a head scratcher.

It's early in the season and who knows!

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

While I do pray. My guess football is very low on the good lords priority list. Good news. NSU beating UIU is my stone cold lock of the week.
                  So serious...

Comment

I wonder who Sauter pissed off at the NSIC office. Road trip to Fayette followed by a road trip to Minot in consecutive weeks.

Comment

It's going to be a cold, wet and windy game here in Minot this afternoon.

Comment

I cant use words I want because I'll probably get banned...NSU takes a 10-7 lead. Forces UIU to a punt. We rough the punter, UIU drives down for a TD, botched the XP snap and they run it in for two....Wolves trail 15-10 toward the end of the half

Comment

Paul Herrera is the #3 QB if I am correct. Just launched a 49 yard TD pass.

Comment

Wolves march down the field and head to half with a 17-15 lead. NSU has over 250 yards of offense in the first half, 170ish on the ground

Comment

This Bemidji announcer only referring to us as "the Augies" is starting to wear on me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X