X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Liver
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Looking at Coach Malones twitter page confirms this is true. Congratulations to him moving up to a power 5 conference team. A big loss for Augustana, he simplified the defense and it payed dividends as the scoring defense went from #9 in 2018 to #1 in 2019,(total games). Wish Jordan tons of success going forwards.
    Rolovich (sp?) certainly snatched some D-guys from around, includin' 3 from WY with whom I'm also familiar.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
    Washington State:
    Looking at Coach Malones twitter page confirms this is true. Congratulations to him moving up to a power 5 conference team. A big loss for Augustana, he simplified the defense and it payed dividends as the scoring defense went from #9 in 2018 to #1 in 2019,(total games). Wish Jordan tons of success going forwards.

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    Washington State:

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied

Nice town and beautiful area on the Western Slope.
    agree. great job given the location

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    https://www.d2football.com/rotate-seven/

Former USF DC to be the head coach at CO Mesa. Takes over a very young football team.
    Nice town and beautiful area on the Western Slope.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    https://www.d2football.com/rotate-seven/

Former USF DC to be the head coach at CO Mesa. Takes over a very young football team.

Leave a comment:

• #WolvesNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Peacock View Post
    New coach has been named: https://uiupeacocks.com/news/2019/12...5fs8OM2OBYPzIM

I'm not too surprised by this pick - I was impressed with him when he was the D Coordinator at UIU from 2014-16. Good experience, background, and connections from his previous stops. Look forward to him energizing the program!
    Upper got a good one here!

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by Peacock View Post

I'm not too surprised by this pick - I was impressed with him when he was the D Coordinator at UIU from 2014-16. Good experience, background, and connections from his previous stops. Look forward to him energizing the program!
    Thought it would've been Curran

Leave a comment:

• Peacock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

That's... something?
    So, will he move to Greeley or commute from his home in the exclusive Castle Pines neighborhood south of Denver near Castle Rock? There is no Anthony's Pizza in Greeley (saw his family and he there once on a Sat.).

Leave a comment:

• ccmoney8
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Whatcha think of the hire?

That's... something?

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied

Goin' back to Greeley? What for, to sniff the Monfort Feed lots? F***IN' JOKE! No further comment necessary.

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied

They are filling the interim for next season from within. Not necessarily beyond.

The pretty obvious choice for interim is Ben Curran. He's assistant head coach. He's coached at UIU for 6 seasons after playing there 3 seasons, plus he grew up nearby in Cedar Falls so he's got pretty deep roots in the area. This could end up being a situation like it was for SMSU basketball a decade ago, where they tagged an interim but didn't really open up a deep search after the season because they pretty much had already found their guy (though the president wasn't a fan).
    Bigler is one of the finest coaches and gentleman in the conference. Call me when a President has ever played a game...outside of e-Snorts.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

GREAT job for the right coach. Front Range recruitin' as well as the outlyin' towns to the north and east. Access to Denver metro and DIA. I-25 is close. Lots of pluses to the UNC job.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by 212 Degrees View Post
    Coach Frana would be a great fit there (or as the head coach at SMSU) but they said they were hiring from within.
    They are filling the interim for next season from within. Not necessarily beyond.

The pretty obvious choice for interim is Ben Curran. He's assistant head coach. He's coached at UIU for 6 seasons after playing there 3 seasons, plus he grew up nearby in Cedar Falls so he's got pretty deep roots in the area. This could end up being a situation like it was for SMSU basketball a decade ago, where they tagged an interim but didn't really open up a deep search after the season because they pretty much had already found their guy (though the president wasn't a fan).

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X