Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Many years Sioux Falls plays Mankato closer than most other teams in the NSIC. It's become a good rivalry game. In a lot of ways USF and Kato are built similarly with a strong defense and a punishing run game.

This is the truth, ever since USF joined the NSIC they have given Kato some of the best games and are always the team I'm most worried about playing. They are always a well coached team, very disciplined, and always seem to have a good game plan against Kato.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Many years Sioux Falls plays Mankato closer than most other teams in the NSIC. It's become a good rivalry game. In a lot of ways USF and Kato are built similarly with a strong defense and a punishing run game.
      I remember when you guys came on board and I took a lot of guff saying you guys were a potential star in this league. You've proved me right. Way more successful than most teams in the league over your lifespan here

Comment

In the 2018 season Augustana threw the ball very well at Kirkeby Over in Sioux Falls and lost 38-36 to MSU, a failed 2pt conversion would have put the into overtime. Our QB did not play well this season at Blaklee or your secondary improved in one season. Are you concerned that Slippery Rock could put the Mav's into a shootout?

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
          In the 2018 season Augustana threw the ball very well at Kirkeby Over in Sioux Falls and lost 38-36 to MSU, a failed 2pt conversion would have put the into overtime. Our QB did not play well this season at Blaklee or your secondary improved in one season. Are you concerned that Slippery Rock could put the Mav's into a shootout?
          Always concerned about pass heavy teams. The D has become more stout but there's always weaknesses to exploit

Comment

Passing teams can get into a rhythm. Then you decide to blitz and mess with the timing. If you get there you get a sack or a pick. If you don't it turns into a big play. The key is to be patient and as unpredictable on defense as the opponent is on offense. I've always been a bend don't break kind of guy on defense. Most teams make a mistake somewhere along the way- fumble, pick, drop, penalty. Hopefully the Mavs can control the ball, score, and get some stops and turnovers to pull out a win.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Passing teams can get into a rhythm. Then you decide to blitz and mess with the timing. If you get there you get a sack or a pick. If you don't it turns into a big play. The key is to be patient and as unpredictable on defense as the opponent is on offense. I've always been a bend don't break kind of guy on defense. Most teams make a mistake somewhere along the way- fumble, pick, drop, penalty. Hopefully the Mavs can control the ball, score, and get some stops and turnovers to pull out a win.

Comment

I like the Mavs by 14+...........on a lighter note, Gunn is not 6'2" 220. I have stood beside him on the sidelines the past 2 years. Same height as me 5'11" tops and probably 205. But not the only player in history that measurables were increased. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ironlinks View Post
                  I like the Mavs by 14+...........on a lighter note, Gunn is not 6'2" 220. I have stood beside him on the sidelines the past 2 years. Same height as me 5'11" tops and probably 205. But not the only player in history that measurables were increased. :)
                  Augustana listed current MN. Viking CJ Ham 6' 2" 235. Vikings list him at 5"11" same weight. A common ploy in college football.

Comment

Augustana listed current MN. Viking CJ Ham 6' 2" 235. Vikings list him at 5"11" same weight. A common ploy in college football.
                    https://msumavericks.com/sports/foot...2?&sort=jersey

https://www.vikings.com/team/players-roster/

Comment

Has anyone an idea of the predicted weather conditions in Pennsylvania tomorrow? Would have been very cold conditions here in MN for the game, but may be not much if any better out east.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
                        Has anyone an idea of the predicted weather conditions in Pennsylvania tomorrow? Would have been very cold conditions here in MN for the game, but may be not much if any better out east.
                        Straight from weather.com.
                        SAT
                        DEC 14
                        Rain/Snow 3828 100% NW 13 mph 96%
                        1 of 10 7:37 am 4:52 pm 7:25 pm 9:51 am
                        Rain with some snow mixing in in the afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the mid to upper 30s. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 100%. About one inch of snow expected.

Comment

Comment

MSU 35 SR 21

Comment

MSU 52
                              SRU 27

Comment

Spoke with Laker and he and his two buddies (Steve, John) took a flight with him and they are there in PA. Look for the Laker in the camera shot..haha.

Kickoff at 1130am CST...ESPN apps = on your computer or Roku....basically ESPN3.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X