Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Championship Game: West Florida vs. Minnesota St.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Championship Game: West Florida vs. Minnesota St.

Match set!! Here we go!! For the grand prize... a championship!!!

Mankato has been gearing up for this game for years. The team is experienced and fully prepared. West Florida looks solid. They beat Valdosta and Ferris, two very good teams. Went to the finals two years ago. Real good defense, solid offense with a not super stellar running game but a pretty good passing game.

Comment

Congrats Kato. If anyone is going to the game and wants to give me more grief about commerce, I'll be there. Give me a shout and we can have a beer together before kickoff.

Comment

Comment

LOL!! We aren't like the fans from SRU, but we do have fun! Those cats from SR1 who post here are hilarious and have some interesting takes. This is going to be a great game!

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post

LOL!! We aren't like the fans from SRU, but we do have fun! Those cats from SR1 who post here are hilarious and have some interesting takes. This is going to be a great game!

Comment

Unfortunately I'll be traveling on that day and won't be able to watch the game. :(

Comment

Congrats Mavs, outstanding game yesterday and a great week ahead. I loved the KC experience even with the loss, finish this time.

Argos. That is a great mascot, I have to say.

Comment

I was at the championship game in 2014; great attendance by MSU fans and a nice stadium. I wish it was in Kansas City again as it would allow more to attend but it is what it is. Hopefully the Mavs can be at or near full strength and not have to contend with illness or injuries going into the game.

Comment

I did some scouting on the Ferris-West Florida game highlights. They look very similar to Slippery Rock except with a quarterback who could make his throws. They didn't do much running and allowed large running plays on defense. They have a rugby-style punter so maybe we can get some pressure on him. They have a good secondary and a line who are both good at forcing turnovers.

Ferris had a crap ton of unforced errors as well such as dumb fumbles, penalties, and the rare TD turned into a touchback. Of course, the weather could have negatively affected West Florida and now we are playing in Texas.

We need to clean up the penalties and turnovers which seemed to be common for the first time in a long time, otherwise the argos will take advantage. Hopefully we stick to 1 quarterback if 1 is off his game. Keep the ball on the ground until it stops working and then do what we did yesterday. Don't get sick or injured this week. Let's go 1-0!

I'm feeling pretty confident about this weekend. We have a very complete package on both sides of the ball. I know Maverick sports, that confidence has me extremely worried.
                    Last edited by Supercal95; 12-15-2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Agree. Let the road graders (offensive line) do what they do best, and play smash-mouth with the running game until and if they stop that. Then utilize the passing game more if necessary.
                      We have the athletes to get it done this year. Go Mavs!

Comment

Someone in Mankato needs to be pouring vitamin C into the team this week to stave off the natty flu.

Comment

Very much agree. Hopefully that won't happen again.

Comment

Strange offensive play calls (truly unlike our offensive play calling all that year) and Connor Thomas's flu hurt us bad back then. And a seven-foot defensive lineman from Pueblo. That's how I remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                              Congrats Kato. If anyone is going to the game and wants to give me more grief about commerce, I'll be there. Give me a shout and we can have a beer together before kickoff.
                              I'm hoping to make it. Hopefully we will make contact. I'll be leaving my Commerce hat at home though. How fond are you of chocolate milk???

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X