Clear All

• Re: NSIC's Future

https://news.umary.edu/university-of...ital-campaign/

https://news.umary.edu/university-of...ecord-numbers/

Comment

Originally posted by MaxMarauder53 View Post
      If you have not seen the campus it is beautiful setting
      I've been there a couple of times. The first time was when I thought they played football on campus- saw what must have been the old field. I assume that there are no plans to return there when they already have the stadium in town. Do baseball, soccer and softball play on campus?

Comment

Been there a few times for jazz stuff in HS, sports in college, to visit some guys I competed against there once and McQuades. Not a bad place at all. Attended Mass while there last time and I'm only assuming that had vocal tryouts to be a part of the congregation. The pipes in that place was awesome. On an unrelated note, Long Island team at the Ground Round and then seeing test tube shots for the first time years ago made it a special memory, haha.

Comment

:smile-big:

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              Probably should have it's own thread but uh...what UMary is quietly doing up North makes what Northern has been up to look like peanuts. They are in the midst if a $276 million dollar campaign and essentially building a new campus...they are over the $100 million mark currently...wow
              wow that is impressive

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                I've been there a couple of times. The first time was when I thought they played football on campus- saw what must have been the old field. I assume that there are no plans to return there when they already have the stadium in town. Do baseball, soccer and softball play on campus?
                At one time, they mentioned a long-term plan to get football back on campus. They'd have to completely re-do the old stadium area, but if they get the money that was the plan. Could be many years down the road, though, before they get to that part of their plan. From a student standpoint, I would see how that would be attractive, as the Community Bowl is quite a ways away from the college.

Comment

• Comment

zero chance on Michigan Tech. Tech and Northern Michigan go together,

Jamestown is a real possible option. kearney too maybe

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                      zero chance on Michigan Tech. Tech and Northern Michigan go together,

Jamestown is a real possible option. kearney too maybe
                      Nebraska Kearney is in an D2 no man's land, a longways from most MIAA schools, even further when they were in the RMAC and would be a poor geographic fit for most of the NSIC.

Maybe the league should stay at 15 and wait a few years to see where the D2 landscape is then. Besides, Augustana has not left yet.

Comment

Sorry, I should have kept it over here. Thanks for sharing it over here. The people giving out this info were about as reliable as I would likely ever be able to get access to. I learned a lot of things and some that I wished I had never learned on Saturday night. I wont share the sources because I like them too much, haha. These arent people in the conference office so, it is what it is.

Comment

It's pretty unlikely imo.

Using the trip from Wayne, America to Minot as an example, that's Minot's third-longest road trip in the conference and Wayne's longest trip. And now you'd be making that an every-year occurrence in football and twice a year in basketball.

Only change I could see in division setup is if they switched to pods, which would dramatically alter the mileage situations for the better for most schools.

Comment

Jamestown would be very interesting, especially since it would probably bump either St Cloud or Northern down to an already loaded NSIC South. I do like that it's already within the conference footprint, though.

Comment

No MIAC team would consider moving to D2. Those schools think they're above association with the state schools in MN.
                              That said, there are two UMAC schools I could see making a move. Northwestern-St. Paul, and St. Scholastica. Both have enrollments of around 3000 students (equivalent of Mary, Wayne, or Minot), both are located in cities with another NSIC team. Both are private, so may be able to more easily pay for such a move.

Comment

Originally posted by ocsid View Post
                                No MIAC team would consider moving to D2. Those schools think they're above association with the state schools in MN.
                                That said, there are two UMAC schools I could see making a move. Northwestern-St. Paul, and St. Scholastica. Both have enrollments of around 3000 students (equivalent of Mary, Wayne, or Minot), both are located in cities with another NSIC team. Both are private, so may be able to more easily pay for such a move.
                                After working in and with the UMAC, hard pass there...not a one of them would be better overall than Crookston. Compete at a sport or two, but never, ever going to happen, bet it

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X