Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    The other day my brother asked what happened to the guy who hit Kolstad in 2014. Well, he is back in jail. What still bothers me is that he got what he deserved but Nelson, who kicked him in the head when Kolstad was down, got off with nothing. The last that I heard about Nelson was that he played at East Carolina. I always thought that he was the most at fault.

Trevor Shelley going to prison after violating probation | kare11.com

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Love these stories, talk about a rapid rise. Looks like the key to these rises is aligning yourself with a proven winner who gets results. I see Bohl brought him along his stops, that says a lot. Heres to hoping he takes the job on a permanent basis. A tough situation to come into. De Boer is having a nice season out in Fresno.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Love these stories, talk about a rapid rise. Looks like the key to these rises is aligning yourself with a proven winner who gets results. I see Bohl brought him along his stops, that says a lot. Heres to hoping he takes the job on a permanent basis. A tough situation to come into. De Boer is having a nice season out in Fresno.
    Definitely an unusual and tough circumstance to come into but I also hope he does well to keep the job!

Leave a comment:

• UMary1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ccine-mandate/

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Yes, the shower curtain was for the modification to make an accessible stall for the disabled. And the purple and gold soap dispensers add color to an otherwise dull area, even when they are empty!
    Ahh, okay - that makes a bit more sense. I walked in there one day and thought "are people really showering in here?" I've seen showers in weird places before, but never in a college stadium's public bathroom. A wider stall for the former would be a more preferable option though, and should probably be placed near the top of the list of must-haves for a new stadium.

The soap dispensers are legitimately cool though - it's such an odd thing to inject that much school spirit into, but they definitely stand out. I think they are pretty much used throughout campus if I remember correctly, though they could also just be used in the Taylor Center. Either way, those should probably stay - or at least sell them to alumni or something as a fundraiser. That would be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    [QUOTE=SW_Mustang;n612753]
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Yeah. I think I saw a shower curtain in there once? Dunno, they just always freaked me out.

I really do like the soap dispensers though. They are very festive. Would like to see those kept.
    Yes, the shower curtain was for the modification to make an accessible stall for the disabled. And the purple and gold soap dispensers add color to an otherwise dull area, even when they are empty!

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    NFL Draft Diamonds posted an interview with Ty'Shonan Brooks. It's a bit short, but I figured I'd share. Kinda love the shoutouts to Amani Hooker, haha.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    1 - Yes, that is a good comparison. I think it would need to be scaled down a bit, and I would like to see the grandstand split into two levels instead of one gigantic one. They did a great job at SDSU.

2 - Ditto!

3 - I think it's either GVSU or Lindenwood that has the biggest in D2, though I bet Northern is up there now. Would like to see MSU go big on this, and they can never go "too big" realistically

I know it's probably not going to happen if a new stadium is built, but I really love the field at the Blake. All natural grass. Would like to see that kept if possible.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    [QUOTE=vikingfaithful;n612731]Yeah. I think I saw a shower curtain in there once? Dunno, they just always freaked me out.

I really do like the soap dispensers though. They are very festive. Would like to see those kept.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    [QUOTE=laker;n612736]
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Well, I want people to remember me every time that they go.

Back in 2012 when we beat Northwest MO that place was wall to wall during halftime. I made the comment that we might stay there for the second half. It was terrible cold and windy that day and the men's room had a heater that was doing a pretty fair job of warming the place up.

I actually got the idea from the movie The Green Berets. Do you remember Sgt. Provo?
    Initially I didn't remember the film, until I looked up the plot/actors and it came back to me, however don't remember Sgt. Provo. Would like to see film again as I would appreciate more now.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
    What is on your wishlist for a new stadium? What would it look like?

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    [QUOTE=vikingfaithful;n612731]Well, I want people to remember me every time that they go.

Back in 2012 when we beat Northwest MO that place was wall to wall during halftime. I made the comment that we might stay there for the second half. It was terrible cold and windy that day and the men's room had a heater that was doing a pretty fair job of warming the place up.

I actually got the idea from the movie The Green Berets. Do you remember Sgt. Provo?

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    [QUOTE=laker;n612727]
    Last edited by vikingfaithful; 10-14-2021, 09:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
    Obviously we can still do natural grass because our grounds crew is kickass.

I like the idea of a new Blakeslee with modern architecture/amenities/pressbox but more safe as well. North-South orientation though, of course.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X