• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    https://www.mankatofreepress.com/new...117d4f250.html

So...unless there are two Anonio Alzheimers that are 19 years old running around Mankato, this is likely #20 for the Mavs. Good stuff for a good season. Is it 2022 yet?? :)
    I think that is a safe bet. I was just saying Friday night at the Senior Recognition night that fortunately we haven't had a lot of off field problems lately.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    https://www.mankatofreepress.com/new...117d4f250.html

So...unless there are two Anonio Alzheimers that are 19 years old running around Mankato, this is likely #20 for the Mavs. Good stuff for a good season. Is it 2022 yet?? :)

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Guessed it right on my first try. 2011. Year they last went bowling

https://msumavericks.com/sports/football/schedule/2011
    Good job- thanks! I remember that big Thursday night game with Augie that was televised.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    Question for Mav fans:

When is the last time that the last home game was played in October? It has to be quite a while back.
    Guessed it right on my first try. 2011. Year they last went bowling

https://msumavericks.com/sports/football/schedule/2011

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Question for Mav fans:

When is the last time that the last home game was played in October? It has to be quite a while back.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Looking at the statistics of MSU three losses there is nothing in common between the three other then giving up more passing yards and points.

UMD was just plain stingy on defense and opportunistic on offense.

Turnovers killed the Mavs against WSC and defensive lapses in the 4th quarter

Against AU, Mavs couldn't run the ball, but played well in passing game, which is Vikings weakness. However, Augie is better at the shootout game and was not sacked, while Mavs gave up 5.

This is just a 1 year blip for MSU. The Mavericks will be back strong as ever next season. MSU always recruit very well in Wisconsin and Illinois. I'm thinking 2016 was a down year as well or am I wrong?

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Looking at the statistics of MSU three losses there is nothing in common between the three other then giving up more passing yards and points.

UMD was just plain stingy on defense and opportunistic on offense.

Turnovers killed the Mavs against WSC and defensive lapses in the 4th quarter

Against AU, Mavs couldn't run the ball, but played well in passing game, which is Vikings weakness. However, Augie is better at the shootout game and was not sacked, while Mavs gave up 5.

This is just a 1 year blip for MSU. The Mavericks will be back strong as ever next season. MSU always recruit very well in Wisconsin and Illinois. I'm thinking 2016 was a down year as well or am I wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Probably all of the above. It will be interesting to see how the final three games go when there is little to no chance to make the playoffs.

One thing- MSU doesn't seem to have the depth of past years. The next man up hasn't been able to step up in a lot of cases.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Probably all of the above. It will be interesting to see how the final three games go when there is little to no chance to make the playoffs.

One thing- MSU doesn't seem to have the depth of past years. The next man up hasn't been able to step up in a lot of cases.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Former Cornerbacks Coach Jordan Malone has been promoted to cornerbacks coach for Washington State by Dickert. Good for him!!

https://247sports.com/college/washin...51_Tcif-IIB3O8

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post

There are 2 public system flagships left in D2, us and Alaska. We spend nearly as much on athletics as UL-Monroe does of the FBS Sun Belt Conference. We are top 10 in enrollment and athletoc success in D2, yet other Universities jump at the opportunity while we sit here and do nothing. We aren't even an R-institution which is pretty amusing for a state which pretends to have better academics than it's neighbors.

Sorry for the rant.
    It depends on how you define "flagship," but there's also Kentucky State, Virginia State, and West Virginia State - all three of which are D2.

Also, "research university" is just a fancy title (just like D1). It doesn't mean much if you're outside of the AAU, for the most part. Comparing MSU to NDSU is like comparing Burger King to McDonald's - one might be better than the other, but neither are fine dining. NDSU might be a "research university," but MSU also does not want the title of being an agriculture school. SDSU can't even figure out how to offer an MBA, which is ironic - but they can tell you what chemical compounds make up a horse's hair. Truly useful information, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    While teams that are way less good get new shiny stadiums while we settle for bandaids fixing boo boos.
    Hey! I resemble that remark! Just minding my own business over here and I catch a stray.

Please note this comment was said with sarcasm and the author was not actually bothered by the original post. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X