Clear All

• Supercal95
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ENDZONE_ViewW.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	612726
    I would want something like this. Imagine that this is viewed facing north, stadium road is just past the video board. The north endzone has all seating and includes the student section/band and the south endzone is just a berm. The Upper deck is a little bit wider going endzone to endzone and says "MSU". The east side has a foundation for a future upper deck symmetrical with the one on the west side. Trees and arches in the style of the new campus architecture separate it from the rest of campus. Obviously we can still do natural grass because our grounds crew is kickass.

I like the idea of a new Blakeslee with modern architecture/amenities/pressbox but more safe as well. North-South orientation though, of course.
    Last edited by Supercal95; 10-14-2021, 08:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    ^ I'm surprised that "more than 8 feet from the sideline to a concrete wall" hasn't been mentioned yet.
    Too close, too dangerous. I don't know what the minimum distance should be, but I've seen players hit the concrete. Keep the steep stands. Heck, strap people in like on a circus ride so they can't fall out.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    ^ I'm surprised that "more than 8 feet from the sideline to a concrete wall" hasn't been mentioned yet.
    That 8' is what makes the Blake quaint. You can harass players on the sidelines.

Leave a comment:

• Tundra_Man
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
    What is on your wishlist for a new stadium? What would it look like?

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
    Here's mine:

It would be something like this - though I would really like to see MSU invest in press box/media facilities and suite seating, something like what Turtleton has. It would be smaller than this, scaled down to fit a Mankato crowd, but expandable for when that time comes.

Would also like to see the following -

-Big videoboard
    -Heated concourse
    -Locker Rooms (if possible)
    -Some kind of endzone seating (student section?)
    -Bathrooms I'm not scared to use

Would also like to see MSU bring the Berm from the Blake. Mav snack pack too (might be the most important one!)

Lastly, I also want to see MSU pay attention to some of the finishes and details - I don't like the bare concrete look that new stadiums like WTAM have. Ribbon video boards, school colors, logos - it's all appreciated!

I'd even kick over a few dollars once the fundraising starts, though I'll technically be an alumni by then anyway - so it won't be as weird as a random Mustang fan giving money to a "rival."

Leave a comment:

• Supercal95
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Former Maverick and current Lion Shane Zystra has been activated from the practice squad and will play against his hometown Vikings today!
    Wooooo!

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Former Maverick and current Lion Shane Zystra has been activated from the practice squad and will play against his hometown Vikings today!

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Back in the NCC days Glogowski was a helluva D player, fast on blitzes for USD. Can't remember if he was a LB or CB/safety.
    He played linebacker I believe.

Leave a comment:

• UMary1
    replied
    Thanks Twincitiesmav,

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Back in the NCC days Glogowski was a helluva D player, fast on blitzes for USD. Can't remember if he was a LB or CB/safety.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

Hey Twincitiesmav,

I watched some of your game Saturday against CSP. On the defensive side of the ball who is calling most of the plays Jackson or Glogowski. Jackson seems pretty energetic, looks like a solid staff. Roster has players from all over. Enjoy next week vs. Wayne, should be a good one.

Leave a comment:

• UMary1
    replied
    Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

100% agreed!
    Hey Twincitiesmav,

I watched some of your game Saturday against CSP. On the defensive side of the ball who is calling most of the plays Jackson or Glogowski. Jackson seems pretty energetic, looks like a solid staff. Roster has players from all over. Enjoy next week vs. Wayne, should be a good one.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

I think the off year last year has affected how the league is playing out this year. A lot of things were out of the coaches/programs control but I expect some more wild things to happen as we draw closer to the end of the season.
    100% agreed!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X