Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 MSU Maverick Football

Originally posted by laker View Post
    It won't ever happen, but imagine a football stadium built into the side of Gage Hill. You could walk down into it from the parking lot.

Comment

The article seems very sarcastic lol. At least we have the sports bubble I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercal95 View Post
        The article seems very sarcastic lol. At least we have the sports bubble I guess.
        That is something to be thankful for (sports bubble).
        At least the stadium finally has railings, before an accident happens and a possible lawsuit. As apparently there are no current plans for a new stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
          That is something to be thankful for (sports bubble).
          At least the stadium finally has railings, before an accident happens and a possible lawsuit. As apparently there are no current plans for a new stadium.
          Shameful!!

Comment

Here is the locker that I sponsored. Take a tour if you get the chance, that locker room is very impressive!

Comment

The new locker room was a very positive upgrade.

Comment

For those of you who have risked taking a tumble at the Blake- the new handrails have been installed. I heard $200,000.

Comment

For those of you who have risked taking a tumble at the Blake- the new handrails have been installed. I heard $200,000.

ugg :/ for $200,000!?!!?!?!?! I would've thought those would only be like a $50K project... MSU doing everything that they can to extend the life of the stadium!!! Just tear the dang place down already!

Comment

I thought they had to comply with ADA rules for any renovation greater than $50k?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                      I thought they had to comply with ADA rules for any renovation greater than $50k?
                      No idea- just stating numbers that I heard at the Touchdown Club meeting. New scoreboard will be coming in- nothing fancy, bare bones, but they don't make parts/lightbulbs for the old one. Take what you can get.

That press box is awful. But they can't renovate it because then they would have to include handicap access- which would mean an elevator. Patrick Reusse of the Star*Tribune would love it, but that won't happen. Some Mav fan may have to win the lottery to get a new Blake.

Comment

No idea- just stating numbers that I heard at the Touchdown Club meeting. New scoreboard will be coming in- nothing fancy, bare bones, but they don't make parts/lightbulbs for the old one. Take what you can get.

That press box is awful. But they can't renovate it because then they would have to include handicap access- which would mean an elevator. Patrick Reusse of the Star*Tribune would love it, but that won't happen. Some Mav fan may have to win the lottery to get a new Blake.

Comment

Did you ever read the SI story about how K-State turned things around. Some guy won the lottery and donated a lot of it to the school for football. They hired John Wefald (can't remember if he was still at Southwest then) and hired Snyder. Complete turnaround for the worst program in D1 football.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
                            ugg :/ for $200,000!?!!?!?!?! I would've thought those would only be like a $50K project... MSU doing everything that they can to extend the life of the stadium!!! Just tear the dang place down already!
                            I believe it was about five years ago there was a hypothetical plan for a combined football/soccer stadium. Apparently that fell by the wayside; for now anyway. Agree that it seems questionable to spend money on renovations when the entire structure really should be replaced. With a new one that could also be used by the women's soccer program.
                            I suppose in the final analysis, the money to build one has to come from somewhere, and that seems to be the problem.

Comment

https://msumavericks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8788

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                                So it would seem. Hopefully he can do well in that capacity.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X