Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSIC - Week 2 Chat

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NSIC - Week 2 Chat

    Might as well get the chat thread going for the week.

    I think the obvious game of the week is Mankato at Duluth. In past seasons I think this would be an easier call to say Mankato would likely win, but this season who knows? Just not enough data yet, especially with a year off.

    The other game that I'm having a hard time picking is on the opposite end of the spectrum. UIU @ Concordia. Neither team had much positive going on last Thursday, so for me it's a toss-up. I picked the Golden Bears simply because they're at home.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    Might as well get the chat thread going for the week.

    I think the obvious game of the week is Mankato at Duluth. In past seasons I think this would be an easier call to say Mankato would likely win, but this season who knows? Just not enough data yet, especially with a year off.

    The other game that I'm having a hard time picking is on the opposite end of the spectrum. UIU @ Concordia. Neither team had much positive going on last Thursday, so for me it's a toss-up. I picked the Golden Bears simply because they're at home.
    I picked CSP purely on player personal that they have but it was clear that they haven’t found their team chemistry yet.

    Comment


    • #3
      Obviously the game between MSU and UMD is the game of the week. The stakes are high for this game as the winner likely gets the early lead for one of the higher seeds in region 4. The loser of this game will likely have to win out or maybe can afford to lose one more game the rest of the way to make the playoffs.

      I hope last weeks game for Mankato was an absolute wake up call and that the Mavericks that I know will hopefully show up for the big game on Saturday and limit turnovers. It’s now clear that this is in the same team from a couple years ago but if we limit the turnovers and play better as a team, then I still think this team can do big things towards the end of the season.

      I personally still think MSU will be coming into game as slight favorites but UMD having a healthy John Larson will make things a lot closer and should be a good one to watch!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
        Might as well get the chat thread going for the week.

        I think the obvious game of the week is Mankato at Duluth. In past seasons I think this would be an easier call to say Mankato would likely win, but this season who knows? Just not enough data yet, especially with a year off.

        The other game that I'm having a hard time picking is on the opposite end of the spectrum. UIU @ Concordia. Neither team had much positive going on last Thursday, so for me it's a toss-up. I picked the Golden Bears simply because they're at home.
        Looking forward to both the games you call out here. It will be a good test for both UMD and MSU who are seemingly in different places (based on week 1 results). Going to wait until later in the week to pick this one but am leaning toward the home team.

        CSP looked shell shocked last week in Winona from the start. I am hoping (with my purple colored glasses) that it was because of how good WSU is and nothing else. :)

        Comment


        • #5
          pretty big game in Aberdeen for two 0-1 teams.

          Comment


          • #6
            UIU at CU. A real tossup. UIU played better than CU in their losses, so I will go with the Peacocks.

            WSU at MSUM. Seems the Warriors have come out to play extra hard in Coach Sawyers goodbye tour. The Dragons will play well at home. WSU wins.

            USF at MSU-Minot. The Beavers really struggled at AU. Won't get any easier against Thuro Reisdorfer and company. Minot has some players on offense, perhaps they will play better at home. USF

            AU at MARY. Craig Bagnell is trying to build a program. AU is an established program. I'll take the Vikings.

            WSC at BSU. Coach McMenamin is going to lift the Wildcats and will put up a good fight, but not ready for the Beavers. Farthest south team heads 485 miles to farthest north team or is Minot further N? Checked it out Minot is a bit farther N. Beavers win.

            MSU- Mankato at UMD. A heavyweight match. Jim Heinitz my favorite ex Augie coach used to say teams improve the most from week 1 to week 2. That's scary in UMD's case. Despite the close win over an inspired Northern team the Mavs easily won the stat battle. Going out on a limb here, MSU gets back to form and beat the Bulldogs.

            SMSU at NSU. Crazy that the Mustangs put a team together in 4 weeks, they will get better as the season progresses. The Wolves put hope in the rest of the league with their fantastic game against the mighty Mavs, especially with a new coach and system. NSU may become another bully of the north. Beautiful new stadium with a huge crowd adds up to a win for NSU.

            Wish UMC could have had a better football facility and could have been competitive. As for SCSU. don't understand why they couldn't have kept their program. To many people in the Athletic department making money without earning it.

            Comment


            • #7
              So the Warriors looked really good in their win and I think they will be a tough matchup, but the Dragons have home advantage. My guess is a shootout that I'm hoping MSUM comes out on the winning side of. My guess is a final score in the upper 30s. Maybe 38-34 or 41-38.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                UIU at CU. A real tossup. UIU played better than CU in their losses, so I will go with the Peacocks.

                WSU at MSUM. Seems the Warriors have come out to play extra hard in Coach Sawyers goodbye tour. The Dragons will play well at home. WSU wins.

                USF at MSU-Minot. The Beavers really struggled at AU. Won't get any easier against Thuro Reisdorfer and company. Minot has some players on offense, perhaps they will play better at home. USF

                AU at MARY. Craig Bagnell is trying to build a program. AU is an established program. I'll take the Vikings.

                WSC at BSU. Coach McMenamin is going to lift the Wildcats and will put up a good fight, but not ready for the Beavers. Farthest south team heads 485 miles to farthest north team or is Minot further N? Checked it out Minot is a bit farther N. Beavers win.

                MSU- Mankato at UMD. A heavyweight match. Jim Heinitz my favorite ex Augie coach used to say teams improve the most from week 1 to week 2. That's scary in UMD's case. Despite the close win over an inspired Northern team the Mavs easily won the stat battle. Going out on a limb here, MSU gets back to form and beat the Bulldogs.

                SMSU at NSU. Crazy that the Mustangs put a team together in 4 weeks, they will get better as the season progresses. The Wolves put hope in the rest of the league with their fantastic game against the mighty Mavs, especially with a new coach and system. NSU may become another bully of the north. Beautiful new stadium with a huge crowd adds up to a win for NSU.

                Wish UMC could have had a better football facility and could have been competitive. As for SCSU. don't understand why they couldn't have kept their program. To many people in the Athletic department making money without earning it.


                Mishandling the budget was one of them

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am super excited to finally see the new stadium up close this weekend. It will be a fantastic crowd and it would seem we have a good team to root for. Expectations are high for this weekend and I think a lot of Wolves fans are expecting a double digit victory. Was last week an aberration? Is Mankato not as good as we all thought? In looking at the stats from SMSU’s game last week, I would expect Trautman and his WR weapons to have a good week again. Can the defense shut down the Mustangs? I would expect this to be a fairly high scoring game. I say NSU opens the new stadium with a 41-24 victory and we all go to Lagers happy after the game.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                    As for SCSU. don't understand why they couldn't have kept their program. To many people in the Athletic department making money without earning it.
                    I'd bet that there are many disappointed SCSU fans who would agree with you.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post
                      So the Warriors looked really good in their win and I think they will be a tough matchup, but the Dragons have home advantage. My guess is a shootout that I'm hoping MSUM comes out on the winning side of. My guess is a final score in the upper 30s. Maybe 38-34 or 41-38.
                      I watched both teams play last week. Winona looked like a top team. IMO if MSUM can control the clock and keep drives going they can keep it within 10 pts. If MSUM starts getting into 3rd and long situations it will be a route by 20+. Just my observations. No hate on MSUM. I think Falk is going to be great for you guys for many years.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week-two-preview-2021/

                        Mankato at Duluth is surely the most interesting game on the slate.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                          https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week-two-preview-2021/

                          Mankato at Duluth is surely the most interesting game on the slate.
                          Great write-up. But why would you call us "The Augies?"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

                            Great write-up. But why would you call us "The Augies?"
                            It is OK to say Vikings, which Augustana has been known as since the 1920's.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

                              Great write-up. But why would you call us "The Augies?"
                              That made me laugh. Almost reads like an editors change that doesn't know anything about the NSIC. I do enjoy Witt's optimism on the NSU game this week, and tend to agree with him.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X