Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC - Week 9 Chat

Didn't do so well with my picks last week. Hopefully this week I'm closer.

Northern State at Minnesota State-Moorhead - On paper, probably the closest game of the week. Northern has been playing tough against better teams, and playing soft against lower teams. Moorhead is kind of in the middle, so maybe Northern will also play in the middle? I think the Wolves win, but a close game wouldn't surprise me.

Wayne State at Upper Iowa - If UIU couldn't win against Minot, they're probably not going to win against anyone this season. I suspect this game could get ugly.

Southwest Minnesota State at Bemidji State - The Green Beavers made it into top 7 of the regional rankings, and they're not going to give that up without a fight. I don't think this season's flavor of the Mustang's have the ability to win that fight.

Winona State at Augustana - If Winona's defense plays the way they did last weekend, then the Warriors have a chance. They have been pretty spotty this season, and Augie has been more consistent. I think this one is close for a while and the Vikings pull away at the end.

Minnesota-Duluth at Minot State - Minot finally got the win monkey off their back last week, but I don't think they have enough to take down the Bulldogs. Duluth will be playing for their season, so they'll be extra motivated.

Sioux Falls at Minnesota State-Mankato - Heart says USF, but my head says Mankato. Both teams are coming off losses, and neither one wants to lose two weeks in a row. I feel the Coo have the ability to beat the Mavericks, but they'll have to play to their potential. So far this year they haven't done that very often. Please prove my pick wrong, Coo.

Concordia-St. Paul at Mary - CSP's defense is better than Mary's, Mary's offense is better than CSP's. I think Mary's offense is better than CSP's defense.

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    Didn't do so well with my picks last week. Hopefully this week I'm closer.

Northern State at Minnesota State-Moorhead - On paper, probably the closest game of the week. Northern has been playing tough against better teams, and playing soft against lower teams. Moorhead is kind of in the middle, so maybe Northern will also play in the middle? I think the Wolves win, but a close game wouldn't surprise me.

Wayne State at Upper Iowa - If UIU couldn't win against Minot, they're probably not going to win against anyone this season. I suspect this game could get ugly.

Southwest Minnesota State at Bemidji State - The Green Beavers made it into top 7 of the regional rankings, and they're not going to give that up without a fight. I don't think this season's flavor of the Mustang's have the ability to win that fight.

Winona State at Augustana - If Winona's defense plays the way they did last weekend, then the Warriors have a chance. They have been pretty spotty this season, and Augie has been more consistent. I think this one is close for a while and the Vikings pull away at the end.

Minnesota-Duluth at Minot State - Minot finally got the win monkey off their back last week, but I don't think they have enough to take down the Bulldogs. Duluth will be playing for their season, so they'll be extra motivated.

Sioux Falls at Minnesota State-Mankato - Heart says USF, but my head says Mankato. Both teams are coming off losses, and neither one wants to lose two weeks in a row. I feel the Coo have the ability to beat the Mavericks, but they'll have to play to their potential. So far this year they haven't done that very often. Please prove my pick wrong, Coo.

Concordia-St. Paul at Mary - CSP's defense is better than Mary's, Mary's offense is better than CSP's. I think Mary's offense is better than CSP's defense.
    Your more optimistic about the Mavericks than I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Your more optimistic about the Mavericks than I am.
      Well, I hope you're right. :)

If USF plays like they played against Augie and Mary, then I think they will win. If they play like they did against Bemidji, Northern and (to an extent) Winona, then I don't think they have much chance.

Overall I think Mankato has been a little more consistent in their week to week play.

Comment

Well, I hope you're right. :)

If USF plays like they played against Augie and Mary, then I think they will win. If they play like they did against Bemidji, Northern and (to an extent) Winona, then I don't think they have much chance.

Overall I think Mankato has been a little more consistent in their week to week play.

Comment

Agree. USF isn't a bad team, just not as good as we Coo fans are used to seeing.

At times they do look pretty darn good. They're just young and inconsistent, especially on the offensive side of the ball. This should get better the more experience they gain.

Comment

Agree. USF isn't a bad team, just not as good as we Coo fans are used to seeing.

At times they do look pretty darn good. They're just young and inconsistent, especially on the offensive side of the ball. This should get better the more experience they gain.
            So... which team are you talking about here??? :) Sounds SO familiar. Youth is more a factor on D for a Mavs though.

Comment

https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week-nine-preview-2021/

Not exactly awesome games this week....but a few that are interesting with playoff implications certainly..

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Not exactly awesome games this week....but a few that are interesting with playoff implications certainly..
                The column is out a day early! Woohoo!

Comment

USF at MSU

Sioux Falls at MN. St. Mankato. MSU O-lineman have always been a pillar of strength, this year they have allowed 21 sacks,11th in the NSIC. The Mavs lead the league in rushing, although 44% of those yards came against CU and Minot. Still MSU leads the league in total offense. JD Ekowa has a strong arm and legs with a sensational WR in Jalen Sample, with a capable stable of RB. lead by the hirsute man Kaleb Sleezer. MSU defense clocks in at #6 in the NSIC and is top 10 in all metrics.

Sioux Falls strength is on defense where they lead the league with a stingy 18.8 points allowed. Led by DL Joey Wehrkamp and CB Lee Pitts. Offensively the Coo is breaking in a new QB who has proven to be an efficient passer with a 64.4% completion ratio with a modest 1648 yards, unlike previous USF QB he doesn't run often. When Thuro Reisdorfer is healthy he's simply the best RB in the league averaging 6.7 YPC.

What do all these numbers mean? In my opinion it will be a very close game. Almost everybody picked the Mavs including myself, but it could go either way. Odd season not having these two near or at the top in standings.

Comment

"a game that was bowling shoe ugly"

Move over Grantland Rice- you have competition.

Comment

I don't know why but I feel like the Warriors are going to pull the upset this week. I loved what I saw from the defense last week. The offense needs to be more consistent and hopefully establish something of a ground game. Gut says the guys know this can help them make the playoffs in Coach's last year. They will come out on fire.

Comment

The column is out a day early! Woohoo!

Guys, always trying to keep my loyal peeps happy..haha

With me putting in time on the Regional Rankings and our show (Sunday nights)....my column might not be a novel going forward. (I'm sure many are perfectly ok with that..ha)

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                          I don't know why but I feel like the Warriors are going to pull the upset this week. I loved what I saw from the defense last week. The offense needs to be more consistent and hopefully establish something of a ground game. Gut says the guys know this can help them make the playoffs in Coach's last year. They will come out on fire.
                          Slaying both Sioux Falls teams out on the western frontier in a fortnight would be glorious for the Warriors. If Winona does establish a run game they would be the first to do so. Could be a trap game for the Vikings after a victory in Mankato.
                          Last edited by vikingfaithful; 10-29-2021, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Guys, always trying to keep my loyal peeps happy..haha

With me putting in time on the Regional Rankings and our show (Sunday nights)....my column might not be a novel going forward. (I'm sure many are perfectly ok with that..ha)
                            We loyal peeps need our fearless leader. Seriously how do I log on to Sunday night show? Could not find a link last week.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

We loyal peeps need our fearless leader. Seriously how do I log on to Sunday night show? Could not find a link last week.
                              The shows can all be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGi...pvKKYVb5MPsJrw

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X