Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coo destroyed the Mavs today for their third home loss of the season. Just like last week this game wasn't as close as the final score. Big plays gashed the Mavs time and again. Untouched up the middle, around the end- just a field day for the Coo offense.

Comment

USF RB Landon Freeman had career day. Ten runs for 213 yards, 3 receptions for 86 yards and 5 Touchdowns. 13 plays 299 yards, have to be offensive POW.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
          USF RB Landon Freeman had career day. Ten runs for 213 yards, 3 receptions for 86 yards and 5 Touchdowns. 13 plays 299 yards, have to be offensive POW.
          He also had 42 return yards for a total of 341 all-purpose yards. He was a one man wrecking machine today. Good for him. With those stats I would hope he'd be in the discussion for the national POW too.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
            The Moorhead broadcast remains probably the best in the league.
            Steve d'Eustachio is the best around, nothings gonna ever keep him down

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Steve d'Eustachio is the best around, nothings gonna ever keep him down
              We are always going ti disagree on this. Their production is top notch, including the angles, timely replay and the cut in to other games.

Steve is one of the most unbearable radio personalities I've ever heard. In watching games in the past I've had a wife, kids and distant family members, who don't know (or care) about voices of the NSIC, enter the room and ask me to "turn that guy off". Again, no right or wrong on opinions of what people like and there are certainly worse people at the job, but I am just baffled by this stance every time I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

We are always going ti disagree on this. Their production is top notch, including the angles, timely replay and the cut in to other games.

Steve is one of the most unbearable radio personalities I've ever heard. In watching games in the past I've had a wife, kids and distant family members, who don't know (or care) about voices of the NSIC, enter the room and ask me to "turn that guy off". Again, no right or wrong on opinions of what people like and there are certainly worse people at the job, but I am just baffled by this stance every time I see it.
                Yeah, I hate to say it because I'm a Dragons fan, but I kind of agree. I love the broadcasts that are put together. Camera work, score bug, and all of those technical factors are solid. However, I have trouble listening to Steve. It's not even his voice I have as much of a problem with, it's more his delivery. He does play by play in such a monotonous way that it comes across as dull. As a result, every time he tries to get excited, it feels forced.

A couple of my favorite announcers are Mike Tirico and Kevin Harlan. I'm obviously not expecting that level of quality from the Dragons broadcasts. But some more energy would certainly be welcome.

It's also noticeable that he isn't able to fill slow periods in the games very well. There was a point yesterday where there was a slow down in the game as the teams were resetting after a penalty or something, and he started going on this long paragraph about what his plans for Halloween are? Like I get having a couple words, but it went on and on to the point where it was still going after the play started.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                  As Tundra said....thanks for that reply....I've been away a bit this weekend.

There will also be a live option to join the show on Sunday evening on the D2 twitter page.

Comment

I think the Moorhead web production is probably the best in the league. The video quality paired with rock solid audio..and responsive camera work. I like Steve....as he's got more personality than a good portion of the NSIC guys on pbp. His analyst guy isn't bad either and adds football coach tidbits. While Steve has some homer in him, he's pretty reasonable on his call and isn't afraid to speak to things honestly. (The guys in the league who complain about ref calls on a weekly basis..on air....drive me up the wall)

I've spoken plenty during my twitter gameday updates about the Mankato stream....the video quality (image) is fantastic....the scoreboard overlay is simply maddening and the dizzy cameras work mixed with poor timing of replays (and not letting the view know it's actually not live action) makes their feed frustrating to watch. If watching multiple games at once (which I often do), it's hard to know what the actual score is during Kato games because it's incorrect on the screen so often.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                      I think the Moorhead web production is probably the best in the league. The video quality paired with rock solid audio..and responsive camera work. I like Steve....as he's got more personality than a good portion of the NSIC guys on pbp. His analyst guy isn't bad either and adds football coach tidbits. While Steve has some homer in him, he's pretty reasonable on his call and isn't afraid to speak to things honestly. (The guys in the league who complain about ref calls on a weekly basis..on air....drive me up the wall)

I've spoken plenty during my twitter gameday updates about the Mankato stream....the video quality (image) is fantastic....the scoreboard overlay is simply maddening and the dizzy cameras work mixed with poor timing of replays (and not letting the view know it's actually not live action) makes their feed frustrating to watch. If watching multiple games at once (which I often do), it's hard to know what the actual score is during Kato games because it's incorrect on the screen so often.

Comment

I think we should get in a p***in' contest about the number of fans at the Northern/Moorhead game. Talk about absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
                          I think we should get in a p***in' contest about the number of fans at the Northern/Moorhead game. Talk about absurd.
                          No contest participation from me. Just learned that it is best to keep observations to yourself and some people just look for reasons to be angry.

Oh well

Comment

If memory serves me correctly, Minot has excellent camera work. Mary has the worst camera's, I think MrA said it right stating it looks like it's being done with an early era flip phone. Mary people look at the crowd and triple it for attendance.

For announcers, since I use a Roku device to watch FB/BB on my TV, I listen AU 37 year radio play by play man Jeff Fylling on internet broadcast. Just have to rewind game about 30 seconds to match his voice.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X