Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC - Week 10 Chat

A couple tough picks this week for me. Of course, as already has been pointed out, the NSIC is drunk this season so who knows what surprises await us.

Minnesota State-Moorhead at Concordia-St. Paul (12:00) - Moorhead has been dropping a lot of games they could have/should have won this season. Unfortunately for the Golden Bears, CSP has been dropping nearly all their games. I don't think Moorhead is going to lose this one.

Sioux Falls at Wayne State (1:00) - A week ago I would have said this probably would have been a much easier pick. Then the Coo goes into Mankato and manhandles the Mavericks, and Wayne goes into UIU and somehow drops a game to a (at that point) winless squad. Suddenly the pick gets murkier. I will say that Wayne losing is probably not a good situation for USF as now the Wildcats are probably pretty angry and looking to try and salvage their playoff hopes. The Coo has been really inconsistent. Sometimes they look like a juggernaut, and sometimes you're scratching your head wondering. Similar to what I've said in weeks past, I think the outcome of this game depends on which USF team gets off the bus. If it's the team that played against Augie, Mary and 'Kato, then USF rolls. If it's the team that played against Bemidji, Northern and Winona, then I think it will be all Wayne. I'm picking Wayne just because if the Coo loses I'll have a small consolation prize in getting the pick correct.

Minnesota State-Mankato at Southwest Minnesota State (1:00) - Oddly enough, overall Mankato has played better on the road this season. SMSU is still struggling. Now they get an upset Maverick squad coming in to Marshall. I have a feeling this won't be close.

Augustana at Minnesota-Duluth (1:00) - GOTW? Quite possibly. A Viking loss could throw the NSIC playoff picture into complete turmoil. Duluth is solid, but not elite. The VIkings this year are a much more complete team and should win this one, although I doubt it will be a cakewalk. Of course, I also said the same thing when they played against USF, so who knows?

Upper Iowa at Winona State (1:00) - UIU managed to get their first win of the season last Saturday, which means no NSIC team will finish the season without a win. Winona fought a hard game against Augie but came up short. I suspect Wayne went to Upper Iowa completely overlooking the Peacocks. I don't think the Warriors will make the same mistake. However, perhaps UIU having a taste of victory is starting to put some things together? I think Winona wins, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if UIU makes them work for it.

Bemidji State at Northern State (1:00) - Another good matchup. With Wayne's loss that really opens the door for the Green Beavers to make the playoffs, as long as they don't lose another game. Northern has been surprisingly inconsistent, going down early in games and then having to claw their way back. Both teams appear to be better at offense than they are at defense. I think Bemidji will take this one but I don't think it will be a cakewalk.

Minot State at Mary (2:00) - Minot was mostly dominated in their first four games, but in the last five they've been a lot more competitive (even winning one.) They surprised me in Duluth, putting up much more of a fight than I expected they would. Good for them. To me, Mary feels like a better team than their 3-6 record would indicate. The Marauders have one of the better offenses in the league. This feels like it's going to be a competitive game. I'm picking Mary, but a Red Beaver win wouldn't surprise me either.

Three really important games- Augie at UMD, which I think the Vikings will win because it sounds like Larsen is out. USF at Wayne- and that depends on which USF team shows up. I'm thinking that Wayne knows that they blew their playoff chance and that the Coo win. Bemidji at Northern- the toughest game for me to pick. Beavers are on a roll but Northern is at home. I've been wrong on my picks all year. I may flip flop on this one as the week goes on.

Comment

Augustana at Duluth has me quite concerned. Game means so much to each team, for UMD win and they're in playoff, lose probably stay home. For AU win and they ge a bye week and host game, lose and team is on the road. I'm picking the Vikings as they have been more consistent and have played a more rugged schedule.

Beavers of Bemidji at Wolves of Northern, what a huge game. When NSU is hot they can beat anybody in conference, when they are cold they can lose to most teams. BSU two losses are to MSU and AU. The Augustana loss was ugly at home and during homecoming 52-24, but the Beavers have been golden ever since and have been consistently good. Two 2 loss teams playing for a playoff spot. I'm leaning towards the Beavers

USF at WSC. Two up and down teams playing to keep their playoff spots alive. USF have 2 big victories against AU and MSU, so does WSC on the road vs. UMD and MSU. Seems the Coo have had the hotter hand recently so I'll take them.

Comment

I am just hoping UMD can hang on for the rest of the season. Last week they had 14 players who had started at least one game, out with injury!! This is where those extra scholarships would come in handy.

Comment

Apparently Larson is not expected to be out this weekend: https://www.wdio.com/sports/umd-bull...439/?cat=10347

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
            Apparently Larson is not expected to be out this weekend: https://www.wdio.com/sports/umd-bull...439/?cat=10347
            That probably makes this game a lot more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
              A couple tough picks this week for me. Of course, as already has been pointed out, the NSIC is drunk this season so who knows what surprises await us.

Minnesota State-Moorhead at Concordia-St. Paul (12:00) - Moorhead has been dropping a lot of games they could have/should have won this season. Unfortunately for the Golden Bears, CSP has been dropping nearly all their games. I don't think Moorhead is going to lose this one.

Sioux Falls at Wayne State (1:00) - A week ago I would have said this probably would have been a much easier pick. Then the Coo goes into Mankato and manhandles the Mavericks, and Wayne goes into UIU and somehow drops a game to a (at that point) winless squad. Suddenly the pick gets murkier. I will say that Wayne losing is probably not a good situation for USF as now the Wildcats are probably pretty angry and looking to try and salvage their playoff hopes. The Coo has been really inconsistent. Sometimes they look like a juggernaut, and sometimes you're scratching your head wondering. Similar to what I've said in weeks past, I think the outcome of this game depends on which USF team gets off the bus. If it's the team that played against Augie, Mary and 'Kato, then USF rolls. If it's the team that played against Bemidji, Northern and Winona, then I think it will be all Wayne. I'm picking Wayne just because if the Coo loses I'll have a small consolation prize in getting the pick correct.

Minnesota State-Mankato at Southwest Minnesota State (1:00) - Oddly enough, overall Mankato has played better on the road this season. SMSU is still struggling. Now they get an upset Maverick squad coming in to Marshall. I have a feeling this won't be close.

Augustana at Minnesota-Duluth (1:00) - GOTW? Quite possibly. A Viking loss could throw the NSIC playoff picture into complete turmoil. Duluth is solid, but not elite. The VIkings this year are a much more complete team and should win this one, although I doubt it will be a cakewalk. Of course, I also said the same thing when they played against USF, so who knows?

Upper Iowa at Winona State (1:00) - UIU managed to get their first win of the season last Saturday, which means no NSIC team will finish the season without a win. Winona fought a hard game against Augie but came up short. I suspect Wayne went to Upper Iowa completely overlooking the Peacocks. I don't think the Warriors will make the same mistake. However, perhaps UIU having a taste of victory is starting to put some things together? I think Winona wins, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if UIU makes them work for it.

Bemidji State at Northern State (1:00) - Another good matchup. With Wayne's loss that really opens the door for the Green Beavers to make the playoffs, as long as they don't lose another game. Northern has been surprisingly inconsistent, going down early in games and then having to claw their way back. Both teams appear to be better at offense than they are at defense. I think Bemidji will take this one but I don't think it will be a cakewalk.

Minot State at Mary (2:00) - Minot was mostly dominated in their first four games, but in the last five they've been a lot more competitive (even winning one.) They surprised me in Duluth, putting up much more of a fight than I expected they would. Good for them. To me, Mary feels like a better team than their 3-6 record would indicate. The Marauders have one of the better offenses in the league. This feels like it's going to be a competitive game. I'm picking Mary, but a Red Beaver win wouldn't surprise me either.
              If Mary does not win this game I am driving to Southern Illinois and offering Jason Petrino the bank to come and be our D Coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post

If Mary does not win this game I am driving to Southern Illinois and offering Jason Petrino the bank to come and be our D Coordinator.
                Considering Mary is comes in near the bottom of the conference in defense ( #12) you should make that drive. Your 5th ranked offense is golden.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  That would be a huge boost for us, but I am guessing this means he is healthy enough to play, but probably still unable to throw. He has been used in strictly running plays for the past few games, but even that would be helpful against Augies run defense.

Comment

Originally posted by umd1 View Post

That would be a huge boost for us, but I am guessing this means he is healthy enough to play, but probably still unable to throw. He has been used in strictly running plays for the past few games, but even that would be helpful against Augies run defense.

Comment

Keep in mind, Larson has been out there playing intermittently over the last few weeks....but hasn't played but very sparingly since their loss to Wayne where he banged his arm on a helmet (or something like that). He's been wearing a protective brace kinda thing for a bit now. My guess is he still not 100% as a thrower but is instead trying to help out however he physically can.

Comment

Witt thoughts here for Week 10..
                        https://www.d2football.com/nsic-week-ten-preview-2021/

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                          Wow Augie 40-24. I'm more nervous. Thanks Matt, I always look forward to reading this coverage each week.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGvikingFan View Post

Wow Augie 40-24. I'm more nervous. Thanks Matt, I always look forward to reading this coverage each week.
                            I'm in agreement about playing UMD. AU has had so many close losses to the Bulldogs. In 2010 with a 10-1 record the Vikings hosted mighty Grand Valley St and won 38-6 in the playoffs, then went to UMD and lost 24-13. The Dogs cruised through the rest of the playoffs for a NC.

Danny Kittner has an opportunity to smash the current season reception yard record of 1395 held by MSUM Damon Gibson in 2016. Kittner has 1332 yards with 2 games left.

Comment

Does someone want to let the Vikings know they have a game today and it started at 1:00?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X