Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Millsy View Post

I hope so too, but I feel it as well....

UMD lost to Wayne State, BSU beat Wayne State
    BSU lost to Mankato, UMD beat Mankato
    BSU lost to Augustana, UMD beat Augustana
    BSU has the head to head victory over UMD

Assuming both teams win next weekend,, does UMD's rep leap frog them over BSU, even though BSU would win the NSIC North and share the NSIC overall title? Ugh....
    Sadly it's now a simple triangle. And here's how that breaks down. Duluth kills Augie, Augie killed us and we barely squeaked by Duluth. Nothing else will matter. And sadly I actually see the logic in that. Zero chance Augie loses to SMSU next week. Our only hope is a now demoralized NSU beats Duluth in Duluth or an even slimmer chance Pueblo upsets Colorado Western. And the panel puts three NSIC teams in playoffs. We thought we were playing a playoff game today and our whole world got turned upside down.

Comment

Viking's D was not good in first half. Lack of offense didn't help - 1st drive pick six followed on next drive by a strip sack turnover on the 18. Sad that our QB proved he has not gotten over his ability to go from hot to ice cold. Does not bode well for a run in the playoffs. D pitched a shutout in the second half, but offense couldn't come to life and gave them another 7 with another pick six.

Comment

Being philosophical now... A mineral water Bowl wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Avoids the possibility of a first round playoff embarrassment, let's you complain about how you got screwed, and gives you (hopefully) two 'championships' to brag about to recruits. But let us not forget Mary is vastly improved and we have to take care of business next week.

Comment

Originally posted by BSUDad View Post
          Being philosophical now... A mineral water Bowl wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Avoids the possibility of a first round playoff embarrassment, let's you complain about how you got screwed, and gives you (hopefully) two 'championships' to brag about to recruits. But let us not forget Mary is vastly improved and we have to take care of business next week.
          Also gives your underclassmen a couple of extra practices. Once heard a coach say, granted D-I, but those practices leading up to bowls are huge as you can start implementing things for spring ball/next season as your upper classmen understand the systems in place for the bowl game.
          Millsy

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just looked at NSIC football handbook. So let's just assume for a second Augie, UMD, BSU and Sioux Falls all win next week. Overall conference championship does not have tie breakers as far as I could tell so that's a three way tie. But this is where it gets truly bizarre... Sioux Falls would be south champ due to same record in division and head to head win over Augie (or possibly just a tie if head to head isn't considered) and BSU is undefeated division champ.... And it's entirely probable that the two 2nd place teams are playoff bound and the two first place teams are not. And apparently there was s no mineral bowl this year!! So the Beavs will have a share of overall title and undisputed north title and be home for the playoffs.... Agreed with earlier comment I wish there was a way for all three to go. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Im certainly pulling for you lol. And don't sell your squad short. While UMD certainly has to be favored Northern beating anyone these days is hardly an upset. You guys are flat out good. And with those facilities I firmly believe you will dominate for a long time - just hopefully after my son's tenure!

Comment

4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                    2016 NSIC Champions
                    🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

For what it's worth, conference champs and such have absolutely nothing to do with playoff selection or criteria. My column spells out the criteria.

BSU has head to head over UMD if their W/L and SOS are similar. I think Augie will be higher than both due to SOS.

Comment

Originally posted by BSUDad View Post
                        Being philosophical now... A Mineral Water Bowl wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Avoids the possibility of a first round playoff embarrassment, let's you complain about how you got screwed, and gives you (hopefully) two 'championships' to brag about to recruits. But let us not forget Mary is vastly improved and we have to take care of business next week.
                        Would be if ya lost 90-28.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X