Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

An Augie fan complaining about political cronyism considering all the advantages you get from the North Sun is hilarious. :)

But I can get behind a recount. That's my kind of business.
    What are these "advantages" you speak of? Getting road games for all of the toughest opponents for 2 seasons in a row?

Comment

It is interesting to hear the wailing when the RRs come out. It seems to all hash out after the final weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

A consideration might be that the NSIC is the only league in R4 that has a silo schedule. The committee might look at this because of the imbalance the NSIC has in that regard. I think that was a factor in 2017.
        Cat, I have zero thoughts this is part of things. Maybe I'm just a fool for the criteria and actual team(s) evaluation tho. Since the NSIC teams can have a varied SOS (silo, but that doesn't mean everyone plays Augie, etc)....I just don't see the rationale to use that as a reason to have Mines higher. IF so, then Harding wouldn't be ahead of GV in SR3 and so forth.

Another note..
        UMD wins out and they are in for sure.
        Personally I'd have Western ahead of Angelo per the numbers..
        Looking further into Commerce, they are a coin flip with NSU for the 10th spot. Commerce being 2-3 against better opp is what's dragging them down, my guess. If Commerce beats Angelo, they might very well make it..which would include Angelo dropping below them due to both having 3 losses..and head to head.
        Western could sneak into the conversation of hosting (4 seed or better)..as the CWU SOS is gonna drop here in future weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Cat, I have zero thoughts this is part of things. Maybe I'm just a fool for the criteria and actual team(s) evaluation tho. Since the NSIC teams can have a varied SOS (silo, but that doesn't mean everyone plays Augie, etc)....I just don't see the rationale to use that as a reason to have Mines higher. IF so, then Harding wouldn't be ahead of GV in SR3 and so forth.

Another note..
          UMD wins out and they are in for sure.
          Personally I'd have Western ahead of Angelo per the numbers..
          Looking further into Commerce, they are a coin flip with NSU for the 10th spot. Commerce being 2-3 against better opp is what's dragging them down, my guess. If Commerce beats Angelo, they might very well make it..which would include Angelo dropping below them due to both having 3 losses..and head to head.
          Western could sneak into the conversation of hosting (4 seed or better)..as the CWU SOS is gonna drop here in future weeks.
          On 2017, an undefeated CWU leapfrogged Minnesota State on the last RR. I believe it was SOS. There was some speculation that it also was a statement on silo scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Of those that haven't made the playoff the following have made the Mineral Water Bowl.

Bemidji
            Concordia
            Northern
            Southwest

Which leaves Mary, Moorhead, Minot and Upper Iowa with no post season play, which will have to wait another year to change that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineral_Water_Bowl
            Incorrect. MSUM played in the Mineral Water Bowl in 2018. 8-3 regular season record

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFan1992 View Post

Incorrect. MSUM played in the Mineral Water Bowl in 2018. 8-3 regular season record
              My deepest and most sincere apologies. Please forgive me. Was looking at the list of teams that has appeared which doesn't include the beloved Dragons. I am ashamed.

Comment

On 2017, an undefeated CWU leapfrogged Minnesota State on the last RR. I believe it was SOS. There was some speculation that it also was a statement on silo scheduling.
                Cat....u know that I recall this....as I interviewed the head of the national committee that year for D2 and posted that interview back at that time in regards to this very topic. Since that was 4 years ago and I didn't fully buy into the silo reasoning myself, I continue to focus on the criteria.

That said, I've stated before on our show that I feel CWU is a very interesting team this year and I wondered how the committee would view them. I think there might be a slight chance Western passes them up for that 3 or 4 spot..but I'm still expecting CWU to host (likely). How do you feel this CWU stacks up with the 2017 squad? I'm assuming you have the '17 group higher up..maybe by a wide margin....input plz..

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

My deepest and most sincere apologies. Please forgive me. Was looking at the list of teams that has appeared which doesn't include the beloved Dragons. I am ashamed.

Comment

It is interesting to hear the wailing when the RRs come out. It seems to all hash out after the final weekend.
                    Yeah you are right. My Vikings of Augustana still have to take care of business up north in Duluth,

Other then the MIAA, how many conferences that only play football within the conference?

Mr. Matt Witwicki passionate defense of the NSIC is appreciated.
                    Last edited by vikingfaithful; 11-02-2021, 01:23 PM. Reason: goofed

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

An Augie fan complaining about political cronyism considering all the advantages you get from the North Sun is hilarious. :)

But I can get behind a recount. That's my kind of business.
                      The offices of the NSIC should move from the Twin Cities to Sioux Falls. Sioux Falls Sun Conference has a nice ring to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Cat....u know that I recall this....as I interviewed the head of the national committee that year for D2 and posted that interview back at that time in regards to this very topic. Since that was 4 years ago and I didn't fully buy into the silo reasoning myself, I continue to focus on the criteria.

That said, I've stated before on our show that I feel CWU is a very interesting team this year and I wondered how the committee would view them. I think there might be a slight chance Western passes them up for that 3 or 4 spot..but I'm still expecting CWU to host (likely). How do you feel this CWU stacks up with the 2017 squad? I'm assuming you have the '17 group higher up..maybe by a wide margin....input plz..
                        I think the 2017 team was super talented. AA LB in Kevin Haynes went to the CFL. Great OL and QB. Great DL with AA quality players. What hurt us was the inexperience in our coaching staff.

This year's team is different. Very resilient and work through adversity. The OL has been banged up, but they are getting back to form and healthy including the AA Will Ortner. The line is big and athletic and CWU has an RB by committee in Boddie and Flanagan. We struggle throwing the ball. WAS are experienced and block well downfield. Two of them are converted QBs.

The big difference I see is that the 2021 group plays better as a team, and they are relentless, especially on D. Angelo struggled all game even when getting a short field. Don't Hamilton is our #44 (tradition at CWU), and desvedly so.

They could be a tough out in the playoffs. But then again, I wouldn't want my paycheck dependent on 20 yo kids...

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Yeah you are right. My Vikings of Augustana still have to take care of business up north in Duluth,

Other then the MIAA, how many conferences that only play football within the conference?

Mr. Matt Witwicki passionate defense of the NSIC is appreciated.
                          GAC, MIAA, and NSIC. The MEC has 12 teams. They might be silo.

Comment

If UMD and Northern win this weekend (far from certain in either matchup), it would create a de facto play-in game in the final week of the regular season!

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

The offices of the NSIC should move from the Twin Cities to Sioux Falls. Sioux Falls Sun Conference has a nice ring to it.
                              Glad to have you on board! I have been calling it that for three years!

Comment

Augie beats UMD this week they would move to #1. UMD loses and they are out of the playoff picture. Should be a great game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X