3. Central Washington (5-1, 5-1)
    4. Midwestern State (5-1, 6-1)
    5. Angelo State (6-2, 7-2)
    6. Western Colorado (8-1, 8-1)
    7. Bemidji State (7-2, 7-2)
    8. Minnesota-Duluth (7-2, 7-2)
    9. Colorado Mesa (5-2, 6-2)
    10. Northern State (7-2, 7-2)
    3 teams lost Nov. 6 on this SR4 rankings #2, Augustana, #4 Midwestern St. #10 Northern St. Don't know how far AU tumbles. Do not know if Northern falls off rankings.

Comment

Here's Ink's newest projections..
      https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...ional-rankings

I will talk about all this in great detail tonight on our show. (7pm....via twitter, youtube, etc)

I took a very hard look at this last night. I'm not sure I have Augie dropping as far as 5....instead 4..maybe even 3. CWU is a hard team to get a gauge on since they have a much different schedule and haven't played much real competition. They could stay as high as 3..or drop a few. Like Ink, I have Angelo moved up to 2....as their SOS is very high..jumping them over a 1-loss CWU squad. Augie could land ahead of CWU for the same reasoning. I have a feeling Augie gets in the top 4....landing them a home game.

I don't have Western going as high as Ink....but his numbers are true whereas I'm just eyeballing things based on my past experience doing this. He could very well be right.

I mentioned to some USF folks last night that I had the Coo moving into the top 10 if Commerce lost (who was #11)..and maybe even jumping Mesa due to SOS....but I think 10 is likely for them. Northern is too far back yet in SOS to be considered a tie with the Coo....after next week I think NSU will be a virtual tie with the Coo for SOS....but with a loss for the Wolves this last week, too little too late. USF will peak at 10 unless there's a complete collapse infront of them, and even with losses for schools like UMD or BSU....the Coo has tie-losses to BSU and NSU both. Having UIU next for USF will only hurt their SOS as the regular season concludes.

The 3 way NSIC tie with Augie, BSU, and UMD looks like this....IMO..
      yes they all beat each other, but Augie should finish with an SOS that's 20/30 points higher than the other two. So the committee probably won't see them as a tie (per the criteria) and will slot Augie ahead of those other two....and then BSU and UMD will look like a tie, thusly BSU gets a spot infront of the Dogs. With the Midwestern loss last night I also have them dropping to 8..but they could land at 7..as their SOS might still be better at the moment than UMD. The Bulldogs will aid their SOS further with a win over NSU next week.

I also have UMD traveling to NWMSU if they make it....as the teams in the NSIC are so far away from each other (hosts) that it would make since as they aren't an airfare to Maryville.

Keep in mind, teams 5-6-7 are all at-large squads....they can be moved to other regions....since all the 5-6-7 teams are viewed are free agents basically in this process. It's all about the NCAA limiting flights as much as possible when composing the bracket. Team selection is done first....then who travels where.

Comment

Would be awesome if this comes to fruition. Would love to see three NSIC teams in.

Comment

Thanks Matt for trying to clear up this complex puzzle. Never remember this much intrigue for NSIC so late in season.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
            Here's Ink's newest projections..
            https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...ional-rankings

I will talk about all this in great detail tonight on our show. (7pm....via twitter, youtube, etc)

I took a very hard look at this last night. I'm not sure I have Augie dropping as far as 5....instead 4..maybe even 3. CWU is a hard team to get a gauge on since they have a much different schedule and haven't played much real competition. They could stay as high as 3..or drop a few. Like Ink, I have Angelo moved up to 2....as their SOS is very high..jumping them over a 1-loss CWU squad. Augie could land ahead of CWU for the same reasoning. I have a feeling Augie gets in the top 4....landing them a home game.

I don't have Western going as high as Ink....but his numbers are true whereas I'm just eyeballing things based on my past experience doing this. He could very well be right.

I mentioned to some USF folks last night that I had the Coo moving into the top 10 if Commerce lost (who was #11)..and maybe even jumping Mesa due to SOS....but I think 10 is likely for them. Northern is too far back yet in SOS to be considered a tie with the Coo....after next week I think NSU will be a virtual tie with the Coo for SOS....but with a loss for the Wolves this last week, too little too late. USF will peak at 10 unless there's a complete collapse infront of them, and even with losses for schools like UMD or BSU....the Coo has tie-losses to BSU and NSU both. Having UIU next for USF will only hurt their SOS as the regular season concludes.

The 3 way NSIC tie with Augie, BSU, and UMD looks like this....IMO..
            yes they all beat each other, but Augie should finish with an SOS that's 20/30 points higher than the other two. So the committee probably won't see them as a tie (per the criteria) and will slot Augie ahead of those other two....and then BSU and UMD will look like a tie, thusly BSU gets a spot infront of the Dogs. With the Midwestern loss last night I also have them dropping to 8..but they could land at 7..as their SOS might still be better at the moment than UMD. The Bulldogs will aid their SOS further with a win over NSU next week.

I also have UMD traveling to NWMSU if they make it....as the teams in the NSIC are so far away from each other (hosts) that it would make since as they aren't an airfare to Maryville.

Keep in mind, teams 5-6-7 are all at-large squads....they can be moved to other regions....since all the 5-6-7 teams are viewed are free agents basically in this process. It's all about the NCAA limiting flights as much as possible when composing the bracket. Team selection is done first....then who travels where.
            Nice write up, Matt.

CWU is a bit hard to hash out. Angelo should jump them as they have the head-to-head over CWU. I wouldn't say that CWU is any harder to hash out than any NSIC team. Silo schedule will always raise questions. That said, I would like to see a rematch with Angelo; that was a good old fashioned brawl.

NSIC is quite the story this season. Can you see three RMAC teams getting in?

Comment

Cat..

Here is my own crystal ball..

I think 3 NSIC teams get in....and I think Augie finds a way onto the 4 line and hosts....their resume is just too good not to host. UMD and Bemidji both in with a win. Neither is a cake walk....Northern and Mary both have prolific passing attacks.

I think RMAC gets 2 in....Western (if they beat Pueblo, which is no picnic)..and Mines is now the clear cut #1

LSC....I think MW just played their way out of the playoffs and ends on the 8 line if not this week, the next week when/if UMD beats Northern. Angelo might be as good or better than any team in this dance. Not sure if that's commentary on them or the 7 teams....but there's no fire breathing dragon here and any of the top 4 teams in SR3 are better than anyone in SR4..honestly.

CWU gets in out west..mostly due to the math game that is this criteria. I'm not convinced they are one of the top squads in SR4..but they've split against the 2 squads above .500 on their schedule. So..they are hardly battle tested. I fully realize it's the reality of where they are in this D2 landscape without Humboldt and APU, etc. We all dislike that. I'd love to see both the RMAC and the LSC help fill out their schedule all the more.

While teams like Mesa, USF, and Northern will be sitting there at 9-10-11....I think BSU, UMD, and Augie would both need to lose..(2 outta 3)..for Mesa to get a real chance at the 7 spot. If those squads were to all lose, then USF and Northern could seemingly get themselves in a 5 team dance with all 5 NSIC having 3 losses....and they've all beaten each other to some extent. So..it would be a wild mess to see who made the dance at that point.

Comment

Cat..

Here is my own crystal ball..

I think 3 NSIC teams get in....and I think Augie finds a way onto the 4 line and hosts....their resume is just too good not to host. UMD and Bemidji both in with a win. Neither is a cake walk....Northern and Mary both have prolific passing attacks.

I think RMAC gets 2 in....Western (if they beat Pueblo, which is no picnic)..and Mines is now the clear cut #1

LSC....I think MW just played their way out of the playoffs and ends on the 8 line if not this week, the next week when/if UMD beats Northern. Angelo might be as good or better than any team in this dance. Not sure if that's commentary on them or the 7 teams....but there's no fire breathing dragon here and any of the top 4 teams in SR3 are better than anyone in SR4..honestly.

CWU gets in out west..mostly due to the math game that is this criteria. I'm not convinced they are one of the top squads in SR4..but they've split against the 2 squads above .500 on their schedule. So..they are hardly battle tested. I fully realize it's the reality of where they are in this D2 landscape without Humboldt and APU, etc. We all dislike that. I'd love to see both the RMAC and the LSC help fill out their schedule all the more.

While teams like Mesa, USF, and Northern will be sitting there at 9-10-11....I think BSU, UMD, and Augie would both need to lose..(2 outta 3)..for Mesa to get a real chance at the 7 spot. If those squads were to all lose, then USF and Northern could seemingly get themselves in a 5 team dance with all 5 NSIC having 3 losses....and they've all beaten each other to some extent. So..it would be a wild mess to see who made the dance at that point.
                Always enjoy your take.

SR4 only has one silo conference. SR3 has two. Without some mixing mixing silo conference team is a mixed bag. Granted, there are certain reputations of conferences that carry over. I get it.

It will be interesting what CWU does if they get in. There D is superb and they are healthy. A lot of young players have gotten significant reps.

Will we see you in Eburg if an NSIC team heads this way?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                  I'll come to visit if MSU gets sent there this fall. ')

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I'll come to visit if MSU gets sent there this fall. ')
                    Unicorns crapping bags of gold....

Comment

Always enjoy your take.

SR4 only has one silo conference. SR3 has two. Without some mixing mixing silo conference team is a mixed bag. Granted, there are certain reputations of conferences that carry over. I get it.

It will be interesting what CWU does if they get in. There D is superb and they are healthy. A lot of young players have gotten significant reps.

Cat....I would love to make such a trip....but in the world of reality, no. We travel to games on our own wallet and I'm like the NCAA D2....no flights for me. haha!

Comment

Unicorns crapping bags of gold....
                        Always appreciate people from other conferences opinions. We are used to Mankato dominating the NSIC and going deep into playoffs. With them down it's hard to day how good the current NSIC leaders are. Hopefully our league members represent the conference well. Perhaps there will be a NSIC member versus CWU this season. What is the story with Humboldt and APU?
                        Last edited by vikingfaithful; 11-07-2021, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Always appreciate people from other conferences opinions. We are used to Mankato dominating the NSIC and going deep into playoffs. With them down it's hard to day how good the current NSIC leaders are. Hopefully our league members represent the conference well. Perhaps there will be a NSIC member versus CWU this season. What is the story with Humboldt and APU?
                          Humboldt and APU are dead to us.

Both dropped football. They had solid programs.

CWU has been supporting football strongly. We are probably at the high end of $ for DII. Travel takes a huge chunk now.

Comment

Cat....I would love to make such a trip....but in the world of reality, no. We travel to games on our own wallet and I'm like the NCAA D2....no flights for me. haha!
                            Maybe we can put you on schollie....

Comment

Humboldt and APU are dead to us.

Both dropped football. They had solid programs.

CWU has been supporting football strongly. We are probably at the high end of $ for DII. Travel takes a huge chunk now.
                              CWU played Augustana in 2005 2006. You beat us both games, I went to the 06 game in Sioux Falls 32-26. Lost to EWU 14-10 as well in the one meeting. The NCC was falling apart because of D1 departures and both Washington teams were briefly in the NCC. Has to be tough for you to find games.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

CWU played Augustana in 2005 2006. You beat us both games, I went to the 06 game in Sioux Falls 32-26. Lost to EWU 14-10 as well in the one meeting. The NCC was falling apart because of D1 departures and both Washington teams were briefly in the NCC. Has to be tough for you to find games.
                                It was WWU. They followed us then dropped football.

It has been tough. We have a great football tradition.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X