Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UMD really has to be looking back at that BSU game and shaking their heads. Trying to force gimmick plays to Larson ultimately cost them a gimmie TD amongst some of the other gaffs that game. A win there and they are sitting at #1 or #2 right now with either a home game or a bye. Was interesting to watch last weekend when they decided Larson would only play the role of an injured backup QB how well they played against Augie.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post
      UMD really has to be looking back at that BSU game and shaking their heads. Trying to force gimmick plays to Larson ultimately cost them a gimmie TD amongst some of the other gaffs that game. A win there and they are sitting at #1 or #2 right now with either a home game or a bye. Was interesting to watch last weekend when they decided Larson would only play the role of an injured backup QB how well they played against Augie.
      I am still trying to figure out that play, also why did Larson come in to take the victory formation snaps v Augie? any info on Logan? he played well v BSU, then got injured on the last play when he tryed to recover his fumble. oh well if the Bulldogs play like last wk we will be in and NSIC champs (tied) but still champs.

Comment

While the NSIC has a different schedule because of more than 12 teams, it is still a silo as they never play outside of the NSIC. Tough to gauge teams that never leave their conference.

At least it doesn't end with everyone at a .500 SOS!

Not NSIC related; how far will Mines fall playing 1-9 Adams? The committee was tough on CWU on their victory over a 1-8 WNMU. I can't see them losing the #1 spot, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Umdfan35 View Post

I am still trying to figure out that play, also why did Larson come in to take the victory formation snaps v Augie? any info on Logan? he played well v BSU, then got injured on the last play when he tryed to recover his fumble. oh well if the Bulldogs play like last wk we will be in and NSIC champs (tied) but still champs.
          Not sure the status on Logan but saw him on the sideline last week in street clothes. Unless he recovers this week it will be Olson again. Seems the coach's have realized trying to fit Larson in at other positions and in on gimmick plays doesn't work when you have guys already out there that are better at those spots. I think the defense needs to play sound and Olson just needs to manage the offense and UMD pulls out the win. On a side note the weather looks not so fantastic on Saturday so throwing the ball alot could be out.

Comment

Originally posted by BSUDad View Post
            I'm shocked and down right giddy over these rankings. I do believe whoever wins that NSU/UMD game deserves the playoffs. Mary game no doubt the biggest game ever played at BSU. I just hope the kids play well and if they lose it's due to Mary playing great not us playing poorly.
            I'd love for you to be correct, but I just am not going to get my hopes up for such a special circumstance.

NSU can still what it has done many times over this year, make a little history and change the course. For good reasone it hasn't been a flawless year, but not one thing that I'm disappointed in.

"Can it be done father? Can a man change the stars?"

"Yes William, if he believes enough, a man can do anything"

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
              While the NSIC has a different schedule because of more than 12 teams, it is still a silo as they never play outside of the NSIC. Tough to gauge teams that never leave their conference.

Not NSIC related; how far will Mines fall playing 1-9 Adams? The committee was tough on CWU on their victory over a 1-8 WNMU. I can't see them losing the #1 spot, however.
              The bigger question is how much will Central Wash jump up by playing yet another juggernaut on their schedule (again)?

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

The bigger question is how much will Central Wash jump up by playing yet another juggernaut on their schedule (again)?
                They won't move up.

I see what you are doing.

CWU can only play who they can schedule. Didn't help in the LSC alliance that they got ENMU and WNMU.

It is tough to schedule out west.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post

Not sure the status on Logan but saw him on the sideline last week in street clothes. Unless he recovers this week it will be Olson again. Seems the coach's have realized trying to fit Larson in at other positions and in on gimmick plays doesn't work when you have guys already out there that are better at those spots. I think the defense needs to play sound and Olson just needs to manage the offense and UMD pulls out the win. On a side note the weather looks not so fantastic on Saturday so throwing the ball alot could be out.
                  We talked about this on our show last Sunday night. If you go back and listen to the announcers when Larson came in at the start of the 4th....was a tell. "it's really nice to see John out there" and "don't expect him to throw a pass" as he's got a huge brace on his elbow. If he was good-to-go, he'd start the game..not come in to do handoffs at the finish of a blowout. While the local media isn't putting anything out there about the exact injury, it's pretty apparent what's happ there. A season ending elbow injury..if you read between the lines on this situation. Maybe he get's back to throw a ball well enough to play..but any opponent can see the brace on video and see how he's been used.

UMD loves trick and gimmick plays as we've seen over the years from fake punts (often in past year) to flea flickers and other such things. A lot of eye candy plays and trickery, which has worked for the Dogs more than failed. I think given the baller Larson is, they are trying to still find way to use his playmaker ability and the trust they have in his..as an athlete. That's my take guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

At quick glance, I think the SOS (.534 for Mines) is good enough to sustain that blow and keep them on the 1 line, since the teams chasing them have 2 losses and won't finish with higher than a .530 SOS. I'm going to speculate further about this in my column, which I will have out Thursday....but it's a valid question.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

At quick glance, I think the SOS (.534 for Mines) is good enough to sustain that blow and keep them on the 1 line, since the teams chasing them have 2 losses and won't finish with higher than a .530 SOS. I'm going to speculate further about this in my column, which I will have out Thursday....but it's a valid question.
                      Yeah I remember in 2015 I think when Ferris State finished the regular season 10-0 and Midwestern State 10-1. Midwestern State ended up taking away the #1 seed at the end.

Mines Should hold on to the #1 spot but Angelo State plays an opponent that is .500 and has a lot of quality wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I think the last spot would be Midwestern's to lose.
                        No upsets from today and assuming Angelo State takes care of business tonight to me it's looking more and more likely that Central Washington will get that last playoff spot due to head to head win over Midwestern even though I think Midwestern would jump them to 7 on SOS numbers.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X