Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINAL Week Regional Rankings 11/8

1. Colorado MInes 9-1 vs. Adams State (1-9)
    2. Angelo State 8-2 @ Texas A&M-Kingsville (4-4)
    3. Augustana 8-2 vs, Southwest Minnesota (2-8)
    4. Bemidji State 8-2 vs. Mary (4-6)
    5. Western Colorado 8-1 vs. CSU-Pueblo (6-4)
    6. Central Washington 6-1 vs. Simon Frazier (0-4)
    7. Minnesota Duluth 8-2 vs. Northern State (7-3)
    8. Midwestern State 6-2 vs. UTPB (4-3)
    9. Sioux Falls 7-3 vs. Upper Iowa (1-9)
    10. Colorado Mesa 7-2 @ SD Mines (4-4)

Remaining 3 loss teams:

Northern State 7-3
    UTPB 4-3
    Last edited by Buffalo/Islander Alum; 11-08-2021, 03:17 PM.

Man, the loss to Mary was a killer. But...if Northern can upset Duluth this weekend (a big IF) and they still finish behind an 8-3 USF team they beat 41-10 that will be a tough pill to swallow.

Comment

Upper Iowa's record is 1-9. Doesn't change things much, but they should get credit for their win over Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
        Man, the loss to Mary was a killer. But...if Northern can upset Duluth this weekend (a big IF) and they still finish behind an 8-3 USF team they beat 41-10 that will be a tough pill to swallow.
        If Northern State finishes 1 spot behind Sioux Falls (7 vs. 8) then I believe the NCAA would move Northern State up due to head to head win. Otherwise its a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
          Upper Iowa's record is 1-9. Doesn't change things much, but they should get credit for their win over Wayne.
          Good catch. I edited Upper Iowa's record.

Comment

I'm shocked and down right giddy over these rankings. I do believe whoever wins that NSU/UMD game deserves the playoffs. Mary game no doubt the biggest game ever played at BSU. I just hope the kids play well and if they lose it's due to Mary playing great not us playing poorly.

Comment

Reaction....this week quality wins mattered.

The top 4 teams on the list all have 4 quality wins (over .500 clubs). Western and CWU had the slight advantage in Winning % plus SOS....but Western only 2 quality wins and CWU with 1.

UMD will jump those teams (I'd guess) with a win over NSU. Bemidji will at that point have the best SOS in that grouping of 3 NSIC teams and land at 3..and then Augie next best SOS at 4....and UMD at 5. (they all have beaten each other so that's a wash) BSU will also have 2 wins over ranked opps..which is something that helps them in this tight race. If things go chalk..I could see..
              1-Mines
              2-Angelo (very high SOS, 4 quality wins)
              3-BSU
              4-Augie
              5-UMD
              6-Western
              7-CWU

very unlikely anyone comes up and gets the 7 spot....as CWU plays Simon Frazer....and they BAD BAD..

Duluth then would travel....and NWMSU could very well be a spot they land, as I've thought this for a while. Neb Kearney would be traded for them, if it saves on flights....and it might, as they could drive to Mines (bus). This grouping in that order might not be awesome for bus travel for the NCAA.....not that I care personally. CWU would need to fly no matter what. I will let Ink speculate on who goes where. CWU to TX makes sense....kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Comment

Really happy for NSIC teams rankings turned out better then anticipated. I hope Augustana gets to host a game. Wonder what would happen if Northern beats Duluth.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                  Really happy for NSIC teams rankings turned out better then anticipated. I hope Augustana gets to host a game. Wonder what would happen if Northern beats Duluth.
                  I think the last spot would be Midwestern's to lose.

Comment

Since the NSIC is a silo schedule, doesn't that mean that all strength of schedules in the conference will be put at .500 for the final ranking? If so, then Northern would get a huge boost for strength of schedule as they currently have the second lowest strength of schedule in the entire region. Of course they have to beat Duluth for any of that to be relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown View Post
                      Since the NSIC is a silo schedule, doesn't that mean that all strength of schedules in the conference will be put at .500 for the final ranking? If so, then Northern would get a huge boost for strength of schedule as they currently have the second lowest strength of schedule in the entire region. Of course they have to beat Duluth for any of that to be relevant.
                      That is only true if you play everyone in the conference. Northern did not play Augie or Wayne this year so the SOS will be lower than .500 I believe.

Comment

Just like Thunder said, the NSIC is not a true silo schedule. Yes, teams only play other NSIC teams, but not everyone plays the same teams due to differing North/South crossover games.

Basically your "conference" schedule is your division opponents and the crossover games could be looked at as "non-conference" scheduling.
                        Millsy

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. I had seen a post on another thread talking about the Silo scheduling but I suppose that conference had less teams. Just trying to think of all possible scenarios for a NSU postseason spot.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. I had seen a post on another thread talking about the Silo scheduling but I suppose that conference had less teams. Just trying to think of all possible scenarios for a NSU postseason spot.
                            Valid question and point. Welcome to the board, by the way.

A true silo schedule is when there's 12 teams (for example) and everyone plays each other....and that's all the game each team plays. That way each team has played each other and has no outside the silo results. This is true in both the GAC and MIAA.

Comment

I've also been reading the general boards more the last few weeks to see what others are saying. Northern does not come up too often in the playoff discussion. It would seem to me that other than the obvious Northern has to win, Midwestern State and Colorado Mesa would both probably have to lose for Northern to have a chance. Hopefully then NSU and USF would be close enough in the "numbers" that the actual game played on the field would matter. By most accounts it has been a successful season for the Wolves, but they no doubt have to be kicking themselves with the losses that have occurred this season. If they would have been able to close out Mankato week 1, or not implode defensively on Gypsy Days then we wouldn't need help at this point.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X