Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

I think that's an understatement to say the least. I still want to celebrate what the boys did but in the heart of hearts it is now apparent that the entire NSIC was a giant suckfest this year. Sad. When Duluth got thumped first round I was afraid this was coming. The only playoff NSIC victory vs an NSIC opponent. Might have been better to lose to Augie and let them take the beat down lol. But at the end of the day it's D2 football. Very very few of these kids will play beyond college so it's still a game for them. So three teams can enjoy their claim of the title. And we just have to be honest that we are nowhere near the level of some of these other conferences. And never will be if we don't follow Northerns lead and join the facilities race. Look at the Missouri schools...

Comment

Originally posted by BSUDad View Post

I think that's an understatement to say the least. I still want to celebrate what the boys did but in the heart of hearts it is now apparent that the entire NSIC was a giant suckfest this year. Sad. When Duluth got thumped first round I was afraid this was coming. The only playoff NSIC victory vs an NSIC opponent. Might have been better to lose to Augie and let them take the beat down lol. But at the end of the day it's D2 football. Very very few of these kids will play beyond college so it's still a game for them. So three teams can enjoy their claim of the title. And we just have to be honest that we are nowhere near the level of some of these other conferences. And never will be if we don't follow Northerns lead and join the facilities race. Look at the Missouri schools...
          Spot on man, couldn't have said it better myself.

I think we all were thinking one of two things...

1) NSIC is legit this year.

2) NSIC is down bad this year.

Think we can now confirm it's #2.

I had the same feeling after seeing the Angelo St. v Duluth game. Given Duluth was a co-conference champ and getting beat that bad was scary. Thought Mines would win that game today but not by that kind of margin.

So hard to get nice/updated facilities when a lot of the funding goes to the hockey program. Teams like Northern and Winona don't have to worry about that.

NSIC needs to find a way to play an OOC game to get a better gauge on the conference. I saw someone on here suggested a great idea:

-6 Divisional games
          -4 out of divisional games
          -1 OOC. Maybe something like a week 1 challenge with MIAA schools

Comment

Originally posted by D2_Danger13 View Post

Spot on man, couldn't have said it better myself.

I think we all were thinking one of two things...

1) NSIC is legit this year.

2) NSIC is down bad this year.

Think we can now confirm it's #2.

I had the same feeling after seeing the Angelo St. v Duluth game. Given Duluth was a co-conference champ and getting beat that bad was scary. Thought Mines would win that game today but not by that kind of margin.

So hard to get nice/updated facilities when a lot of the funding goes to the hockey program. Teams like Northern and Winona don't have to worry about that.

NSIC needs to find a way to play an OOC game to get a better gauge on the conference. I saw someone on here suggested a great idea:

-6 Divisional games
            -4 out of divisional games
            -1 OOC. Maybe something like a week 1 challenge with MIAA schools
            Agreed 100%. Without non cons it's impossible to know where you're at. At least until your teams get absolutely embarrassed in playoffs!

Comment

Does anyone think St. Thomas hurt the NSIC?

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan View Post
                Does anyone think St. Thomas hurt the NSIC?
                No, this is their first year of recruiting as a D1 non-scholarship program. Lower football scholarship available hurts our league, only MSU is fully funded.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

No, this is their first year of recruiting as a D1 non-scholarship program. Lower football scholarship available hurts our league, only MSU is fully funded.
                  Agreed on St. Thomas. Maybe in the future but not this soon. Is Winona fully funded or at least close to it?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BSUDad View Post

Not only facilities but scholarships. Hard to compete with teams outside of the conference when your opponent has that many more scholarships to hand out.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post

Not only facilities but scholarships. Hard to compete with teams outside of the conference when your opponent has that many more scholarships to hand out.
                        The Bulldogs got thumped in 2016 by Emporia, we beat NWMS and Q Baptist in 2014 got thumped by NWMS in 2013, each time the staff and athletic admin, stated it was lack of scholarship, well that was 8 yrs ago, and we still are lagging behind. I believe we are at 26-27 scholarships, long way from 36, and that is a lot of lost recruits

Comment

Later in the week I'm planning on releasing a column that speaks about the NSIC in the postseason..and the strength of the conference. I've been putting it together the last few days, which is why I haven't spoken here. FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                            Later in the week I'm planning on releasing a column that speaks about the NSIC in the postseason..and the strength of the conference. I've been putting it together the last few days, which is why I haven't spoken here. FYI.
                            I'm guessing, much like when people talk about my strength, the word is referring to odor not physicality. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

I'm guessing, much like when people talk about my strength, the word is referring to odor not physicality. ;)
                              My wife says I have an odor about me. I say like a musky virile man. She says like an old man in a nursing home.

Comment

My wife says I have an odor about me. I say like a musky virile man. She says like an old man in a nursing home.
                                I always tell people, "If you smell someone's deodorant failing, it can't be mine because I'm not wearing any."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X