Clear All

• Bemidji State @ Colorado Mines RD 2

What are we thinking about this game?

Very interested to see this matchup.

What are you thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
      What are you thinking?
      I think it's a winnable game for Bemidji. Mines hasn't seen a passing attack like Bemidji yet but Mines is the kind of team that is very disciplined and not going to make mistakes.

I was questioning the competitiveness of the RMAC this year but after the W Col v Kearney game, I'm sold that the RMAC is pretty solid.

On the other hand, the Angelo St v Duluth game is making me, and some others on this forum, think the NSIC isn't as legit as we thought.

Gonna be a great game. The main thing is Mines not being used to this much passing. If I had to pick I'd say Mines by 3.

This Mines team is solid. Given the other games that went down this week, I'm leaning more towards the Orediggers.

Also, don't see either of these teams beating Angelo.
      Last edited by D2_Danger13; 11-21-2021, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D2_Danger13 View Post

I think it's a winnable game for Bemidji. Mines hasn't seen a passing attack like Bemidji yet but Mines is the kind of team that is very disciplined and not going to make mistakes.

I was questioning the competitiveness of the RMAC this year but after the W Col v Kearney game, I'm sold that the RMAC is pretty solid.

On the other hand, the Angelo St v Duluth game is making me, and some others on this forum, think the NSIC isn't as legit as we thought.

Gonna be a great game. The main thing is Mines not being used to this much passing. If I had to pick I'd say Mines by 3.

This Mines team is solid. Given the other games that went down this week, I'm leaning more towards the Orediggers.

Also, don't see either of these teams beating Angelo.
        I personally believe that Mines hasn't seen a team this year that can put up points the way BSU does. Their defense isn't the best but they come up with big plays when needed. Mines is a very discipline team but I don't believe that will be enough for them to keep up. However, there does seem to be a few games from Bemidji, mostly early in season, where things just don't click. They got absolutely blown out by Augie and suffered a commanding loss against a below average (for their standards) Kato team. Bemidji had some big turnovers in those games. Against Northern as well they had threw two interceptions deep in Northern territory. They were able to absorb those mistakes and come out on top, so if Bemidji is able to take care of the ball I can see them winning confidently.

Comment

Bemidji has the hot hand right now. I think they're capable of beating Mines if they can play explosively and not turn the ball over. Mines will be the most disciplined team Bemidji has faced this season. I don't expect Mines to make many mistakes. They'll be where they're supposed to be on D, won't miss blocking assignments and won't drop passes. Bemidji will have to play better than they played against Augie to keep it within reach. I expect a close game with Mines pulling away in the 4th to win by 10 points.

Comment

Massey Computer Rankings has this as far and away the most one-sided game on the board in R2....Mines -15.

All the other games are a touchdown or less.

At face value, BSU is not ranked in the top 25 (ours) and Mines is a top 10 squad per the polls.

....BSU was dead last in points allowed among the 28 playoff teams....30ppg....yet held Augie to 24 including turning the ball over in the red zone for an easy AU score. Bemidji can be sneaky good on D at times....they played USF strong that way also. Physical team....but gave up big points to Northern and Mary and their air raid attacks. How they defend the rushing attack of Mines will be key. I think they might do better at that than we might expect.

Comment

Go Bemidji !

Comment

Originally posted by D2_Danger13 View Post
                What are we thinking about this game?
                It will be warmer in Golden than it will be in Bemidji.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

It will be warmer in Golden than it will be in Bemidji.
                  Not uncommon for the Denver area to be warmer than Bemidji in the fall/winter. I was in Denver one spring break and they got 10" of snow one day, by the end of the next day it was gone. In Bemidji, you get 10" of snow this time of year, chances are it is sticking around until March.

As for the game, not sure what to think. We have never followed Beaver Football this late in the year (outside of the two Mineral Water Bowl games). Uncharted territory to say the least. The defense is not as strong as Beaver defenses in the past, but the offense seems more prolific than they have been. The losses to Mankato and Augustana early in the year seemed to be when the injury bug went through the team. Players are either now back or the underclassmen plugged into the positions have experience under their belts.

Hoping the Beavers can do the NSIC proud!
                  Last edited by Millsy; 11-24-2021, 02:31 PM.
                  Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post

Not uncommon for the Denver area to be warmer than Bemidji in the fall/winter. I was in Denver one spring break and they got 10" of snow one day, by the end of the next day it was gone. In Bemidji, you get 10" of snow this time of year, chances are it is sticking around until March.
                    Was just messin' around. Would be rare if Golden wasn't warmer. I think the game's a toss-up, but I did go with Mines just cuz I've been there.

Comment

https://www.d2football.com/nsic-play...-preview-2021/

My thoughts on round 2 in SR4..

Comment

I do enjoy your in-depth analysis Matt. Would be great if the Beavers pull this off so the NSIC wouldn't be a 1 and done conference. Still a bit painful as I thought AU should have beat BSU, but that's water under the bridge now. Go Beavers!

Comment

Halftime in Golden CO. Bemidji down 13-0. Anybody else watching the game?

Comment

34-6. Wow.

Shocked the game is this out of hand. Mines DB's unphased by the Bemidji passing attack, kids are well disciplined and the lack of size is not showing to be that much of a factor. Mines is taking advantage of Bemidji turnovers when Augie could not. Mines D-line is getting the most pressure on Alt he's gotten all year, hard for Bemidji to drop back and run the normal offense.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X