Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6823 St Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70118

Comment

• Is he taking the Two Lane highway to an OC position?

Comment

• Looks like another NSIC HC coaching opening may open up very soon.

Comment

• McMenamin joining Svoboda at Tulane?

Comment

• Although, Mcmenamin tenure was short at Wayne America he did get scholarships increased and some venue improvements. Hopefully the Wayne faithful get a great coach.

Comment

• https://wscwildcats.com/news/2022/2/...e-college.aspx

Now official. McMenamin has resigned to take the position of receivers coach at Tulane University in New Orleans.

John McMenamin resigns as head football coach at Wayne State College
              wscwildcats.com

Wayne State College Director of Athletics Mike Powicki announced today that Wildcat head football coach John McMenamin has resigned his position to become wide receivers coach at Division I Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana.

"I want to thank Coach McMenamin for his leadership to improve and advance the Wildcat football program," said Powicki. "We are most certainly in a better spot than when he first arrived. John inherited a challenging situation building a program through a pandemic, but he and his coaching staff rose to the challenge. We have some very exciting things happening at WSC and I am excited for the future of Wildcat football. I wish John the best as I know he will continue to have a great coaching career."

McMenamin served two years and coached one season at Wayne State (2020 season canceled due to COVID), guiding the Wildcats to a 7-4 record last season and the first seven-win season for the Wildcat program since 2011. Highlighting the seven-win season were road wins at #11 Minnesota-Duluth (September 25, 31-28) followed by another nationally-ranked road win two weeks later at #11 Minnesota State-Mankato (35-24 on October 9).

Prior to arriving at Wayne State, McMenamin served five years as offensive coordinator at Central Missouri, accumulating a 42-17 record with two NCAA Division II playoff appearances and one trip to the Mineral Water Bowl while directing one of the top offenses in NCAA Division II during those five years.

McMenamin was Wayne State's offensive coordinator for four seasons (2011-14), helping the Wildcats to a pair of winning seasons with his 2014 team ranked in the top 25 in NCAA Division II in seven different categories.

Other coaching stops for McMenamin were two years (2009-10) as offensive coordinator at Midland University while starting his collegiate coaching career at Nebraska-Omaha as an assistant coach from 2006 to 2008.

"Andrea and I would like to thank Wayne State College for the opportunity to come back to such a special place for us as the head coach of the Wildcats two years ago," commented McMenamin. "We are grateful for all the college has done for us as a family as well as providing all of the resources necessary to be one of the top football teams in the NSIC. I have no doubt, Wayne State football will continue on its current trajectory of both athletic and academic success."

Wayne State ended the 2021 season with a 7-4 record and fourth place finish in the NSIC South Division with a 3-3 mark. It was the first seven-win season for the Wildcat program since 2011.

Comment

• All indications are that Logan Masters (OC and former player) will take control of the ship, as seen during their recruiting get-together that was broadcast on the NSIC App. I haven't seen anything about him being officially bumped to the head coach job..but for at least the time being that appears to be the case. Option 1: He gets the job. Option 2: Job is opened up to a search and such. For continuity sake and such I get the feeling most would like to see Masters get the gig and to continue building on their positive momentum (7-4 season) of a year ago.

Comment

• https://wscwildcats.com/news/2022/2/...e-college.aspx

Logan Masters Promoted to Head Football Coach at Wayne State College
                  wscwildcats.com

Wayne State College Director of Athletics Mike Powicki has announced that Logan Masters has been promoted from offensive coordinator to head coach of the Wildcat football program. He takes over for John McMenamin, who resigned February 3 to become wide receivers coach at Division I Tulane University.

"I am very excited to elevate Coach Masters as our next head football coach," remarked Powicki. "For the past 10 years I've gotten to know and see Logan grow as a coach, a recruiter and a professional. He has a tremendous amount of passion for Wildcat football as an alum and Hall of Famer no one wants Wayne State to be successful more than him."

Powicki added, "We have so much positive momentum going on within the program and with our current coaching staff I am confident Coach Masters can continue that progress and take Wildcat football to the next level."

Masters has served the last two years as offensive coordinator for the Wildcats, helping the Wildcats to a 7-4 record last season, the first seven-win season at WSC since 2011. He coached a Wildcat offense that ranked third in rushing offense in the 2021 season in the NSIC, averaging 182.1 yards per game and the 414.5 yards per game by the Wildcat offense was the most by a Wildcat offense since the 2014 season.

Masters is in his second stint as coach at Wayne State after spending three seasons (2017-19) at Chadron State College where he was offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in 2019 and served as wide receivers coach and game operations manager the previous two years. He coached Chadron State's first-ever 3,000-yard passer in 2019 and was a part of three straight winning seasons with the Eagles (6-5 in 2019, 7-3 in 2018, and 6-5 in 2017).

"I am honored and humbled to be the next head coach at Wayne State College," said Masters. "I am beyond thankful for this opportunity to lead our football program. Thank you to President Rames, Mike Powicki and the rest of the Wayne State administration for believing in me and our staff. Thank you to Coach McMenamin for bringing me back home when he was hired here at WSC in 2019. I am excited to continue to develop and work with our team we have here and for our recruiting class that just signed with us. It's a very special thing for me to be able to be the head coach of my alma mater and continue to give former players, alumni and community members something to be proud of."

Masters got his coaching start working six years on the Wayne State sidelines from 2010 to 2016. He started as tight ends coach in 2010, was a graduate assistant/wide receivers coach in 2011-12, served as wide receivers coach in 2013-14 and was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2015 when then-offensive coordinator John McMenamin departed WSC for Central Missouri; Masters served in that role for two more years before moving on to Chadron State College.

A native of Storm Lake, Iowa, Masters attended Wayne State College and had a standout playing career at wide receiver from 2006 to 2009, helping the Wildcats make two postseason appearances while setting nearly every receiving record at WSC. He finished his career as the all-time leader in receptions (258) and receiving yards (3,863) and caught at least two passes in every game (46) he played in a Wildcat uniform. As a senior, he was a First Team All-NSIC South Division selection and one of 24 candidates for the Harlon Hill Trophy, given to the top player in NCAA Division II. In his junior season (2008), Masters hauled in a career-best 80 catches for 1,179 yards and was a First Team All-NSIC South Division and Daktronics First Team All-Super Region #3 selection while helping WSC to a 9-3 record and the school's first ever trip to the NCAA Division II playoffs.

Masters, who was inducted into the Wayne State Athletic Hall of Fame last fall, and his wife Amber reside in Wayne with their three sons -- Lincoln, Langston and Leyton.

Comment

• He now needs an OC. I'm hearing whispers..that could be interesting. Let's wait and see. Just when we think the coaching moves (which have been plenty in the NSIC between head coaches and coordinators) is wrapping up....maybe there's more.

Comment

• Great young man to direct the WSC football program. He has worked with successful coaches and learned a great deal from them. Wildcats are in good hands.

Comment

• Happy for Logan Masters. When you've worked in relative obscurity (WSU and CSU) for years, a HCin' job is well-deserved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
                          Happy for Logan Masters. When you've worked in relative obscurity (WSU and CSU) for years, a HCin' job is well-deserved.
                          These are the kind of stories that make sports fun. Hopefully, he stays in that job and has great success except when he plays the other WSU in the conference. :)

Comment

• ........Bemidji DC heading elsewhere....outside the NSIC but in D2 for another D2 role..from what I'm hearing. I'll let that play out as I'm not trying to be Adam Schefter er something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

........Bemidji DC heading elsewhere....outside the NSIC but in D2 for another D2 role..from what I'm hearing. I'll let that play out as I'm not trying to be Adam Schefter er something.
                              Didn't see it on twitter yet but saw it on facebook. He's the D coordinator/associate head coach for Eastern New Mexico University.

https://goeasternathletics.com/news/...ordinator.aspx

Comment

• Saw this yesterday on the twitter machine, another offensive hire for the Mustangs

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X