• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

No...way...
    That was too good not to share.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      I understand what it is, and of course I'm being a tad sparky in my comment. It looks like something some Swedes built to keep the village warm.
      Not just Swedes, but Terrible Swedes at that!

Terrible Swedes – Andover Historical Society (wordpress.com)

The Terrible Swedes • Coach Ray Hahn • Dr. Ted Kessinger Historical Marker (hmdb.org)

Comment

• When I see the horny exterior of the dome it makes you think they are trying to protect is from attacks by other domes..er something. It's like a spaceship that is wood once you get inside. Unique, for certain.

Comment

• Unique dome, lots of wood kept lumberjacks busy. The dome is right on the south shoreline of Lake Superior. When the gales of November come early it would be very cold place without the structure. Yeah, I quoted a 70's song.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
            Unique dome, lots of wood kept lumberjacks busy. The dome is right on the south shoreline of Lake Superior. When the gales of November come early it would be very cold place without the structure. Yeah, I quoted a 70's song.
            And they use it for baseball in the spring, I believe.
            Millsy

Comment

Unique dome, lots of wood kept lumberjacks busy. The dome is right on the south shoreline of Lake Superior. When the gales of November come early it would be very cold place without the structure. Yeah, I quoted a 70's song.
              At one time Gordon Lightfoot was paying more alimony than anyone else in Canada.

Comment

• Laker be honest. Were you or your ancestors on that team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Millsy View Post

And they use it for baseball in the spring, I believe.
                  NMU does not have a baseball or softball team, perhaps HS baseball

Comment

Laker be honest. Were you or your ancestors on that team?
                    My ancestors. I wouldn't have been good enough to be called Terrible in this sense.

Comment

• With the approved changes at the D2 level allowing up to 3 scrimmages in spring ball against a 4 year college, maybe some scrimmages in conference or with D3, NAIA or FCS schools. Would not foresee an Augie, Cougar scrimmage as emotions would run high and lead to fights.

DII adopts football proposals providing more season-of-competition flexibility, spring scrimmage opportunities - NCAA.org

Comment

• SDSU will not be playing an NSIC opponent this season, opting for Western Oregon instead.

Comment

With the approved changes at the D2 level allowing up to 3 scrimmages in spring ball against a 4 year college, maybe some scrimmages in conference or with D3, NAIA or FCS schools. Would not foresee an Augie, Cougar scrimmage as emotions would run high and lead to fights.

DII adopts football proposals providing more season-of-competition flexibility, spring scrimmage opportunities - NCAA.org
                          The way I understood this change is you can have three scrimmages but only one can be against another four year college. I agree Augie and USF will not be getting together!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AU guy View Post

The way I understood this change is you can have three scrimmages but only one can be against another four year college. I agree Augie and USF will not be getting together!!
                            I believe you are correct, only one scrimmage allowed against another four year college.

Comment

I believe you are correct, only one scrimmage allowed against another four year college.
                              Keep in mind, this will not be for this Spring....but starting next season.

I do think the 3 games that true freshman can play in will help with player retention..as they can see the field a bit without burning a redshirt. As fans, that means we will see some true freshman on the field more than usual..which is kinda interesting.

Comment

• Wayne State officially announces its 2023 schedule which includes the first non-conference football game in 12 years.

https://wscwildcats.com/news/2023/2/...-schedule.aspx

With the announcement by Upper Iowa on November 29th that the school was leaving the Northern Sun Conference at the end of the 2022-23 school year, the NSIC has restructured its football schedule for the 2023 season that will now feature a 10-game, non-division league schedule. Each team will play five home games and five road games with an open date to schedule a non-conference opponent.

The Wildcats will be playing a non-conference contest for the first time in 12 years as Wayne State will visit Missouri S&T on Saturday, September 23rd at 6 p.m. Missouri S&T will then visit Wayne State in week four during the 2024 football season. It's the first non-conference game for Wayne State football since September 1, 2011 when UNK defeated the Wildcats in Wayne 41-20.

August 31: Minnesota State-Moorhead
                                Sept. 9: at Minnesota State-Mankato
                                Sept. 16: Southwest Minnesota State
                                Sept. 23: at Missouri S&T
                                Sept. 30: at Minot State
                                Oct. 7: Minnesota-Duluth
                                Oct. 14: Bemidji State
                                Oct. 21: at Northern State
                                Oct. 28: Augustana
                                Nov. 4: at Sioux Falls
                                Nov. 11: at Concordia-St. Paul

Comment