Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Yeah, totally. It was more of a hypothetical than anything. NSU would get crushed, but it would be interesting to see what the turnout is in the stands. Plus I don't think SDSU is typically too keen on scheduling former NCC foes, especially in basketball but it seems to extend to most sports.

I would totally buzz down to Vermillion to see a game against USD regardless of who the NSIC opponent is. I think if we see FCS opponents though, it's going to be Drake or some school or someone like them against a middle tier. As much as I want to see MSU play an FCS team, there would virtually be no benefit even if they did win - besides the paycheck.
    Really no need to single NSU out...SDSU would crush anyone in the NSIC. If NSU can beat Mankato and Winona think what the Jacks would do...

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
      Not sure why Kelly Loft hasn't gotten us a game scheduled yet for our open week. He must be on vacation
      I think he should give Coach E a call! DeKalb is only four miles further than traveling to Minot...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

As much as the dork in me would like to see some of those matchups, it would seem a top 30-50 type of D2 team against literally the fire breathing dragon champ of FCS wouldn't be a smart idea for the schools..meaning, other than a payday what good comes from it..and instead you take the air out of your own balloon and risk further injury against a higher level opponent (bigger, faster).

Finding a mid-level or so FCS would seemingly be more of a sweet spot. Maybe a USD, Lindenwood, or other such schools that would test you..get $$..and give you a goal that's not completely unattainable. As noted, the biggest challenge at least for 2023 is the actual open dates themselves. At the same time I'd guess the teams from the middle of the pack to the end would seek out a game they'd feel confident in securing a win..especially if getting W's has been hard to come by....and without Crookston in the league and now UIU....the conference has become more difficult top to bottom.
        I would have loved to seen a USF/SDSU matchup in 2009.

Current iterations of the teams? Not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Really no need to single NSU out...SDSU would crush anyone in the NSIC. If NSU can beat Mankato and Winona think what the Jacks would do...
          Didn't mean too, it was just a thought experiment regarding attendance. Augustana maybe in that regard too. Would be an interesting atmosphere. Honestly, I think the Jacks would steamroll just about any D2 team not named Ferris or GVSU right now, and even then it might not a tough win.

Zero chance either games would be a reality anyway.

Comment

Matt-do NSIC teams know their bye weeks for 2024 now as well? I see some other conference schools posting ‘23 and ‘24 openings, trying to secure the home and home scheduling…that makes sense, but it may not work for the NSIC teams

Comment

As much as I want to see MSU play an FCS team, there would virtually be no benefit even if they did win - besides the paycheck.
              I wouldn't assume an FCS team would offer MSU money to fill a hole in the schedule.

I wouldn't discount the psychological benefits of beating an FCS team either.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

I wouldn't assume an FCS team would offer MSU money to fill a hole in the schedule.

I wouldn't discount the psychological benefits of beating an FCS team either.
                That definitely is an upside. Even if they don't win, it could be a good learning opportunity/experience.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post
                  Matt-do NSIC teams know their bye weeks for 2024 now as well? I see some other conference schools posting ‘23 and ‘24 openings, trying to secure the home and home scheduling…that makes sense, but it may not work for the NSIC teams
                  They don't know their bye weeks and instead have to use our forum for reference. (joking)

A month ago the league had a follow-up scheduling meeting for 2023..each team knows their bye weeks and we posted them on here at that time. Don't have it infront of me now. Unfortunately, I only saw 1 team yesterday in the NSIC with their 2023 schedule on their site at the moment = Winona. Although I didn't literally check all 13.

They are unsure on the format for 2024....if a 9 game schedule or 10 for conference..and since they aren't trying to have a match to 2023, that's why open dates could be different for 2024..unless something has changed there that I'm unaware of. Right now this is a 1 year at a time kinda deal..and we aren't even hearing much about games next year yet.

Comment

SMSU should get a game schedule asap even if NAIA. You don't want to only play 10 games

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                      SMSU should get a game schedule asap even if NAIA. You don't want to only play 10 games
                      I'd even take one on the road as opposed to just not playing, as non-ideal as that would be.

Comment

I'd even take one on the road as opposed to just not playing, as non-ideal as that would be.
                        correct, road or home who cares. just need to play

Comment

Looks like UMD has a week 1 out of conference game scheduled. Will be interesting to see them play someone other than NSIC teams.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post
                            Looks like UMD has a week 1 out of conference game scheduled. Will be interesting to see them play someone other than NSIC teams.
                            Do tell

Comment

I am guessing NMU or MTU, where did you get the info?

Comment

Neat.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X