Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Predictions

Just because I am itching for some football talk. Here is my uneducated predictions for the NSIC this season:
    1- Kato
    2- Bemidji
    3- Winona
    4- NSU
    5- Duluth
    6- USF
    7- Wayne
    8- Augie
    9- SMSU
    10- Mary
    11- St Paul
    12- Moorhead
    13- Minot

You were looking through your purple tinted glasses when you ranked Augustana #8 HaHa. At least you realized the Coo is going through many changes.

1- Mankato. Safe pick every year
    2-Winona. Just a feeling
    3- Duluth. Always good
    4-Augustana. Lots of talent returning
    5-Wayne. Bohn best QB in league
    6-Bemidji. Probably undervalued them
    7-Sioux Falls. Big changes and lost much talent.
    8-SMSU. Excellent HC
    9-Northern. Who is the QB
    10-MSUM. Could do better
    11-Concordia. Lots of transfers every year
    12-Mary. New HC
    13-Minot. New HC
    Will be a very competitive season.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
      You were looking through your purple tinted glasses when you ranked Augustana #8 HaHa. At least you realized the Coo is going through many changes.

1- Mankato. Safe pick every year
      2-Winona. Just a feeling
      3- Duluth. Always good
      4-Augustana. Lots of talent returning
      5-Wayne. Bohn best QB in league
      6-Bemidji. Probably undervalued them
      7-Sioux Falls. Big changes and lost much talent.
      8-SMSU. Excellent HC
      9-Northern. Who is the QB
      10-MSUM. Could do better
      11-Concordia. Lots of transfers every year
      12-Mary. New HC
      13-Minot. New HC
      Will be a very competitive season.
      I never said I was unbiased haha

Comment

I have to give a shout out to Crookston. I did crops judging in HS.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Did they forget to research Plattevilles logo? Also shout out to my second favorite D1 school K State.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I was surprised to learn Crop Judging was a thing. Even more shocking, I haven’t seen a West Texas thread about this previously…

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

Did they forget to research Plattevilles logo? Also shout out to my second favorite D1 school K State.
              I've always liked K-State. But I like Iowa State too. That can be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I was surprised to learn Crop Judging was a thing. Even more shocking, I haven’t seen a West Texas thread about this previously…
                I was in West Texas in April. Saw more cattle than crops. Some huge lots there.

Comment

Wonder where W. Texas gets it's feed to finish cattle for slaughter? Maybe from Renville, Yellow Medicine and Lac Qui Parle counties.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                    Wonder where W. Texas gets it's feed to finish cattle for slaughter? Maybe from Renville, Yellow Medicine and Lac Qui Parle counties.
                    In 2011 the railroad added over a mile and a half of sidetrack on Highway 212 west of Buffalo Lake to south of my place. They have unit trains of 110 cars that they load with corn (and occasionally soybeans). It takes around 12 hours to fill it- sometimes they sit full depending on the railroad schedule (hurry up and wait!). They also do this for the Brownton Coop 16 miles east and the Danube Coop 30 miles west. So a lot of grain goes by train from Renville County. Also, there is an ethanol plant just across the border east of Granite Falls- they pile up the corn at Minnesota Falls ( a "suburb" of Sacred Heart) and ship it the mile or so. They will have unit trains of tank cars full of ethanol. The ethanol plant in Buffalo Lake is no more- to much bad management and dubious owners- the last from New Jersey who made "lots of things" but were never willing to be interviewed by the local paper. Of course when they declared bankruptcy the county gets stuck with the clean up. It still looks like the product of a bombing or a natural disaster. Clean up takes a long time.

Comment

SMSU holds meat inspection competitions. I remember being on campus and seeing signs directing people where to go to get their meat judged.

What a time.

Comment

It only took 10 posts to go from NSIC Predictions to cattle slaughter, getting a history lesson about rural railroad tracks and their usage, as well as a discussion about meat judgment on college campuses. GD the off-season is a strange place.

It’s still golf season :)

Comment

It only took 10 posts to go from NSIC Predictions to cattle slaughter, getting a history lesson about rural railroad tracks and their usage, as well as a discussion about meat judgment on college campuses. GD the off-season is a strange place.

It’s still golf season :)
                          The off-season posts in the college football subredit. Conference rankings based on best brewery closest to campus, closest distances to various restaurant chains... people really do have too much time on their hands sometimes. Maybe I will do closest kwik trips to each NSIC campus.

Comment

Not to get back on-topic here....daggum Laker..

The conference typically puts out their NSIC coaches poll at the beginning at August..first week.

Tom and I will be starting up our show shortly after that and will have our own thoughts on the order picked by the coaches and so forth. I typically do my quick coach-chats right after the teams report....and Tom and I will offer up our best guess on how the season goes = sure to be mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

The off-season posts in the college football subredit. Conference rankings based on best brewery closest to campus, closest distances to various restaurant chains... people really do have too much time on their hands sometimes. Maybe I will do closest kwik trips to each NSIC campus.
                              The closest to SMSU would likely be in Redwood. The closest to MSU - Ricky Lloyd could hit it standing on the 50 with a well placed throw.

I'd also like to recommend the mac and cheese at the Cenex in Cottonwood. It's a short drive, but well worth it.

Anyway, I'm just hoping we go 7-4 and beat Valpo. Unlikely, but not impossible.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X