Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USFIllini View Post

The Coo will have one guarantee this season. An experienced QB. Mullen has started 22 games in his career. He had some games last year that showed he has the potential to take over a game. And don't be surprised if you don't see the ground and pound USF is accustomed to. I think you will see more of a passing attack. But if Mullen were to go down I feel confident in Cameron Dean. From what I have heard he has impressed this Summer. He adds something Mullen cannot, running ability. I won't be surprised if he is used in every game in a few different packages.
    I look forward to the "more of a passing attack" you mentioned. A good running game is important, but I love a tight spiral.​​​​​​
    Last edited by crixus; 07-30-2023, 08:24 AM.
    Go Mustangs!

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
      No teams are as dependent on the health of their quarterbacks as Wayne and Bemidji. Losing Bohn or Alt would be devasting for their programs, perhaps they have adequate back-ups. If Augustana loses Bauman I believe there would not be a huge drop off to Scholten or Hensley. How do you feel about your team's situation if your #1 quarterback would go down with an injury?
      Just looked at MSU's 2023 roster and Ekern is the only one listed who is also on the 2022 roster. There's two freshmen and a junior transfer. The Mavs are likely to go as far as a healthy Ekern.

Comment

SMSU Prediction from MrMustang

Mary - win
        Bemidji - loss
        Wayne - Win
        UMD - loss
        Valpo - win
        Augie - loss
        Northern - win
        Moorhead - win
        Mankato - loss
        Mary - win
        USF - win

7-4 6-4 NSIC

I might flip Bemidji and Wayne around - but I think 2-2 at 4 games would be solid.

Could have beat UMD last year - but I don't think they will overlook us this year as I think they have good coaches - although at home who knows !

Valpo - no idea what to expect so I say WIN

most diappointing loss will be Augie

best win will be USF for first time ever in the NSIC

I see anywhere from 4-7 to 8-3 doable based on how much better we were last year on defense and how we played hard. all me a polyanna, but I like our squad.

Of course, I want to predict 11-0 and I will pick us in every pick em game like every year because I am an unabashed homer and true Mustang fan, the one and only MrMustang

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
          No teams are as dependent on the health of their quarterbacks as Wayne and Bemidji. Losing Bohn or Alt would be devasting for their programs, perhaps they have adequate back-ups. If Augustana loses Bauman I believe there would not be a huge drop off to Scholten or Hensley. How do you feel about your team's situation if your #1 quarterback would go down with an injury?

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Just looked at MSU's 2023 roster and Ekern is the only one listed who is also on the 2022 roster. There's two freshmen and a junior transfer. The Mavs are likely to go as far as a healthy Ekern.
          There is a reason I had these 3 at the top of my list of QBs. Even if they have viable replacements, losing one of the best QBs in the league would be a blow to all 3 of these teams.

Comment

Most predictions are sure to go wrong, but it seems like there is a healthy amount of skepticism around Wayne State. I think the Wildcats will be good as they have the best QB in the league. They are a team that most NSIC fans seem to like, but also most think their own teams should beat. I'm sure this has more to do with the historical mediocrity of the Wildcats than the better teams they have been fielding the past couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
              Most predictions are sure to go wrong, but it seems like there is a healthy amount of skepticism around Wayne State. I think the Wildcats will be good as they have the best QB in the league. They are a team that most NSIC fans seem to like, but also most think their own teams should beat. I'm sure this has more to do with the historical mediocrity of the Wildcats than the better teams they have been fielding the past couple of years.

Comment

There is a reason I had these 3 at the top of my list of QBs. Even if they have viable replacements, losing one of the best QBs in the league would be a blow to all 3 of these teams.
                I'd argue you can throw UMD in this same group as Walljasper is the only QB on the roster that has played a snap for Duluth and Eggert is the only other QB on roster that was with the team last year.

Comment

I'll make as a note to my prediction, that I chose MSU over Wayne simply due to it being in Mankato. It really is a toss up in my opinion, so i went with homefield advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

I'll make as a note to my prediction, that I chose MSU over Wayne simply due to it being in Mankato. It really is a toss up in my opinion, so i went with homefield advantage.
                    Certainly can't fault you for that. I would pick Mankato and expect they will be favored in that game. I've said several times, I think Bohn is really good, and I think Wayne will have a good season...BUT I also would be picking my team over the Wildcats when they come to Aberdeen this fall. I really do think the top 8 teams in the conference will all beat each other up pretty good this season.

Comment

Certainly can't fault you for that. I would pick Mankato and expect they will be favored in that game. I've said several times, I think Bohn is really good, and I think Wayne will have a good season...BUT I also would be picking my team over the Wildcats when they come to Aberdeen this fall. I really do think the top 8 teams in the conference will all beat each other up pretty good this season.
                      I too think we are looking at the champion(s) are looking at a couple losses in the standing sheets

Comment

Tough to predict because a season is a marathon, not a sprint. MSU looked entirely different once Ekern got healthy. Seasons can go the other way fast- Mavs had luck on their hands at Bemidji and at home vs Mary.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                          Tough to predict because a season is a marathon, not a sprint. MSU looked entirely different once Ekern got healthy. Seasons can go the other way fast- Mavs had luck on their hands at Bemidji and at home vs Mary.
                          Also had poor luck in a few games as well. Works both ways. The fun is in the guessing! Give it a shot!

Comment

Understandable, as Wayne's history in the league is indeed mediocre.

Bohn gets the press, and deservedly so. Perhaps more importantly for the Wildcats though, especially early in the season, is that most of the starters return on the offensive and defensive lines. The lines were very young last year, but performed adequately (or better). They shouldn't need much time to gel this year. They added the USF transfer to replace a graduating center, and everyone else should be ready to go. The Wildcats will need to identify a new primary running back and some secondary receivers, but overall they have a lot of returning talent. Injuries/depth will be an inevitable issue as the season plays out, as always. And yes, Bohn in particular needs to stay healthy.

Comment

I got Crookston taking the ship

Comment

Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post
                                I got Crookston taking the ship
                                I must've missed the news that they finally moved to the NAIA GPAC

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X