Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

The closest to SMSU would likely be in Redwood.
    Marshall's getting two Kwik Trips btw

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Marshall's getting two Kwik Trips btw
      Music to my ears. Where at?

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post
        Not sure what to expect from Mary this year. They brought in a new OC. Interesting hire, was the RB coach at Utah State. My hope is Shann gets a hold of Montana and gets the fringe Montana State and University of Montana recruits. If that happens, things will start looking up.

​​​​​​https://utahstateaggies.com/sports/f...ve-schramm/488
        Very interesting! I think the conference is in a flux and there's room for schools to rise up the conference standings.

Comment

Boy, there is a lot to unpack in this thread today...

The first thing I notice is that we all need some dadgum football.

The second thing is that even as a born and bred Texan, I did not know what meat judging was or that it was even a thing until I moved to Lubbock. Come to find out it is a very serious endeavor and K-State (3), Texas Tech (3), and Texas A&M (1) are the only schools that have won a National Championship in the last 7 years, I also learned that the University of South Dakota once was a blue blood of the sport.

The third thing is that I am upset with Laker that he was in West Texas and didn't even let me know. I could have shown him around all the cotton fields, feed yards, and slaughterhouses he would have liked.

Finally, just the fact that I spent so much time on this post tells me that it is a long off-season and we gotta get some football going.

Comment

As NSU4LIFE would say, these predictions are folly, but hey let's see what we can come up with

Favorites - I expect these 2 to be at the top of the conference and in the playoffs.

Mankato - They are still the conference's top dog, even if the last couple years have not been up to their own lofty standards. Ekern has to stay healthy for this team, but if he does they will be a contender come playoff time.

Bemidji - The Beavers have developed in to a solid program. I like Witt's Favre comparison for Brandon Alt. He loves to throw it around and will give the defense some chances. It also seems like he has been around for more than a decade. Bemidji is still trying to fully wrestle the "King In The North" crown from Duluth, but they are certainly challenging the Bulldogs.

Contenders - Any one of these teams could win the conference if things fall into place.

Wayne - Nick Bohn is the best QB in the conference. He has powered a typically mediocre (or below average) program to the top of the conference.

Duluth - The Bulldogs are still a very good team, but have not been as dominate in recent years. Like many NSIC teams, they have real questions as QB this season. Walljasper almost seems like a FB playing QB at times, but he's a REALLY good FB. Carmickle will be tough to replace as well.

Augie - If they can get above average QB play they might win the conference.

Winona - Isaac Fruechte is a rising star in the coaching ranks and I believe he will be able to lead whoever is playing QB in Winona to a successful season.

USF - A new era for the Coo. An 8-3 season would be considered a success by much of the NSIC, but it seems it was time for a change in Sioux Falls. How long will it take for the new staff to gel with the returning players?

Northern - The QB question has been the first on the mind of every Wolves fan since the end of last season. Provided all of the expected returnees actually return, the new QB should have some of the best weapons in the NSIC. There will be some holes to fill on the OL as well, but there have been some big boys recruited over the last few years. If the defense, led by All American Ian Marshall, can be as good as last year they will give the offense time to come together. Ryan Schlicte seemed to get more comfortable as OC as last season wore on, so hopefully his growth continues as well.

Spoilers - I don't expect these 2 to challenge in the conference, but they can beat any of the contenders and could possibly finish above one or two of those teams.

SMSU - Coach Underwood is very good. I think SMSU has a limited ceiling overall, but whatever that is Underwood will probably get there in his tenure.

Moorhead - The Dragons have struggled some against the better teams in the conference, but could surprise someone this year.

Bottom-Feeders - These teams will likely only beat each other (Or Northern in Mary's case)

Concordia
            Mary - Not this year Marauders!
            Minot

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post
              Boy, there is a lot to unpack in this thread today...

The first thing I notice is that we all need some dadgum football.

The second thing is that even as a born and bred Texan, I did not know what meat judging was or that it was even a thing until I moved to Lubbock. Come to find out it is a very serious endeavor and K-State (3), Texas Tech (3), and Texas A&M (1) are the only schools that have won a National Championship in the last 7 years, I also learned that the University of South Dakota once was a blue blood of the sport.

The third thing is that I am upset with Laker that he was in West Texas and didn't even let me know. I could have shown him around all the cotton fields, feed yards, and slaughterhouses he would have liked.

Finally, just the fact that I spent so much time on this post tells me that it is a long off-season and we gotta get some football going.
              College me had lots of fun with the sign I found that said "Meat ID" - I probably still have a picture of it. "Yup, that's meat alright." "I'm gonna need to see your meat ID" and other various phrases.

Also - meat judging was featured in the final episode of the original run of King of the Hill - Bobby was discovered to be a meat judging prodigy. Very touching episode.

SDSU has an entire team:

Meat Judging | South Dakota State University (sdstate.edu)

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                As NSU4LIFE would say, these predictions are folly, but hey let's see what we can come up with

Favorites - I expect these 2 to be at the top of the conference and in the playoffs.

Mankato - They are still the conference's top dog, even if the last couple years have not been up to their own lofty standards. Ekern has to stay healthy for this team, but if he does they will be a contender come playoff time.

Bemidji - The Beavers have developed in to a solid program. I like Witt's Favre comparison for Brandon Alt. He loves to throw it around and will give the defense some chances. It also seems like he has been around for more than a decade. Bemidji is still trying to fully wrestle the "King In The North" crown from Duluth, but they are certainly challenging the Bulldogs.

Contenders - Any one of these teams could win the conference if things fall into place.

Wayne - Nick Bohn is the best QB in the conference. He has powered a typically mediocre (or below average) program to the top of the conference.

Duluth - The Bulldogs are still a very good team, but have not been as dominate in recent years. Like many NSIC teams, they have real questions as QB this season. Walljasper almost seems like a FB playing QB at times, but he's a REALLY good FB. Carmickle will be tough to replace as well.

Augie - If they can get above average QB play they might win the conference.

Winona - Isaac Fruechte is a rising star in the coaching ranks and I believe he will be able to lead whoever is playing QB in Winona to a successful season.

USF - A new era for the Coo. An 8-3 season would be considered a success by much of the NSIC, but it seems it was time for a change in Sioux Falls. How long will it take for the new staff to gel with the returning players?

Northern - The QB question has been the first on the mind of every Wolves fan since the end of last season. Provided all of the expected returnees actually return, the new QB should have some of the best weapons in the NSIC. There will be some holes to fill on the OL as well, but there have been some big boys recruited over the last few years. If the defense, led by All American Ian Marshall, can be as good as last year they will give the offense time to come together. Ryan Schlicte seemed to get more comfortable as OC as last season wore on, so hopefully his growth continues as well.

Spoilers - I don't expect these 2 to challenge in the conference, but they can beat any of the contenders and could possibly finish above one or two of those teams.

SMSU - Coach Underwood is very good. I think SMSU has a limited ceiling overall, but whatever that is Underwood will probably get there in his tenure.

Moorhead - The Dragons have struggled some against the better teams in the conference, but could surprise someone this year.

Bottom-Feeders - These teams will likely only beat each other (Or Northern in Mary's case)

Concordia
                Mary - Not this year Marauders!
                Minot
                Great Analyze of upcoming season by Thunder. BSU graduated league's best receiver in Beaulieu. Beavers have 2 defensive linemen with great football names in Nate Schwinghammer and Jack Twelvetrees!

Mavericks came within a field goal of tying national runner up Colorado School of Mines in Golden CO.at 5675 feet above sea level. Hayden Ekern tossed 4tds no interceptions and 377yds. Mavs are primed for a big season and maybe that elusive national championship they have come so close to winning in the past. Is Todd Hoffner calling the plays? as I see no dedicated OC on the roster.

Will be a meat grinder of a season. Yes I'm a homer but, I believe this could be a big season for the Vikings with a great deal of talent returning. As Thunder stated will their former D1 QB Casey Bauman stay healthy and lead the team.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Great Analyze of upcoming season by Thunder. BSU graduated league's best receiver in Beaulieu. Beavers have 2 defensive linemen with great football names in Nate Schwinghammer and Jack Twelvetrees!

Mavericks came within a field goal of tying national runner up Colorado School of Mines in Golden CO.at 5675 feet above sea level. Hayden Ekern tossed 4tds no interceptions and 377yds. Mavs are primed for a big season and maybe that elusive national championship they have come so close to winning in the past. Is Todd Hoffner calling the plays? as I see no dedicated OC on the roster.

Will be a meat grinder of a season. Yes I'm a homer but, I believe this could be a big season for the Vikings with a great deal of talent returning. As Thunder stated will their former D1 QB Casey Bauman stay healthy and lead the team.
                  I appreciate you keeping this on topic

Comment

Anyone else see this? They were doing the Mavs. Call themselves Division 1 Rejects. https://youtu.be/ObASy_fRMXs

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                      Anyone else see this? They were doing the Mavs. Call themselves Division 1 Rejects. https://youtu.be/ObASy_fRMXs
                      These guys look pretty interesting. They must be current players at Northern Michigan? Or maybe recently graduated? They have a lot of videos and appear to be putting them out regularly. I found a recent interview with Ian Marshall as well. I also see they have discussed Wayne State's new unis and there may be a few other episodes that have some NSIC content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ1a6XLhG-o

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        I hadn't heard of these guys before. Seems like a small podcast - but their production values look really good. Pretty heavy on the GLIAC content vs other areas of small-school football from what I can tell, but I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on their content.

Thanks for the share

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

The off-season posts in the college football subredit. Conference rankings based on best brewery closest to campus, closest distances to various restaurant chains... people really do have too much time on their hands sometimes. Maybe I will do closest kwik trips to each NSIC campus.
                          i’m not for sure on everyone else’s thoughts on the best breweries, but I would think Concordia Saint Paul would probably have some of the best breweries by campus. Barrel Theory Brewery, and Surley Bewery. Then I would have to go with Mankato with LocAle Brewery. It is a very nice place.

Comment

Originally posted by Barndog View Post

i’m not for sure on everyone else’s thoughts on the best breweries, but I would think Concordia Saint Paul would probably have some of the best breweries by campus. Barrel Theory Brewery, and Surley Bewery. Then I would have to go with Mankato with LocAle Brewery. It is a very nice place.
                            CSP is pretty close to The Nook, home of the best Juicy Lucys around.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

CSP is pretty close to The Nook, home of the best Juicy Lucys around.
                              Seconded! Matt's can suck it lol

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Seconded! Matt's can suck it lol
                                correct. Plus The Nook has cheap Hamm's on tap !

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X