Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post
    Coming in from OR in the RV for the game. Unfortunately this is the first school we’ve been to that won’t allow us to park overnight on campus so we’ll park up the road at a cousin’s place.
    Team is beat up and down top DB, several linemen and possibly best receiver. It is accurate that they have 13 scholarships.
    How is the tailgating there? Worthwhile or better to go to a local bar for the game.
    We are originally from MN (Lakeville and Lewisville/Truman) and have a fair number of family coming to the game.
    Odd. I was there last year for a game and someone had an RV there. Maybe they didn't ask permission. Anyway, Mav Man was right about tailgating - but I can give you some feedback on local spots if you want to go that route:

-Weggy's is over in University Square. It's the closest place to the stadium. There are a few others in the square that serve food but IDK about drinks. It's a Mavs themed place. There's also Jake's Pizza on Stadium that's a popular pre-game spot..

-Downtown I go to Rounder's and Ummie's the most, though we've started going to the Flask some as they have some of the best food in town.

-There's a Mavs themed place downtown that I have not been too yet. I forget the name of it but it's like "Stomper's" or something like that.

Not a ton of insight but it's what I know.

I'm trying like heck to be there. If you see a guy wearing a St. Paul Saints hat, feel free to say hi.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

It's a noble gesture.....but man I loathe that logo
      Something about it makes me think of Northern Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Something about it makes me think of Northern Michigan.
        It just screams "generic"

Comment

Yup, I'd agree with that. Like something 5 high schools in each state would have.

Comment

Perhaps there is more to it...but I've never known why schools or state pay big company's money for awful slogans or branding.

To me it makes total sense to simply hold contests with citizens, students for new slogan or new logo, whatever it is. Come down to a top five and either release or don't release to the public, gauge the opinions online or do a survey. Reward winner with big scholarship or some sort of prize that is like going to be a fraction of what you'd pay some company.

Worst case, all the entries you get are crap and you then deal with a company, but inthink the general public, as a whole, is usually more hungry to earn something and is more creative than any business just focused in keeping some nice margins.

Comment

To be fair, they are working with the nickname Wildcats, which isn’t exactly unique :)

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Perhaps there is more to it...but I've never known why schools or state pay big company's money for awful slogans or branding.

To me it makes total sense to simply hold contests with citizens, students for new slogan or new logo, whatever it is. Come down to a top five and either release or don't release to the public, gauge the opinions online or do a survey. Reward winner with big scholarship or some sort of prize that is like going to be a fraction of what you'd pay some company.

Worst case, all the entries you get are crap and you then deal with a company, but inthink the general public, as a whole, is usually more hungry to earn something and is more creative than any business just focused in keeping some nice margins.
                That is how the current Dragon came to be. Believe it was a graphic design student in the 90's that submitted in in a contest for a new logo. I may be biased, but I would put the Dragon logo #1 in the NSIC in terms of uniqueness.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakotaDragon View Post

That is how the current Dragon came to be. Believe it was a graphic design student in the 90's that submitted in in a contest for a new logo. I may be biased, but I would put the Dragon logo #1 in the NSIC in terms of uniqueness.
                  Now that the NSIC is a Peacock free zone, I’d agree. I like the nickname Dragons, and the logo isn’t bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakotaDragon View Post

I always find the fire gimmicky but that's personal taste. Dragon is and I'd say MSU Moorhead has the best one in D2 at a minimum. I can't stand Tiffin's doofy looking dragon.

I think it's much easier to make an intimidating logo for a badass creature like a Dragon, but much much harder to make an aggressive/intimidating logo from a herbivore
                    Last edited by zimmy21; 10-13-2023, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Thought about heading down to Marshall tomorrow but not sure we'll be able to make it work.

Comment

Sioux Falls at Minnesota State-Moorhead

Sioux Falls/Moorhead should be entertaining. Moorhead is going to put up some big time passing numbers and this could be a shootout if USF can put together some offense.

This game is super interesting to me. Both teams have only lost (so far) to top tier conference foes. I would say that Moorhead has been more competitive in those games. The difference is in the other games, where Moorhead played much better (or score differential is much better) in the wins. With USF having been on the fringe of the playoff conversation the last several years, it seems like these two are switching places in the pecking order. Makes for an interesting matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

To be fair, they are working with the nickname Wildcats, which isn’t exactly unique :)
                          Touche

Comment

New poster. Long time lurker. And hand up big dragon guy. Heading the the game this weekend. Should be a great game, hidden story line is the Sioux Falls LB coach used to coach at MSUM, until last offseason he made a change. He’s also the special teams coordinator there, the chess match there will be something to watch out for…. but I think all the eyes will be on the dragon nuclear arms division also known as the MSUM offense, so many weapons! And strand could be mistaken for a drone with his accuracy. Additionally, the dragon D could quietly steal the show, with an impressive performance last week against mankato, which is an electric run attack that they held to well below their average, so will be interesting to see how they follow up that performance. Obviously a bit biased and have zero knowledge on the USF squad beside the forum chit chat and scores, but should be a good game!

Comment

Originally posted by YoungDragon View Post
                              New poster. Long time lurker. And hand up big dragon guy. Heading the the game this weekend. Should be a great game, hidden story line is the Sioux Falls LB coach used to coach at MSUM, until last offseason he made a change. He’s also the special teams coordinator there, the chess match there will be something to watch out for…. but I think all the eyes will be on the dragon nuclear arms division also known as the MSUM offense, so many weapons! And strand could be mistaken for a drone with his accuracy. Additionally, the dragon D could quietly steal the show, with an impressive performance last week against mankato, which is an electric run attack that they held to well below their average, so will be interesting to see how they follow up that performance. Obviously a bit biased and have zero knowledge on the USF squad beside the forum chit chat and scores, but should be a good game!
                              Excellent 1st post Young Dragon welcome to the forum.

Lots of NSIC to watch tomorrow with start times of 12, 1, 2 and 4pm.

Comment

Overcast drizzly day in Wayne, America.....perfect for football!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X