Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Bowling Green had major drama like a month ago, lost their best players. Don't take too much stock in it lol
    lol, Thought Augie would go winless in their inaugural season.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Were you the one enjoying the fact that Augustana hockey scored no goals against Wisconsin in their 2 games as a team. Well they swept Bowling Green at the premier center, with a bunch of freshmen and castoffs from other teams.
      Yup, that was me! Hope they enjoy it while it lasts- they're headed right into a meat grinder, looking at the schedule.

Comment

I don't take much stock in it. Thought AU might go winless in their inaugural season. lol.
        They'll go winless on January 5th and 6th, I know that for a fact. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Yup, that was me! Hope they enjoy it while it lasts- they're headed right into a meat grinder, looking at the schedule.
          Augie may only win those two games, but it's more than I expected. Judging by the shade being tossed at the Vikings, people are concerned they may get much better in the future.

Comment

Augie may only win those two games, but it's more than I expected. Judging by the shade being tossed at the Vikings, people are concerned they may get much better in the future.
            Welcome to the world of college hockey! Shade will be thrown, prepare yourself ;)

In all seriousness, Augie is in a much better position year one than UST was in year one (IMO). That might be an apples-to-oranges comparison, but UST is now starting to gain some attention nationally - and they don't even have their own arena. There will be some growing pains for AU, but I think in 2-3 years, they might be fairly competitive in-conference just like UST is now.

What I'll be curious about is how the hockey community outside of AU embraces the team - there's a lot of excitement about it from some SDSU people I know who like hockey and it's a rapidly growing sport in eastern SD. The state tournament was packed last year - several rows deep behind me. I'll also be curious to see if having both the Wings and Stampede in-state gives Augie a recruiting advantage. Probably negligible, but I'm still curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
              What I'll be curious about is how the hockey community outside of AU embraces the team - there's a lot of excitement about it from some SDSU people I know who like hockey and it's a rapidly growing sport in eastern SD. The state tournament was packed last year - several rows deep behind me. I'll also be curious to see if having both the Wings and Stampede in-state gives Augie a recruiting advantage. Probably negligible, but I'm still curious.
              Didn't the city of Sioux Falls recently host a decent NCAA hockey game or tournament in the last 5ish years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Didn't the city of Sioux Falls recently host a decent NCAA hockey game or tournament in the last 5ish years?
                Yup! They hosted the NCAA Western Regional Tournament in 2018 - the winner of which advances to the Frozen Four. They'll actually be hosting again this year, but I think that was finalized before Augie added hockey, so Lindenwood is the host school.

SF is also represented in the NHL by Walker Duehr, and in the NCAA by Easton Zueger (and probably several others, he's just the one I'm most familiar with).

EDIT: I just noticed that SF will also be hosting in 2026 as well, with UNO as the host school.

Comment

Inadvertently I posted this in the wrong thread. AU, OC said coaches were walking to stadium when a chick from a group of WSU students hurled a near full can of beer at them missing. Coach said, "If it would have been after the game, I might have caught it. I was thirsty"
                  Played them in their homecoming game in 2013 and walking to the stadium with all of the house parties on the left. We had beer cans thrown at us and about 5-10 girls flashed us!! It was quite the environment to say the least!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X