Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what happened with the Mustangs. I guess year 2 didn't quite go as I had hoped. Not sure where to go from here.

Didn't make it to the MSU game. My streak is broken! Dang.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

There was a time when it would've disappointed me to hear this. These days I'm just happy any fans traveled at all.
      Augie brought a ton of good fans though and were loud. I was just a bit surprised. I have been to a ton of games over the past three years and D2 fans have been a breath of fresh air and inviting/ friendly. D1 a few places are down right scary

Comment

• Originally posted by 34blast View Post

Augie brought a ton of good fans though and were loud. I was just a bit surprised. I have been to a ton of games over the past three years and D2 fans have been a breath of fresh air and inviting/ friendly. D1 a few places are down right scary
        Yeah, I was at the Goofers game last weekend proudly wearing my snazzy new Michigan sweater. Didn't get heckled but the thought definitely crossed my mind.

I've obviously seen some instances of away fans being a nuisance at the D2 level (and some instances of home fans too), but that's generally one thing I like about attending games regardless of where I'm at. They usually get along pretty well.

Comment

• Inadvertently I posted this in the wrong thread. AU, OC said coaches were walking to stadium when a chick from a group of WSU students hurled a near full can of beer at them missing. Coach said, "If it would have been after the game, I might have caught it. I was thirsty"

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
            Inadvertently I posted this in the wrong thread. AU, OC said coaches were walking to stadium when a chick from a group of WSU students hurled a near full can of beer at them missing. Coach said, "If it would have been after the game, I might have caught it. I was thirsty"
            That's always a bummer when that stuff happens. Kinda glad they don't sell booze at SMSU for that reason.

Comment

Inadvertently I posted this in the wrong thread. AU, OC said coaches were walking to stadium when a chick from a group of WSU students hurled a near full can of beer at them missing. Coach said, "If it would have been after the game, I might have caught it. I was thirsty"
              Homecoming is always good for extra rude behavior. Years ago i used to live near the WSU campus, got up at 6 homecomeing morning to go for a run and you could smell booze block away.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

Homecoming is always good for extra rude behavior. Years ago i used to live near the WSU campus, got up at 6 homecomeing morning to go for a run and you could smell booze block away.
                It's a beautiful time in life. I combined both those things though

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

It's a beautiful time in life. I combined both those things though
                  You are sooo...correct. So much energy and spirit

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

That's always a bummer when that stuff happens. Kinda glad they don't sell booze at SMSU for that reason.
                    What happened is terrible. Winona doesn't sell beer there either, but they have a large tailgate area, and it was hopping on homecoming. I don't know what kinda of young person disrespects a coach and throws beer at them. Terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by 34blast View Post

What happened is terrible. Winona doesn't sell beer there either, but they have a large tailgate area, and it was hopping on homecoming. I don't know what kinda of young person disrespects a coach and throws beer at them. Terrible.
                      That's a true point. Really inexcusable either way.

Comment

That’s a bit of a soft take. Obviously throwing objects at people is too far, but college football is fun when the student sections are chirping and having a good time. As a player I always loved it on both sides. Makes for a fun environment.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2FootballFan1992 View Post

That’s a bit of a soft take. Obviously throwing objects at people is too far, but college football is fun when the student sections are chirping and having a good time. As a player I always loved it on both sides. Makes for a fun environment.
                          I was specifically referencing the booze-throwing.

I'm a big college hockey fan who loves heated environments. Just keep it in the stands.

Comment

I was specifically referencing the booze-throwing.

I'm a big college hockey fan who loves heated environments. Just keep it in the stands.
                            Were you the one enjoying the fact that Augustana hockey scored no goals against Wisconsin in their 2 games as a team. Well they swept Bowling Green at the premier center, with a bunch of freshmen and castoffs from other teams.

Comment

Were you the one enjoying the fact that Augustana hockey scored no goals against Wisconsin in their 2 games as a team. Well they swept Bowling Green at the premier center, with a bunch of freshmen and castoffs from other teams.
                              Bowling Green had major drama like a month ago, lost their best players. Don't take too much stock in it lol

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Bowling Green had major drama like a month ago, lost their best players. Don't take too much stock in it lol
                                I don't take much stock in it. Thought AU might go winless in their inaugural season. lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X