Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Nice job on your post. I would be surprised if 3 Lonestar teams make it. I don't think they'll get love vs the NSIC in a 2 loss tie. We will see tho.

I'm staying with my thinking of....3 NSIC, 2 LSC, 2 RMAC. Mines is the top seed until someone proves otherwise. Not sure Western gets the 1 if they beat Mines..they don't have the same high end preseason that Mines does. If Kato wins out, they'll have a solid SOS and plenty of wins over the top 10 in the RR.

Waiting for Central Wash to fall. I'm just not buyin them as an unbeaten squad. Watched their 10-7 win at MW State....eh..
    Thank you.

There are four elimination games next week
    Cent Wash/WTXAM (Cent Wash can't lose to non-playoff team)
    Angelo/UTPB (Angelo loses, Angelo is out)
    Wayne St/Northern St (Wayne St can't lose)
    Kingsville vs ENM (Kings lose, they're out)
    I would include Duluth but no way they lose.

I think my predictions of Cent Wash (7-1), Angelo (8-2), and UTPB (8-2) are better resume than 8-3 Duluth, Augustana, or Wayne. The LSC beat three bubble teams, while the three best wins for the NSIC would be Wayne (Duluth or Augie), Augustana (Moorhead or Northern), and Duluth (Sioux Falls). I could argue that the Wayne/Augie winner would be the last team over one of the LSC teams. Duluth's schedule is too weak, and I think they need to go 3-1, not 2-2.

The LSC beat three bubble teams, while the NSIC's three best wins would be against weaker teams.
    The Wayne/Augie winner would be the last team over one of the LSC teams.
    Duluth's schedule is too weak, and they need to go 3-1, not 2-2.
    Last edited by debergfan; 10-18-2023, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

It might depend on what UTPB does.
      Thank you for "letting" me use your info. Do you have any thoughts on shakeout of the final 7? If no major upsets occur.

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post
        We know that at least two of the actually undefeated teams will not be undefeated at the end of the year, so at most two undefeated teams. One possible from NSIC and one possible from RMAC.

This week one unbeaten falls from the ranks with Kato v. Augie. Next week CSM and Western play. So then the losers of those two games will fall into the one-loss category. Of the one-loss teams, Bemidji and UMD play next week. So at least one of the one-loss categories will move down to the getting iffy (2-loss) realm. Finally, UMD and Kato play the last week and that could make or break UMD's chances.

UP til now I have completely discounted Cent Wash (at my own peril). They do still have games left at TAMU-Kingsville and UTPB, with a Naia loss, but technically still viable. And SOS should rise some.

I assume my Augie Vikings will end up with 1 or 2 losses (hopefully no more or this is purely an academic pursuit) on the year and so my thought is will there be enough of a disruption in the one-loss and two-loss category to allow them to sneak into playoffs with two losses? I really think it ultimately depends on the Bemidji game and whether Cent Washington wins out or not.
        Well written Mr. B. Our Viks can only afford 2 losses in the homestretch, one would be more optimal. Vikings may surprise the monsters of the North Saturday, they cannot flop, that's for certain/

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Well written Mr. B. Our Viks can only afford 2 losses in the homestretch, one would be more optimal. Vikings may surprise the monsters of the North Saturday, they cannot flop, that's for certain/
          Viking faithful you’re more than welcome to come over to my tailgate on the north east corner of the stadium on Saturday. We’re gonna have some wings and corn hole and just an overall good time.

If we’re talking about the game, it’s going to be very interesting. Mankato‘s run game has not been quite the same as it has been earlier this year. I expect that to change this weekend and yes, most people are susceptible to short intermediate passing but with pressure it’s sometimes harder to complete those passes. Another thing to think about is Mankato‘s wide receivers have really stepped up this year. I do not think they have one drop this year. With three or four transfers, they really are stepping up and playing really well as well as a few returners.

Late in the game, if the game is close, people talk about the best quarterback in the conference and I do believe it is Hayden Ekern because once the game is on the line you will see a lot more quarterback run game.

Good luck to everyone and praying for everyone’s good health in the games. GO MAV’S. 1-0!!

Comment

Originally posted by Barndog View Post

Viking faithful you’re more than welcome to come over to my tailgate on the north east corner of the stadium on Saturday. We’re gonna have some wings and corn hole and just an overall good time.
            We should be there around noon. Looks like sunny but windy. Two titans grappling for first place. I hope I get to a Mav win unlike the hockey game I was at last night.

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan View Post
              rationale: I think Augie goes 1-3, finishes 8-3 with no good wins
              And then what happend.

Comment

Today really threw an interesting wrench into things. I don't see the NSIC getting more than three into the playoffs.

Comment

Maybe people start believing Auggie is legit now?

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                    Today really threw an interesting wrench into things. I don't see the NSIC getting more than three into the playoffs.
                    Wayne is out of the running now

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	3 - Copy.gif Views:	0 Size:	31.0 KB ID:	786166

I can't see any scenario where a 2 loss team gets in with the exception of Kingsville or potentially Duluth/Bemidji. Duluth's schedule is 4th weakest in the country but if they go 2-1 or 3-0, they're in. If Duluth beats Bemidji, Bemidji is out.

Mines #1
                      UTPB #2 host Mankato, Bemidji?
                      Augustana hosts Mankato, Bemidji?
                      Western Colorado hosts Central Washington?
                      Last edited by debergfan; 10-22-2023, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan View Post
                        Click image for larger version Name:	3 - Copy.gif Views:	0 Size:	31.0 KB ID:	786166

I can't see any scenario where a 2 loss team gets in with the exception of Kingsville or potentially Duluth/Bemidji. Duluth's schedule is 4th weakest in the country but if they go 2-1 or 3-0, they're in. If Duluth beats Bemidji, Bemidji is out.

Mines #1
                        UTPB #2 host Mankato, Bemidji?
                        Augustana hosts Mankato, Bemidji?
                        Western Colorado hosts Central Washington?
                        Nice job on the graphic for reference purposes.

A week ago I know you were bullish on the LSC getting 3 teams in..but I had a hard time getting onboard with that line of thinking, seeing the games remaining for them. Like mentioned on our show last night, I'm not fully closing the door on Angelo, given their very high SOS, but 3 NSIC teams just feels more likely..but that 7 spot could get very interesting. Conventional wisdom would suggest a 3-loss club doesn't make that 7 line..but I'm not totally sure on that yet, if that 3-loss club has a high SOS and some quality wins.

I think there's still a chance that a heightened SOS Bemidji squad could get in even with a loss to UMD this weekend, since they will still have Augie left to get a bump from.

Tremendous win by Augie, but in reality it's one pin they've knocked down during a 4 week window of challenging game. The biggest pin, yes. Their game at Northern all the sudden could be a little more sticky than we thought weeks ago..great win by the Wolves this last week. Wayne is dangerous..and could still build themselves back up as a 3-loss squad..but unsure if their SOS gets quite high enough.

There's still so much in-play with 3 weeks left that talking about who's gonna host who is completely throwing darts.

I wouldn't expect any surprises today with the first installment of the regional rankings. I assume Wayne State is the 11th in this mix and falls just short of the RR today..but they do have 2 quality wins and some of the teams at the end of the line have 1 or 0. Still..I think they are 11th. (keep in mind todays afternoon release will be alphabetical, not actual rank)
                        Colorado Mines
                        Western Colorado
                        Augustana (SD)
                        Central Washington
                        UTPB
                        Minnesota State
                        Bemidji State
                        Minnesota–Duluth
                        Texas A&M Kingsville
                        Angelo State

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I wouldn't expect any surprises today with the first installment of the regional rankings. I assume Wayne State is the 11th in this mix and falls just short of the RR today..but they do have 2 quality wins and some of the teams at the end of the line have 1 or 0. Still..I think they are 11th. (keep in mind todays afternoon release will be alphabetical, not actual rank)
                          I just don't get the point of this. If you (NCAA) are going to release a ranking, then rank them.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

I just don't get the point of this. If you (NCAA) are going to release a ranking, then rank them.
                            Yup..that's why we get a laugh out of this now.

Comment

First Half this week = total chaos so far

Go Wayne!

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

And then what happend.
                                and then what happened

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X