Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Tracker After Week 7

Home stretch now, 4 games remaining and some really important games still to come. Nothing even close to settled. The nearly Eliminated grouping is holding on by a thread and needs nearly everyone about them to lose out, even then it might be tough getting in. For technicality purposes though I'm keeping them alive, but a week from now I think we are probably looking at a minimum of 3 teams added to the Eliminated list.

Actually Undefeated (4)
    Augustana (7-0)
    Colorado Mines (7-0)
    Minnesota State (7-0)
    Western Colorado (7-0)

Undefeated against D2 (1)
    Central Washington (5-2) Losses to NAIA Montana Tech, and D1 Weber State

Alive and Well (3)
    Bemidji State (5-1)
    UMD (6-1)
    UT - Permian Basin (6-1)

Getting Iffy (3)
    Angelo State (4-2)
    Texas A&M - Kingsville (4-2)
    Wayne State (5-2)

​​​​​​Nearly Eliminated (3)
    Black Hills State (4-3)
    CSU Pueblo (4-3)
    Minnesota State - Moorhead (4-3)

​​​​​​Eliminated (18)
    Adams State (3-4)
    Chadron State (3-4)
    Colorado Mesa (3-4)
    Concordia St. Paul (2-5)
    Eastern New Mexico (3-4)
    Fort Lewis (0-7)
    Mary (0-7)
    Midwestern State (2-4)
    Minot State (1-6)
    New Mexico Highlands (2-5)
    Northern State (3-4)
    Sioux Falls (3-4)
    South Dakota Mines (3-4)
    Southwest MN State (1-6)
    West Texas A&M (3-4)
    Western New Mexico (1-6)
    Western Oregon (3-4)
    Winona State (3-4)

Thanks for the update. One thing that is important is remaining schedules (too early to list all of that, but for example- Augie doesn't play UMD).

Comment

Wayne in if the 'Cats win out?

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
        Wayne in if the 'Cats win out?
        I'd say you have a good shot, especially if MSU wins out

Comment

thanks to inkblot plus my own information.

my predictions
          1. Colorado Mines or Western Colorado (if western colorado wins out, hard to argue that they're not 1 and 2)
          2. Mankato
          3. Colorado Mines or Western Colorado
          4. Bemidji (9-1 with one loss to mankato)
          5. UTPB (8-2)
          6. Angelo St (7-2)
          7. Cent. Wash (7-1 loses to UTPB) or Wayne

rationale: I think Augie goes 1-3, finishes 8-3 with no good wins, Wayne St goes 4-0 but best win would be against two non-playoff teams. Duluth goes 2-2, finishes 8-3.

A lot of chaos if Duluth runs the table.

I think Mankato plays Angelo, Western Co plays Cent. Wash, UTPB plays Bemdiji Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	783831
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          Last edited by debergfan; 10-15-2023, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan View Post

my predictions
            1. Colorado Mines or Western Colorado (if western colorado wins out, hard to argue that they're not 1 and 2)
            2. Mankato
            5. UTPB (8-2)
            6. Angelo St (7-2)

rationale: I think Augie goes 1-3, finishes 8-3 with no good wins, Wayne St goes 4-0 but best win would be against two non-playoff teams. Duluth goes 2-2, finishes 8-3.

I think Mankato plays Angelo, Western Co plays Cent. Wash, UTPB plays Bemdiji Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	783831
            I like this post and hate it at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

I like this post and hate it at the same time
              I think you want Angelo to lose again, that would knock out a 3rd LSC team. Wayne can't lose, I don't see any scenario unless total chaos happens with 3 loss team gets a bid.

Comment

Will be interesting if Duluth beats BSU next week. We could possibly see Duluth, BSU, Wayne all with 2 losses. Does it then hurt BSU for only having 10 games? I would assume a 9-2 UMD would get the nod ahead of an 8-2 BSU especially if they have the head to head win. BSU would then get the nod over Wayne since they have the head to head there.

If Duluth losses to BSU but wins the finale against Mankato do they get in or does the win come too late in the schedule to bump them up enough?

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                  Home stretch now, 4 games remaining and some really important games still to come. Nothing even close to settled. The nearly Eliminated grouping is holding on by a thread and needs nearly everyone about them to lose out, even then it might be tough getting in. For technicality purposes though I'm keeping them alive, but a week from now I think we are probably looking at a minimum of 3 teams added to the Eliminated list.

Actually Undefeated (4)
                  Augustana (7-0)
                  Colorado Mines (7-0)
                  Minnesota State (7-0)
                  Western Colorado (7-0)

Undefeated against D2 (1)
                  Central Washington (5-2) Losses to NAIA Montana Tech, and D1 Weber State

Alive and Well (3)
                  Bemidji State (5-1)
                  UMD (6-1)
                  UT - Permian Basin (6-1)

Getting Iffy (3)
                  Angelo State (4-2)
                  Texas A&M - Kingsville (4-2)
                  Wayne State (5-2)

​​​​​​Nearly Eliminated (3)
                  Black Hills State (4-3)
                  CSU Pueblo (4-3)
                  Minnesota State - Moorhead (4-3)

​​​​​​Eliminated (18)
                  Adams State (3-4)
                  Chadron State (3-4)
                  Colorado Mesa (3-4)
                  Concordia St. Paul (2-5)
                  Eastern New Mexico (3-4)
                  Fort Lewis (0-7)
                  Mary (0-7)
                  Midwestern State (2-4)
                  Minot State (1-6)
                  New Mexico Highlands (2-5)
                  Northern State (3-4)
                  Sioux Falls (3-4)
                  South Dakota Mines (3-4)
                  Southwest MN State (1-6)
                  West Texas A&M (3-4)
                  Western New Mexico (1-6)
                  Western Oregon (3-4)
                  Winona State (3-4)
                  Great post. I just did something similar in the LSC forum but not near as detailed.

I think if Central Washington loses a game it will be hard for them to get in due to only 8 D2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Great post. I just did something similar in the LSC forum but not near as detailed.

I think if Central Washington loses a game it will be hard for them to get in due to only 8 D2 games.
                    I would think so as well, but I suppose it depends on who they lose to!

Comment

Originally posted by debergfan View Post

my predictions
                      2. Mankato
                      5. UTPB (8-2)
                      6. Angelo St (7-2)

I think Mankato plays Angelo, Western Co plays Cent. Wash, UTPB plays Bemdiji Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	783831
                      Nice job on your post. I would be surprised if 3 Lonestar teams make it. I don't think they'll get love vs the NSIC in a 2 loss tie. We will see tho.

I'm staying with my thinking of....3 NSIC, 2 LSC, 2 RMAC. Mines is the top seed until someone proves otherwise. Not sure Western gets the 1 if they beat Mines..they don't have the same high end preseason that Mines does. If Kato wins out, they'll have a solid SOS and plenty of wins over the top 10 in the RR.

Waiting for Central Wash to fall. I'm just not buyin them as an unbeaten squad. Watched their 10-7 win at MW State....eh..

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                        Not sure Western gets the 1 if they beat Mines..they don't have the same high end preseason that Mines does.
                        It might depend on what UTPB does.

Comment

We know that at least two of the actually undefeated teams will not be undefeated at the end of the year, so at most two undefeated teams. One possible from NSIC and one possible from RMAC.

This week one unbeaten falls from the ranks with Kato v. Augie. Next week CSM and Western play. So then the losers of those two games will fall into the one-loss category. Of the one-loss teams, Bemidji and UMD play next week. So at least one of the one-loss categories will move down to the getting iffy (2-loss) realm. Finally, UMD and Kato play the last week and that could make or break UMD's chances.

UP til now I have completely discounted Cent Wash (at my own peril). They do still have games left at TAMU-Kingsville and UTPB, with a Naia loss, but technically still viable. And SOS should rise some.

I assume my Augie Vikings will end up with 1 or 2 losses (hopefully no more or this is purely an academic pursuit) on the year and so my thought is will there be enough of a disruption in the one-loss and two-loss category to allow them to sneak into playoffs with two losses? I really think it ultimately depends on the Bemidji game and whether Cent Washington wins out or not.

Comment

Big weekend for Kato traveling to Augustana. I think if Augustana wins, they will move up and get in. I have them also beating Northern and Wayne. Common opponents they look about the same. There is alot left to play for, it will be exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by 34blast View Post
                              Big weekend for Kato traveling to Augustana. I think if Augustana wins, they will move up and get in. I have them also beating Northern and Wayne. Common opponents they look about the same. There is alot left to play for, it will be exciting.
                              I'm really look forward to entertaining the mighty Mavericks at Kirkeby Over stadium in Sioux Falls. Weather looks to be fantastic. If Augustana is to lose, I hope they give Mankato all they can handle. Kato wants to go undefeated and host Colorado school of Mines in the playoff, the most likely opponent. Augie wants to validate their perfect record and silence the skeptics I will be there at the 50 yard line handicap cutout if anybody wants to chat.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X