Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Week 1 Chat / Questions

Okay all, looking at the Augie Website says that the game will be free through the livestream and free over the radio (streaming). However, after listening to the D2 selection show, reading the NCAA website, and hearing the Inside D2 Football podcast it appears that the NCAA will be charging for the stream. Any idea which of these two different things is accurate? I dont want to turn on the stream Saturday and run into a paywall and have to scramble to get it paid.

Oh and I forgot, Witt mentioned the famous Bruiser Brody on the Inside D2 Football stream.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruiser_Brody

Thanks Matt, I had forgotten about Brody/Red River Jack. Bruiser Brody was my granny's favorite "wrassler" and she would take me to see the matches when he was in West Texas. We drove four hours one time for her to see him wrassle.

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post
      Okay all, looking at the Augie Website says that the game will be free through the livestream and free over the radio (streaming). However, after listening to the D2 selection show, reading the NCAA website, and hearing the Inside D2 Football podcast it appears that the NCAA will be charging for the stream. Any idea which of these two different things is accurate? I dont want to turn on the stream Saturday and run into a paywall and have to scramble to get it paid.
      I you head to the schedule page for Augie, there is a $$ next to "Watch" for that game. I'm unsure if they mentioned the stream options and such as free..by habit..or what exactly. But..like you mentioned, the playoffs are on a pay platform this year..was announced like 2 weeks ago by the NCAA....in a very "here ya go" kinda way..haha. I think it's like $20 for the entire playoff..but I don't recall the release perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post
        Oh and I forgot, Witt mentioned the famous Bruiser Brody on the Inside D2 Football stream.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruiser_Brody

Thanks Matt, I had forgotten about Brody/Red River Jack. Bruiser Brody was my granny's favorite "wrassler" and she would take me to see the matches when he was in West Texas. We drove four hours one time for her to see him wrassle.
        Terry Funk played for West Texas State (now WTAM) in the 1960s, for another West Texas wrestling connection.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Terry Funk played for West Texas State (now WTAM) in the 1960s, for another West Texas wrestling connection.
          You didn't watch our show did you my friend..haha. (mentioned him Sunday night)

West Texas had a handful of guys who became famous in the business....Stan Hanson, Dusty Rhodes, Dick Murdoch and others. Kinda wild.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

You didn't watch our show did you my friend..haha. (mentioned him Sunday night)

West Texas had a handful of guys who became famous in the business....Stan Hanson, Dusty Rhodes, Dick Murdoch and others. Kinda wild.
            Ahh... you got me haha. I need to start tuning in more!

I reached out to Terry during the pandemic lockdowns, which is what made me think of it.

Makes me think of Robbinsdale HS... Curt Hennig, Nikita Koloff, couple other guys - all graduated within a few years of each other.
            Last edited by SW_Mustang; 11-15-2023, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Ahh... you got me haha. I need to start tuning in more!

I reached out to Terry during the pandemic lockdowns, which is what made me think of it.

Makes me think of Robbinsdale HS... Curt Hennig, Nikita Koloff, Mr. Perfect, couple other guys - all graduated within a few years of each other.
              Same person, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Same person, if I'm not mistaken.
                Yeah, that's my mistske. Very much the same guy. Never had the pleasure of seeing him perform before his passing.

There's a YouTube video of him wrestling a guy from South Dakota though, which is a fun watch.

Not sure if there is a way to bring the wrestling discussion back to NSIC football, but Baron Corbin played football for Northwest Missouri. That's as close as I can get.

Comment

Playing a conference opponent for the second time in a playoff setting is anti-climatic. The prize for the winner is going to a city around 6000ft above sea level to mash-up with the #1 team in the country. Wish AU could have played someone new. I'm guessing MSU faithful feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                    Playing a conference opponent for the second time in a playoff setting is anti-climatic. The prize for the winner is going to a city around 6000ft above sea level to mash-up with the #1 team in the country. Wish AU could have played someone new. I'm guessing MSU faithful feel the same way.
                    Maybe, but I was at MSU the week after that matchup and I really got the impression Mavs fans wanted another shot at AU. They were cheering whenever the other scores were announced and Augie was down - to Wayne I believe?

The playoffs are a different beast though.

Comment

Great question (and follow up answer) on streaming. Finding out, just prior to game time, would create a scramble for sure. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                        Coach Hoffner said the same thing on his show. If the two teams played each other in the second round, fine. Sounded like he wasn't opposed to go to UTPB, Western Colorado or even Grand Valley out of region for something new. The only advantage of playing at Augie is the relatively close trip for fans.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/live/wZNfsJ6...PB0pAr1kic&t=2

Here is the link to our SR4 Playoff show....with AC..my RMAC guy. We break down the teams and pick the games. Later guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                            https://www.youtube.com/live/wZNfsJ6...PB0pAr1kic&t=2

Here is the link to our SR4 Playoff show....with AC..my RMAC guy. We break down the teams and pick the games. Later guys.
                            SR4 playoff show was informative and entertaining, AC a good dude to listen too as a former player. Thanks Matt.

Comment

Kato wins the toss and takes the ball first. Game on.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X