Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSIC prospects of winning in 2nd round of playoffs?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Show just finished, it was excellent. Matt knows his stuff as well AC does too. If you are not watching weekly NSIC and playoff show you're missing out on great content. Let's go NSIC and show the D2 world how much better our league has gotten.
    Appreciate it buddy. Hope all is well.

If you haven't tried our podcast before..there is video as well..give it a try. If you don't like it, that's fine too..not sure I wanna see my big mug on the screen either....I get it! ha

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
      830CST tonight..twitter....we broadcast our SR4 show..

https://twitter.com/D2Football

or

https://www.youtube.com/@d2football1973/streams
      My bluetooth must've been playing tricks on me because I thought I heard you both pick Bemidji over CWU...........

.......................thanks for the coverage, but I hope you're wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

My bluetooth must've been playing tricks on me because I thought I heard you both pick Bemidji over CWU...........

.......................thanks for the coverage, but I hope you're wrong!
        Goods....I'm sure you'd rather hear us take CWU. No matter what happens this weekend, congrats on the win at Western.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
          We need some Oredigger faithful to comment, or are they so confident that they will win are shrugging Augustana off.
          No. Greatly respecting Augustana, especially after a dominating performance against Mankato. Speaking as someone associated with the CSM program for 35 years, first as a player, then as an alum, then briefly as the RMAC columnist, now just as an aging fan... certain that the post season is where all teams have the potential to exceed expectation. This upcoming game being no exception. Best to say the Oredigger faithful are cautiously optimistic, and fully aware of the challenge a quality program like Augustana presents.

Comment

Big Mines fan here as well. I’ve attended or watched all of their games so far this season. After the Mankato scare last year, I think Mines is giving the NSIC much more respect. Augie probably a better team than that Mankato team last year.

However, Mines is absolutely stacked all around this year. Matocha is unbelievable in tight situations and has the most heart of any player I’ve seen play. Their O Line has been solid this year. There’s a lot of depth in the skill positions highlighted by McLeod. On defense, their front 7 had to be one of the best in the nation. If there was a weakness, I think the secondary would be it.

Most of the Mines fans I’ve talked to are feeling pretty confident about this game, but understand that Augie has been underrated all season long. I see it ending up either as a big 55-13 Mines blowout or a tighter 30-27 kinda game. Hope some of you make the trip down to Golden! Marv Kay is a wonderful stadium and it’s a great city to spend a day in.

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post
              Big Mines fan here as well. I’ve attended or watched all of their games so far this season. After the Mankato scare last year, I think Mines is giving the NSIC much more respect. Augie probably a better team than that Mankato team last year.

However, Mines is absolutely stacked all around this year. Matocha is unbelievable in tight situations and has the most heart of any player I’ve seen play. Their O Line has been solid this year. There’s a lot of depth in the skill positions highlighted by McLeod. On defense, their front 7 had to be one of the best in the nation. If there was a weakness, I think the secondary would be it.

Most of the Mines fans I’ve talked to are feeling pretty confident about this game, but understand that Augie has been underrated all season long. I see it ending up either as a big 55-13 Mines blowout or a tighter 30-27 kinda game. Hope some of you make the trip down to Golden! Marv Kay is a wonderful stadium and it’s a great city to spend a day in.
              I looked over CSM roster and was impressed with their majors and the amount of upper classmen, Helluvaengineer indeed! Unlike Mines,Mankato and UMD,(maybe USF) Vikings have never won a 2nd round game, but have never been the best team in the NSIC before this year. It will be a daunting for Augustana and hope we shock the d2 world.

Comment

Beavers over Wildcats 27-24 and CSM 34-21 over Vikings

Comment

Since you asked…

I’ve been skeptical of Augustana all year because of the Chadron game. Chadron turned them over three times and kept the game closer than it should have been. Similar story with Wayne in the crummy weather.

That said, they’ve overpowered teams too so that makes them dangerous.

Mines has pretty much sleep walked through the season. They got punched in the mouth by Angelo and Black Hills but it felt like in years past they would have to white-knuckle those wins out. Saw that against Mankato last year. Not so much this year. They looked very composed and came out after half and dominated Angelo and Black Hills. They hammered Western from the opening kick.

I think Mines was tempered in games like Mankato and Ferris last year and developed the grit and confidence needed against top tier opponents. They showed that in the games I mentioned.

I have Mines, maybe even in a blowout, but Augustana goes down swinging.

I hope to see a great crowd of you folks there!
                  Last edited by GoneBlastin; 11-25-2023, 02:39 AM.

Comment

As a older fan I remember your HC Pete Sterbick when he was a bulldog of a WR at Augie. I've mentally prepared myself for the possibility of this being a hard loss at #1 CSM in the altitude around '4600ft higher than Sioux Falls a home field advantage well earned. All that's left to do is line-up and knock helmets.

Comment

NSIC lays the egg. Mines does what Mines does to people. Augie looked awe struck from the get go. BSU for the quick big league and thought they had it. Come out to a 17-0 lead then collapse. Loose with the ball and allowed CWU to take control. I guess Alt will have to come back for his 8th year 😂.

Comment

I didn't expect Augie to win, but I did think they would at least be competitive. That they got trucked that hard is a little surprising.

Comment

Augie lost to one helluva team, 23 grad seniors, John Matocha you can't overstate the man. I'd be surprised if they didn't win the NC.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post
                            NSIC lays the egg. Mines does what Mines does to people. Augie looked awe struck from the get go. BSU for the quick big league and thought they had it. Come out to a 17-0 lead then collapse. Loose with the ball and allowed CWU to take control. I guess Alt will have to come back for his 8th year 😂.
                            Up 17-0 and 2 turnovers, on 2 possessions, giving CWU short fields really hurt. Defense was pretty f good most of the game, but couldn’t get a stop in the 4th, when CWU picked up several key 1st downs on 3rd down (was was about 3rd and 15?). BSU had the ball somewhere near the 10, but couldn’t get in the end zone. Bemidji fans definitely showed up

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post
                              Beavers over Wildcats 27-24 and CSM 34-21 over Vikings
                              When does the NAIA playoff schedule come out for next Saturday, December 2nd? I see that Northwestern snuck by Dordt 7-0 today.

Comment

Like I said in the LSC chat. Cold weather temperatures expose pass happy offensive schemes. Alt numbers are brutal in cold weather games and he struggled today. Not a surprise that CWU won with there 3rd and 4th string running backs. Thank God! For depth at running back.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X