Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC in UFL?

Looks like Chris Garrett (CSP alum) is on the St. Louis Battlehawks, so I know who I am cheering for. Are there any other NSIC fellas on UFL rosters?

It should be a good opportunity for Garrett to play OLB and get more familiar with that position since he played DE in the NSIC.

Originally posted by Father_BearClaw View Post
    Looks like Chris Garrett (CSP alum) is on the St. Louis Battlehawks, so I know who I am cheering for. Are there any other NSIC fellas on UFL rosters?

It should be a good opportunity for Garrett to play OLB and get more familiar with that position since he played DE in the NSIC.
    I don't believe so, but I'ma Battlehawks guy myself. I am also a Michigan Panthers fan as those were the "Midwest" teams in the separate leagues. At least they are in separate conferences now

Comment

My wife and I kind of became Vegas Viper fans last year. Unfortunately for us, Vegas wasn't one of the teams that survived the transition from the XFL to the UFL.

Comment

Do not know the difference between UFL and XFL, Former Augustana All American Jake Lacina who for several years played for NJ is XFL Arlington now.

Comment

The UFL is the main league during the Spring now for pro football. It was a result of a merger between the two competing leagues. This video talks about it..worth a quick view.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-349SNaJzU

I think Jake Lacina is still playing in the Spring..I'm gonna say his 3rd year maybe.

The St Louis team is kinda the gold standard in terms of being a program..they'd been getting strong attendance in a market without a pro squad and they did well.

The teams appear to mostly be TX teams and then East..but my intel on the league is not strong..haha.

Comment

I ran through the rosters quickly - lot of D2 guys and lots of midwestern FCS/FBS guys, but only Lacina and Garrett stood out to me from the NSIC.

Comment

For those interested - here's a quick article on St. Louis Attendance. They are averaging 35,000 a game and had to open up the 400 level in anticipation of demand.

Battlehawks hopes to set attendance records in new season (fox2now.com)

They also landed the UFL championship game.

I remember watching them in the XFL pre-COVID and the atmosphere seemed crazy for a spring football team. Guess there is a lot of demand in the post-Rams era for football.

Comment

Unfortunately Garrett was cut today by St. Louis. Best of luck to him catching on to another team.
                Still very excited for the UFL to start up and watch some Football dreams continue
                ​​​​​

Comment

Not UFL related, but former Beaver Gunner Olszewski was re-signed by the NY Giants.
                  Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                    Unfortunately Garrett was cut today by St. Louis. Best of luck to him catching on to another team.
                    Still very excited for the UFL to start up and watch some Football dreams continue
                    ​​​​​
                    That's too bad. I remember him from a game I saw him play in for CSP - he was great.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

That's too bad. I remember him from a game I saw him play in for CSP - he was great.
                      Big difference maker. Just wish he was an MSU guy, maybe we'd have a title or two

Comment

Big difference maker. Just wish he was an MSU guy, maybe we'd have a title or two
                        Pretty dominant. Single-handedly beat the Mustangs one year (though that isn't always tough to do).

Comment

​​​​​
                          Oh Man! That's a bummer, yea, hopefully he catches on somewhere else.

Comment

Watching the Battlehawks vs. the Renegades on ABC and I'm almost certain Garrett #48 is still on the Battlehawks roster. Looks like he's on the kickoff team, but not in the starting D rotation yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Father_BearClaw View Post
                              Watching the Battlehawks vs. the Renegades on ABC and I'm almost certain Garrett #48 is still on the Battlehawks roster. Looks like he's on the kickoff team, but not in the starting D rotation yet.
                              Former Augustana Vikings #66 played center the Arlington, TX Renegades tonight.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X