Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Monday

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
    Beyond recruiting I don't understand what incentives a school like Black Hills or Western would really have to fire their coaches. They'd still be paying them until the end of the year most likely and it's not as if they have winter practices. I could be wrong, but I would guess around Christmas time things being more active.
    I've always thought it was mutually beneficial, if you're gonna make a change, no matter the sport, you do it ASAP after the season. Gives you the best shot at landing the guy you want. Puts you at the top of the queue for up and comers looking for their break, and gives you more time to make an informed decision. Also, as a professional courtesy, it gives the guy who got canned a better opportunity to land on his feet.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. No inside info, but just from the outside looking in, he seemed like a real players' coach. Like a fierce type of guy who would go to war with anyone for his guys that he brought in.

Comment

I am convinced that Dixie is out the door and off to the WAC in 2020. Which kinda sucks, because St George is nice and it was a biennial excuse to go to Las Vegas (the good one, not the one we will still have in the RMAC). So does Mesa go with them? (And Metro too maybe, but I don't really care about the non football schools near as much.)

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
          I am convinced that Dixie is out the door and off to the WAC in 2020. Which kinda sucks, because St George is nice and it was a biennial excuse to go to Las Vegas (the good one, not the one we will still have in the RMAC). So does Mesa go with them? (And Metro too maybe, but I don't really care about the non football schools near as much.)

Losing one or two RMAC football programs would not be a bad thing. Thin the herd. By doing so, RMAC schools can go back to playing a couple out of conference opponents instead of being locking into an RMAC schedule only.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
            Losing one or two RMAC football programs would not be a bad thing. Thin the herd. By doing so, RMAC schools can go back to playing a couple out of conference opponents instead of being locking into an RMAC schedule only.
            Losing 1 would be terrific. Even losing 3 football teams would be fine with me. More in region OOC games would be a huge help. But I think an even number of teams in the conference is ideal. Having a team without a conference opponent every week of conference play is a pain. Not so much if your conference bye week is early, but how in the hell are you supposed to find a OOC game in Week 11? Look at Black Hills this year. They had to go all the way to Illinois and play an NAIA team. So Mesa, if you go with Dixie, talk someone else into it also. Or talk UCCS into adding football.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
              I've always thought it was mutually beneficial, if you're gonna make a change, no matter the sport, you do it ASAP after the season. Gives you the best shot at landing the guy you want. Puts you at the top of the queue for up and comers looking for their break, and gives you more time to make an informed decision. Also, as a professional courtesy, it gives the guy who got canned a better opportunity to land on his feet.
              Two years ago an NSIC HC quit 3 days before Christmas. Poultry waste! Thankfully the assistants were a good group and made the best of recruitin'. A new HC, and a GREAT choice, btw, was in place by March. Still tough to rebound but they're on the right track. All the ex-HC's recruits either quit or graduated. :good:

Comment

WOW! The only way this makes any sense is they really are planning on bolting to FCS and Dixie doesn't feel as if this staff is adequate for that level. If I am Black Hills I clean house and hire every single one of these guys.
                I am almost certain that BHSU would not do this. I agree though I feel Dixie has improved each year. Solid run game and play good defense. BHSU's AD is a long time Spearfish resident and a good guy. Not one that would run guys off very quickly. I expect a few more years of 3-8 with blowout losses to SD Mines would maybe do it. Not yet though. As far as Dixie coaches somebody will get themselves a good coach looks like to me!

Comment

First transfer victim for dixie... top corner and a center point on defense jaylen Moore #21 announced on Twitter he is opening up his recruitment to transfer for his senior season. Huge loss for dixie.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerfan1026 View Post
                    First transfer victim for dixie... top corner and a center point on defense jaylen Moore #21 announced on Twitter he is opening up his recruitment to transfer for his senior season. Huge loss for dixie.
                    As a senior can he go anywhere and play?

Comment

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4457557...b23a0b008edd07 looks like a solid corner, physical for sure. Interested to see where he ends up and who else follows.

Comment

I believe he played as a true freshman and was defensive freshman of the year. So he might still have redshirt or be close to graduating.

Comment

Losing 1 would be terrific. Even losing 3 football teams would be fine with me. More in region OOC games would be a huge help. But I think an even number of teams in the conference is ideal. Having a team without a conference opponent every week of conference play is a pain. Not so much if your conference bye week is early, but how in the hell are you supposed to find a OOC game in Week 11? Look at Black Hills this year. They had to go all the way to Illinois and play an NAIA team. So Mesa, if you go with Dixie, talk someone else into it also. Or talk UCCS into adding football.
                          The GLIAC and LSC each have 9 teams, so there are options. The GLVC only has eight, so they usually have late season OOC opportunities, too.

Comment

Originally posted by CSCPRIDE View Post
                            As a senior can he go anywhere and play?
                            I have the same question. I imagine anyone who has been following the Ferris State transfer drama has reservations.

Comment

I have the same question. I imagine anyone who has been following the Ferris State transfer drama has reservations.
                              That's a 4-4-4 transfer, meaning Ferris was his 3rd 4 year institution. This kid looks like he's only been at Dixie, he can transfer and play immediately I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
                                The GLIAC and LSC each have 9 teams, so there are options. The GLVC only has eight, so they usually have late season OOC opportunities, too.
                                As long as we don't go to 12 teams so we get no OOC chances and everyone's Strength of Schedule is .500 come playoff time I guess I can live with any number that qualifies for Earned Access.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X