Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Monday

Originally posted by Blazerfan1026 View Post
    You are obviously very misinformed which is okay but they would not play at the fbs level they would be an independent at the fcs level and play mostly big sky schools.
    First off, how many independent FCS schools are there? Second, please show us the last time anybody in the Big Sky Conference played an independent FCS school. Look in the Bermuda Triangle, you might find something there.:bulgy-eyes:

What's more, there's not a single good reason why Big Sky schools would play Dixie as an independent FCS school. Dixie would come in as a former, historic DII loser. It looked for a split second like Dixie was gong to turn that around. But no. It summarily fired its first winning coach. Go figure.

Oh, and another thing, Big Sky schools generally play up, against FBS school, for a payday. Dixie has absolutely nothing to offer. Nothing. nada ... Dixie wouldn't even be a good tuneup for anybody at the beginning of the seasons. Sadly, Dixie as an "independent" would flounder in the wilderness ... where it would belong.

Wanna talk about misinformed? Talk on bro ... :smile-big:
    Last edited by Lobo; 11-20-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

BIg sky schools play 3 non conference games each year... a good amount of those teams play a division 2 school as a tune up game. So now you give those teams a tune up game against a d 2 school that just moved up but get the strength of schedule points of playing a "d1" program. I dont think they will have any trouble filling a schedule. Also they will play money games like any fcs school does. they probably will play more off the bat in order to help their departments budget. Also that is a factual statement that they are going to be an fcs program. So do your research before you make comments that are not true. Lastly, moving to division 1 doesnt only have to do with football, the other sports programs are typically some of the better programs in d2, like softball, basketball, and baseball. Granite firing the coaching staff was a huge mistake and a huge setback but that is not going to slow down the move to d1 bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerfan1026 View Post
        BIg sky schools play 3 non conference games each year... a good amount of those teams play a division 2 school as a tune up game. So now you give those teams a tune up game against a d 2 school that just moved up but get the strength of schedule points of playing a "d1" program. I dont think they will have any trouble filling a schedule. Also they will play money games like any fcs school does. they probably will play more off the bat in order to help their departments budget. Also that is a factual statement that they are going to be an fcs program. So do your research before you make comments that are not true. Lastly, moving to division 1 doesnt only have to do with football, the other sports programs are typically some of the better programs in d2, like softball, basketball, and baseball. Granite firing the coaching staff was a huge mistake and a huge setback but that is not going to slow down the move to d1 bro.

If moving to DI has nothing to do with football, cuz all that other stuff, why is Dixie spending all the money renovating and remodeling the stadium. Just for aesthetic purposes? Well ... maybe not ... soccer I suppose ... you know, the other futbol. :smile-big:

Big Sky Conference schools play 2, not 3, non conference games a year. One tuneup game, and one money game. Dixie won't be invited to the party. No room at the Inn. The idea that inviting Dixie to the party to get "the strength of schedule points of playing a 'd1' program" shows your ignorance, not mine.

And nice to see you have a lucid thought. Firing the first winning coach Dixie has had in years was indeed a huge mistake. Just like going to the DI level. Party on bro! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
          If moving to DI has nothing to do with football, cuz all that other stuff, why is Dixie spending all the money renovating and remodeling the stadium. Just for aesthetic purposes? Well ... maybe not ... soccer I suppose ... you know, the other futbol. :smile-big:

Big Sky Conference schools play 2, not 3, non conference games a year. One tuneup game, and one money game. Dixie won't be invited to the party. No room at the Inn. The idea that inviting Dixie to the party to get "the strength of schedule points of playing a 'd1' program" shows your ignorance, not mine.

And nice to see you have a lucid thought. Firing the first winning coach Dixie has had in years was indeed a huge mistake. Just like going to the DI level. Party on bro! :wink:
          Montana State played an all FCS schedule this year, with three non cons

https://msubobcats.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=229

Montana played an all FCS schedule this year, with three non cons

https://gogriz.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=110\

UNC played a full FCS schedule, with technically three non cons

https://uncbears.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

UC Davis played Stanford and SJ State as non con, had one other non con that was FCS

All Big Sky schools played three non cons. Some did play an FBS, or a DII game. There was even one game against an NAIA squad.

https://bigskyconf.com/calendar.aspx?id=21382

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
            Montana State played an all FCS schedule this year, with three non cons

https://msubobcats.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=229

Montana played an all FCS schedule this year, with three non cons

https://gogriz.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=110\

UNC played a full FCS schedule, with technically three non cons

https://uncbears.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

UC Davis played Stanford and SJ State as non con, had one other non con that was FCS

All Big Sky schools played three non cons. Some did play an FBS, or a DII game. There was even one game against an NAIA squad.

https://bigskyconf.com/calendar.aspx?id=21382

And Central Washington didn't make it to the DII Playoffs. So what! :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

And Central Washington didn't make it to the DII Playoffs. So what! :bulgy-eyes:
              Sorry, I thought factual information was something people wanted to see. I am not certain how CWU's not making the playoffs has any bearing on the discussion at hand.

Unless you are just being a douche canoe.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                Sorry, I thought factual information was something people wanted to see. I am not certain how CWU's not making the playoffs has any bearing on the discussion at hand.

Unless you are just being a douche canoe.

Sorry too. I don't see how anything that happens in the Big Sky Conference, "factual information" people in TV land might want to see, has any bearing on Dixie's questionable decision to move to DI.

As for my non sequitur post, it was apposite, just like your post. Unless, as is your wont, you were being the douche canoe. :smile-big:

Comment

Saw this in the Greeley Tribune. These are the coaching salaries at UNC. I believe the total is about Dixie's entire FB budget for this year. Meaning, scholarships, meals, etc. will be MUCH more. And UNC is probably a lot lower than successful Big Sky schools.

It's a huge step to take to move to FCS....

TOTAL $687,302

Earnest Collins Head Coach $151,875
                  Kyle Worden Video Coordinator $34,415
                  Brandon Charles Director of Operations $45,184
                  William Blevins Assistant Coach $43,179
                  Brandon Maguire Assistant Coach $32,721
                  Trevor Wilkre Assistant Coach $40,500
                  Garrien Johnson Assistant Coach $32,721
                  Jeremy Hayden Assistant Coach $33,130
                  Ronnie Palmer Assistant Coach $50,304
                  Michael Armour Assistant Coach $45,359
                  Marty English Assistant Coach $66,620
                  Keith Grable Assistant Coach $45,723
                  Jon Boyer Assistant Coach $65,031

Comment

Cedar City, yes, a number of times. But not Pocatello. I'm just givin' an opinion about a town that is growin' but mostly rife with senior retirees who would not give a s**t about DSUs fortunes - neither academically nor athletically. The athletic events I've attended were not very well supported. Some students, athlete parents, but am unsure of how many from the community. My guess would be very few considerin' how few were in either the bleachers or stands.

I assume, accordin' to you, that the Cedar City and Pocatello communities are supportive of their respective universities. I do not see that here.

If DSU goes FCS, I doubt I'd attend anymore games than if they stayed D-II. You have to look at the quality of competition. Except for CSU-P and Mines, the RMAC is a mediocre conference, imo. Would joinin' a group in the FCS provide GREATER and more interestin' competition? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
                      Saw this in the Greeley Tribune. These are the coaching salaries at UNC. I believe the total is about Dixie's entire FB budget for this year. Meaning, scholarships, meals, etc. will be MUCH more. And UNC is probably a lot lower than successful Big Sky schools.

TOTAL $687,302

Bro thats not alot of money.....there are some d2 schools i believe that would match those salaries.

2015 ENMU head coach made 93k coordinators made 65k and assistants made 35k. Eastern is the lowest paying school in the LSC. Granted Eastern only has about 6 or so full time assistants other LSC Schools have more. So your only looking at 250kish mark up to match that for most D2 programs.
                      Last edited by Boohaha; 11-20-2018, 02:53 PM.
                      I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                        Bro thats not alot of money.....there are some d2 schools i believe that would match those salaries.
                        It's a lot of money for Dixie, which is the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                          It's a lot of money for Dixie, which is the point.
                          Check the edit. Is Dixie st that under funded?
                          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post

TOTAL $687,302

Wow, that is what coordinators at DII make.

Comment

Sorry too. I don't see how anything that happens in the Big Sky Conference, "factual information" people in TV land might want to see, has any bearing on Dixie's questionable decision to move to DI.

As for my non sequitur post, it was apposite, just like your post. Unless, as is your wont, you were being the douche canoe. :smile-big:
                              You said they only played two non cons. They play three. You said they play one money game; that is not always the case. You were wrong. That is factual.

I admit to being a douche canoe. You don't. That is the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                                Check the edit. Is Dixie st that under funded?
                                I would guess the Dixie salaries are not far off from the majority of D2 schools.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X