Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DSU

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
    I'm guessin' the recruitin' at DSU is a real conundrum for the coaches. Opinions?
    Dixie recruiters are trying to sell prospects the move up to DI as reason to become a Blazer. Problem is, where's the DI scholarship money? Trying to fake the DI moniker with DII swag ain't easy. Kinda like a $10 hoe trying to sell herself to a Joe for $100 and getting no takers. And another thing. Dixie ain't never been very good at football ... never sniffed a conference title or stuff. ["stuff" is ... well ... look in the trophy case ... don't have one ... see am sayin'? :wink:] Bottom line, Dixie is a program that sucks and will be suckier at the other level. But ... but ... Dixie is located near Vegas. So what! Conundrum indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
      Close proximity to Vegas and Orange County wouldn't make it too stressful.
      :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

McClure (former Dixie HC) announced as new DC at SMSU in the NSIC.

Comment

I guess they enjoyed being in the cellar of any league they were in. Showing improvement in the RMAC was just the reason for the DSU administration for the move up. To be in cellar again must the highlight of a season at DSU! A positive attitude of being at the bottom of the standings is a must!

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
            I guess they enjoyed being in the cellar of any league they were in. Showing improvement in the RMAC was just the reason for the DSU administration for the move up. To be in cellar again must the highlight of a season at DSU! A positive attitude of being at the bottom of the standings is a must!
            They are looking at the move from more than a football standpoint.

Schools that move to Division I routinely see increases in scholarships, enrollment and degree completion percentage in their first few years with the distinction.

I am not sure whether it is the right move for them, but they have some reasons that might make it work for them. I am guessing football was down the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
              Did they mention improvements in football as a main reason for their reclassification?
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                Did they mention improvements in football as a main reason for their reclassification?
                I think people in this football forum are just talking about football. Dixie made some pretty strange moves as far as football staff goes prior to this move so that seemed a bit odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                  I think people in this football forum are just talking about football. Dixie made some pretty strange moves as far as football staff goes prior to this move so that seemed a bit odd.
                  Yeah, football isn't usually the main factor in these moves.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Yeah, football isn't usually the main factor in these moves.
                    I don't think it is. This, however, is a football forum and as such I'm sure many are commenting from a football perspective. You can take them in and be D1 buddies and get your 3 seconds of fame on the losing side of lopsided scores along the ESPN ticker. Good luck to them, seems a foolish move and I'm hopeful others in the RMAC don't make the same mistake.

Comment

What did Dixie even have to gain being in the RMAC? They're not going to win any recruiting battles for Colorado kids being 10 +hours from the front range. They beat every school except for Pueblo in three years. Their town is one of the fastest growing in the US. No other rmac school has the amount of talent as close by as them. LA, SD, LV>Denver. Really it's easy to see why they believe they can make the jump.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
                        What did Dixie even have to gain being in the RMAC? They're not going to win any recruiting battles for Colorado kids being 10 +hours from the front range. They beat every school except for Pueblo in three years. Their town is one of the fastest growing in the US. No other rmac school has the amount of talent as close by as them. LA, SD, LV>Denver. Really it's easy to see why they believe they can make the jump.

By playing in the RMAC, Dixie had a chance to win a conference championship, to compete in the playoffs and become a somebody on the football field -- and maybe even a chance to compete at a high level in other sports. What does Dixie have to gain by going to the WAC, a dying pseudo-DI-conference on life support that doesn't play football?

Comment

I don't think it is. This, however, is a football forum and as such I'm sure many are commenting from a football perspective. You can take them in and be D1 buddies and get your 3 seconds of fame on the losing side of lopsided scores along the ESPN ticker. Good luck to them, seems a foolish move and I'm hopeful others in the RMAC don't make the same mistake.
                          Lol. Well, my alma mater may have moved to DI/FCS but I still cover the GSC on here and live in Pensacola where UWF is located. I love D2 and the GSC (which also includes my grad school alma mater - Montevallo).

I also pay pretty close attention to the RMAC since I plan to move to CO/NM/AZ in the future.

But the butthurt (jealously?) on here about Dixie State's reclassification makes me chuckle. They were terrible before, had a bit of success moving to the RMAC from the GNAC for whatever reason (lessor compeition?) and decided to do something different since they are basically in D2 no man's land. Y'all need to move on.
                          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Lol. Well, my alma mater may have moved to DI/FCS but I still cover the GSC on here and live in Pensacola where UWF is located. I love D2 and the GSC (which also includes my grad school alma mater - Montevallo).

I also pay pretty close attention to the RMAC since I plan to move to CO/NM/AZ in the future.

But the butthurt (jealously?) on here about Dixie State's reclassification makes me chuckle. They were terrible before, had a bit of success moving to the RMAC from the GNAC for whatever reason (lessor compeition?) and decided to do something different since they are basically in D2 no man's land. Y'all need to move on.
                            I really don't see any butthurt or jealousy in this thread at all, I very much hope Pueblo is smart enough to not even think about making that move. Disagreement with something does not equal jealousy, this fact seems to be lost in this thread (world).

Comment

I really don't see any butthurt or jealousy in this thread at all, I very much hope Pueblo is smart enough to not even think about making that move. Disagreement with something does not equal jealousy, this fact seems to be lost in this thread (world).
                              Pueblo is one of the town's I'm considering, actually. Spent a few days there last spring.

I don't think you'll have to worry about CSUP or other RMAC schools making the move in the foreseeable future.
                              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Do you know what a non sequitur is? Prolly not. Look it up. Your posts are replete with them.

Butthurt? Jealousy? CSUP football has seven consecutive conference titles and one natty, and more to come. What does Dixie have? Zip. See am sayin' ...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X