Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there will be no Grand Valley game for CSU Pueblo.
    https://www.gliac.org/general_news/2...nt_fall_sports

Comment

Well, hopefully see a few of your folks at Lubbers next season (barring some post season game. :-) )

Comment

The RMAC will go with a report date of August 24 for fall sports and play a conference schedule only, which most likely means games will be starting on September 19th or 26th if all goes well.
        Last edited by crown7; 07-27-2020, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
          Well, hopefully see a few of your folks at Lubbers next season (barring some post season game. :-) )
          Cisco and I are planning to be there. Hopefully you can point us to some good Allendale/Grand Rapids places to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by crown7 View Post
            Durango Herald editor is reporting via twitter that the RMAC will go with a report date of August 24 for fall sports and play a conference schedule only, which most likely means games will be starting on September 19th or 26th if all goes well.
            I am hearing the same thing from people in Pueblo.

Comment

LETS GO!!!!!

Comment

Well the RMAC Presidents have given themselves until Aug. 24 to make a final decision. With what's happened with the Miami Marlins, I don't see a season happening, even a shortened season. But I hope I am wrong for the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles Fly View Post
                  LETS GO!!!!!
                  Excited about potentially playing a few RMAC games with basically no shot at there being any sort of playoffs? I would hate to be a college kid using 25% of my eligibility for this joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Excited about potentially playing a few RMAC games with basically no shot at there being any sort of playoffs? I would hate to be a college kid using 25% of my eligibility for this joke.
                    I think they should move D2 to the spring this year for this very reason. Even if there are playoffs, the winner would have a giant asterisk by that title.

Comment

Comment

Congrats to your son, I hope the season can take place. Not sure there's a good solution at the moment, just hope the NCAA has eligibility solutions in case this season gets cut even shorter.
                        Last edited by Turbonium; 07-29-2020, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Comment

Honestly...I agree with how they are going about it. They pushed the start back to get the students back into school August 17th. That gives them some time to see if there will be any outbreaks before the 1st game is to be played. There is also a NCAA rule in place that says 50% of the season must be played in order to call it a complete season. If less than 50% is played, all players will get another year of eligibility. Once it gets into week 6 and that game is played, it counts as a season. So....give them credit they are trying for all the players sake, we'll just see what happens and hope for the best!!! It might just be a preseason season, but at least its a start.

Comment

Originally posted by crown7 View Post
                              Honestly...I agree with how they are going about it. They pushed the start back to get the students back into school August 17th. That gives them some time to see if there will be any outbreaks before the 1st game is to be played. There is also a NCAA rule in place that says 50% of the season must be played in order to call it a complete season. If less than 50% is played, all players will get another year of eligibility. Once it gets into week 6 and that game is played, it counts as a season. So....give them credit they are trying for all the players sake, we'll just see what happens and hope for the best!!! It might just be a preseason season, but at least its a start.
                              That 50% could be only 4 games this fall. 4 versus a full season of 11 games plus playoffs. I would take the year off and play next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

That 50% could be only 4 games this fall. 4 versus a full season of 11 games plus playoffs. I would take the year off and play next year.
                                Or even if they do manage to play, say, 6 conference games. Is that worth a year of eligibility? I guess it depends on the individual but you work your ass off for much of your life and have 4 seasons to play. As said, there isn't a good solution here but hopefully the NCAA steps in and figures out the eligibility issue if the season winds up being a handful of games and no chance of playoffs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X