Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    GV has got a real big problem. They secondary is horrendous and teams know it. They give you the first 8 yards for free on every pass play. And if you go over the top against anyone besides their top corner, then the DB isn't gonna turn their head and you're probably gonna catch it.
    I didn't catch the game except on the stat cast. Word is Cade Peterson went down. Any news?

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

I didn't catch the game except on the stat cast. Word is Cade Peterson went down. Any news?
      He got slammed to the ground, very excessively and possibly after the whistle (it got flagged for unnecessary roughness), and had an obvious concussion. He was back on the sidelines afterwards without his helmet. We'll see how much time he misses. I wouldn't be surprised if he misses next week's game since GV has an off week after that.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

He got slammed to the ground, very excessively and possibly after the whistle (it got flagged for unnecessary roughness), and had an obvious concussion. He was back on the sidelines afterwards without his helmet. We'll see how much time he misses. I wouldn't be surprised if he misses next week's game since GV has an off week after that.
        Well that sucks. I hope he gets well soon. Never want to see an injury, especially in those circumstances and I always want to see the best players on the field. Definitely hope he's 100% for the Ferris game.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
          Early afternoon games finished.

​​​​​​Black Hills 39 @ Southwest Baptist 33
          SD Mines 24 @ Truman State 28
          Chadron State 3 vs Augustana 27
          Colorado Mesa 28 @ San Diego 21
          Western Colorado 35 vs UT Permian Basin 27
          And now all the evening games are final.

Colorado Mines 31 Angelo State 21
          CSU Pueblo 57 @ Grand Valley 49
          Fort Lewis 25 @ Arizona Christian 49
          New Mexico Highlands 48 vs Western New Mexico 42
          Adams State 7 @ West Texas A&M 28

Comment

Pretty solid day for the RMAC. A lot of high level games that were competitive or in the RMAC's favor.

I'm not sure if I'm more up on CSUP or down on GVSU. I'd like to have two solid playoff contributors from the RMAC!

FLC is so bad.

Adams keeps taking steps. It's slow, but it's going in the right direction!

I'm shocked by Mesa. I'm going to miss their pick all season long.

Mines will pick up a couple more #1 votes in AFCA, but they will - and should - stay #2.

Chadron is officially a bottom tier team.

Western could definitely make the PO's hard, much like the NSIC, with an extra good team, with good in region wins, with a good record at the end of the season.

Comment

Due to your history of whining and dramatics I'll need to see a video of this as it being flagged means very little when it comes to QBs being hit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Due to your history of whining and dramatics I'll need to see a video of this as it being flagged means very little when it comes to QBs being hit now.
                If only there was a spot for you to watch it. I wonder if it was shown on like a professional video feed or anything.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

If only there was a spot for you to watch it. I wonder if it was shown on like a professional video feed or anything.
                  Think I'll pass on watching live at 3am and/or paying to see a guy get tackled.

Comment

Originally posted by d2 football fan View Post
                    Pretty solid day for the RMAC. A lot of high level games that were competitive or in the RMAC's favor.

I'm not sure if I'm more up on CSUP or down on GVSU. I'd like to have two solid playoff contributors from the RMAC!

FLC is so bad.

Adams keeps taking steps. It's slow, but it's going in the right direction!

I'm shocked by Mesa. I'm going to miss their pick all season long.

Mines will pick up a couple more #1 votes in AFCA, but they will - and should - stay #2.

Chadron is officially a bottom tier team.

Western could definitely make the PO's hard, much like the NSIC, with an extra good team, with good in region wins, with a good record at the end of the season.
                    Agreed. I think the RMAC acquitted itself nicely. Could be a shot to get 3 teams in this year. It would be nice to take that privilege away from the NSIC. The SD schools were very respectable too. I expect them to be upper middle of the pack but they gave some of the best the GLVC has to offer all they could handle.

Comment

• After Saturday’s double overtime loss to Grand Valley, CSUP HC Phil Vigil said, "I am proud of our guys. Proud of our fight. We came down here in a hostile environment; we knew it was going to be tough. We believed the whole way through, but came up one play short at the end . . . We are going to learn from this and get better."

Does experience make a difference? Ask Colorado Mines. Last year the Ore diggers lost a hard fought battle to Grand Valley. Couple weeks ago, Colorado Mines returned the favor. Just about every one of the 18 six-year seniors, and others, remembered the loss and used the experience to handle the Lakers in Golden.

HC Phil Vigil doesn’t have a boatload of experienced players like Mines; players old enough to be your grand pappy. But what he does have is a team of very talented young players. He played several red-shirt and true freshmen on Saturday night. If fact, he played eight true freshmen. Three of them made significant contributions. Senon Chapple started at OC and did an excellent job against the big talented GV D-Line. Gary Seidenberger played LB and in the second half intercepted a pass that he returned 40 yards for a TD. Josiah Sampleton played DL and penetrated the GV OL and blocked an attempted field goal that Eli Pittman scooped up and returned 72 yards for a TD. Evan Lyons handled all the kickoffs and did an excellent job.

Playing GV at home in front of a large hostile crowd is a learning experience that should help the inexperienced thunder pups get better down the road. Talent for the game is one thing. Experience is another.

Comment

• Hopefully Pueblo is putting in a lot of work on kickoff coverage. Unless the stats are wrong from the game it looks like they allowed about 50 yards per return, including a 90 yard TD. Ouch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X