Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Central Missouri vs Augustana

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post
    Are there any other Augie posters wanting to weigh in or is vikingfaithful the designated torch bearer?
    Sorry DonkeyD, so far I'm the only baseball poster, but we had good attendance for 3 games 648, 343 and 668. Maybe thats not up to snuff for a big state school like UCM, not bad for a small private University.

Any you baseball gurus have a % chance in mind of which team will win?

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
      Sorry DonkeyD, so far I'm the only baseball poster, but we had good attendance for 3 games 648, 343 and 668. Maybe thats not up to snuff for a big state school like UCM, not bad for a small private University.

Any you baseball gurus have a % chance in mind of which team will win?

Glad you're on here Vike, your analysis has been spot on. I was just trying to wake up Augieholic.....he was pretty active on the board during last year's title run. Your attendance was better than ours 316-245-422 (I'm guessing that you already knew that...lol). I'm pretty sure that UCM is out for the summer and the students have gone home, not that they turn out much for baseball anyway. The people who come to the games are the player's friends, family and the die hard baseball fans.

The Mules record this year is 21-4 at home, 12-7 on the road and 8-3 at neutral sites. Just based on UCM's road record I would give the home team Vikings a 60% of winning the series in three games. Given that, if I were an Augie fan whose team had given up 16 runs in two games to Oklahoma Baptist I would be a little nervous against the hot hitting Mules not to mention the Mules pitching staff only gave up 7 runs in 3 games. But hey, this is a new week and I'm biased and baseball can be a fickle sport....so what will actually happen is just anybody's guess.

Geez, it's only Wednesday and we have to wait two more days......I'm ready to play ball or as KMA likes to say "LET IT FLY MOMMA"

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post
        But hey, this is a new week and I'm biased and baseball can be a fickle sport....so what will actually happen is just anybody's guess.
        It's amazing how random baseball can be. Two teams can play a double header and one game is clean as can be with a 1-0 final and the other is 13-12 and everyone kicks the ball around and makes baserunning errors galore.

Comment

The bad Thursday attendance for UCM has a lot to do with start time. CentralMO chose to play the early game. The 3:30 start time kept my daughter and me from attending and I doubt we were the only ones. I could have take off (she couldn't) but didn't want to. Had the Mules played the late game we would have attended.

My guess is they didn't want to play the late game so that if either game went long they wouldn't be the team playing late on Thursday and then in the first game on Friday.

Does anyone know if the start times are set by the NCAA? Almost everyone with lights played at 3:30 & 7:00 on Thursday. I was expecting the Mules to play the late game with a 6 start time, that's the time they start most evening games.

Comment

I have made a call to Arms to several Augie posters, whom have far more wit and guile than myself. The listed start times are Fri at 6pm and Sat at noon CST.

Comment

These are good times for Augustana athletics, the softball teams in the world series starting Thursday. This is their 5th trip with a NC back in 1991.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                I have made a call to Arms to several Augie posters, whom have far more wit and guile than myself. The listed start times are Fri at 6pm and Sat at noon CST.
                I can assure you, when it comes to baseball, I'm not the guy you want on your team for this. All I can do is say that I hope Augie plays well. Other than that, I am pretty much of no use to anyone. Not that I ever am in any other situations either.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  I can assure you, when it comes to baseball, I'm not the guy you want on your team for this. All I can do is say that I hope Augie plays well. Other than that, I am pretty much of no use to anyone. Not that I ever am in any other situations either.
                  No manifesto? No Field of Dreams inspiration? I'm disappointed!

Comment

The weather forecast still looks good for Sioux Falls - a chance of rain Friday morning and then clear for Friday evening and Saturday. Had the games been played at UCM then Friday probably would have been okay, but the forecast for Saturday and Sunday in Warrensburg is 90% rain. So, it would have probably been a Friday / Monday thing in Warrensburg.

Comment

I just hope both teams have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Augie Skyhook View Post
                        I just hope both teams have fun.

In the end, the true regional championship is the friends we made along the way

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                          In the end, the true regional championship is the friends we made along the way
                          FRIENDS FOREVER!

https://youtu.be/fP0FeLyeFkU

Comment

Damn, I'm starting to tear up....cue the kumbaya song.

Comment

There are five in my group that are going to Sioux Falls. We're planning a little tailgate party before the games. What are the tailgate rules for alcohol at Augustana?

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
                                There are five in my group that are going to Sioux Falls. We're planning a little tailgate party before the games. What are the tailgate rules for alcohol at Augustana?
                                For football games if you use a red solo cup in place of cans/bottles and dont act like an idiot you can have all the fun you want. I would assume the same rules apply for baseball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X