Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    They scored 52 in the WHOLE game up here. Who did all the scoring for them?

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    WVWC shot 80% (!) in the second half and 90% from behind the arc. That's how that happens.

Some of that was good shooting (Daylin Lee had the night of his life). But a lot of that is porous defense. WVWC was getting a lot of point blank looks on layups. Lane seemed to be wide open all half long.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Still trying to process what I saw. WLU led by as many as 20+ in the first half. But as the first half closed, it was clear that Wesleyan wasn't going away (and wasn't going to let the trademark WLU "blackouts" force them out of their game). They continued to plug away with their methodical high pick and roll game (a la Stockton-Malone), and WLU flat out lost the ability to stop anybody in the second half. WVWC was getting everything they wanted in the second half. So not only did WVWC not lose their composure after the early "blackouts," but I would argue that WLU were the ones who lost their composure. They stopped moving the ball and started to play one-on-one ball that isn't their game. Just an ugly, ugly half. Credit to WVWC for having a plan and executing it to perfection (even in the face of early adversity that sometimes knocks teams off their game). I'll await Columbus's read on this, as he knows the x's and o's better than I do.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Still trying to process what I saw. WLU led by as many as 20+ in the first half. But as the first half closed, it was clear that Wesleyan wasn't going away (and wasn't going to let the trademark WLU "blackouts" force them out of their game). They continued to plug away with their methodical high pick and roll game (a la Stockton-Malone), and WLU flat out lost the ability to stop anybody in the second half. WVWC was getting everything they wanted in the second half. So not only did WVWC not lose their composure after the early "blackouts," but I would argue that WLU were the ones who lost their composure. They stopped moving the ball and started to play one-on-one ball that isn't their game. Just an ugly, ugly half. Credit to WVWC for having a plan and executing it to perfection (even in the face of early adversity that sometimes knocks teams off their game). I'll await Columbus's read on this, as he knows the x's and o's better than I do.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Will this be the loss that finally knocks them out of the Top 25? Is this the one that finally ends the historic streak? I would think it's a possibility.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Columbuseer, you have a better analytical eye for this stuff than I do. I'm gonna need you to tell me what I just saw. I have no idea what I just watched. Speechless.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    There was a blackout in first half where nova had something like a 23-1 run. Nova sending platoons at them every 3-4 minutes.
    Imho the coach should have gone deep into the shot clock on every possession and try to get ball inside. He had no depth so why run? Instead they did the perimeter shot, high ball screen stuff and jacked up shots early. nova would beat them down the court for open threes or layups.
    Once the legs got heavy, more and more shots were bricks.
    I can only assume that their coach thought nova was just hot and would cool off. Very bad assumption when a team averages 46% from three. Very puzzling strategy.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    That's just ridiculous!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    That Nova vs Clayton State game ...

Clayton State took 80 FG attempts. Nova took 95.

I don't think they even get numbers that high in the NBA All-Star game.

Crazy.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Giving up 96 in a game is horrendous -- let alone a half. That coach should have been fired at halftime. Seriously.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
    Fyi
    nova se hit 156 points against Clayton state. Sunahara from fairmont had a big game.
    Their 6-10 freshman averaging 19 mins a game. Hitting 42% from three and 58% overall.
    what ball movement! 96 points at the half. Generated 26 turnovers.
    If they dominate in conference then they could be dangerous.
    if wl gets more experience playing the style, the potential is there to rival nova se.
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Fyi
    nova se hit 156 points against Clayton state. Sunahara from fairmont had a big game.
    Their 6-10 freshman averaging 19 mins a game. Hitting 42% from three and 58% overall.
    what ball movement! 96 points at the half. Generated 26 turnovers.
    If they dominate in conference then they could be dangerous.
    if wl gets more experience playing the style, the potential is there to rival nova se.

Last edited by Columbuseer; 12-03-2019, 06:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    FYI Updated scoring stats
    nova se 122 ppg
    west liberty 109 ppg
    glenville state 104 ppg

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X