X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied
    Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

I'll guess Golden Boy Humphries ends up at Cal....

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    No. I'm hearing (not confirming) he's landing in the PSAC West. And, no, not at IUP.
    Oh bummer

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

No. I'm hearing (not confirming) he's landing in the PSAC West. And, no, not at IUP.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

There will be some news later today on Chuckie Humphries. He got his release from Polk State yesterday. We're going to see him soon enough.
    Are you saying we're getting our golden boy back

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

There will be some news later today on Chuckie Humphries. He got his release from Polk State yesterday. We're going to see him soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• Chevydude89
    replied

Good for Dennis. Crutch is a class act

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Dennis to Nova now official

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

What I like from the description:

"Ochoa is a 6-7 leaper who emerged as one of the top low-post prospects in the Toledo area"

When was the last time WLU brought in ANYONE that had a descriptor of "low-post" anywhere in their write-up? Yea, he may be a prospect and not ready for front line duty this season, but make no mistake, he does represent a big change in recruiting for the Toppers 2.0.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Very few high schools 'bigs' who land in D2 do much of anything the first year. They generally come in tall and paper thin. The jump to playing against developed players 2-4 years older is gigantic. They need to hit the weights hard and add 'good' weight or else they just get tossed around.
    If will can add about 15 lbs this summer it would help. When he is in the open court, the ball is like a part of his body. His head is up ready for a great pass. Very graceful. Real matchup issue for smaller guards. If he is guarding a big down low the shoe is on the other foot.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Very few high schools 'bigs' who land in D2 do much of anything the first year. They generally come in tall and paper thin. The jump to playing against developed players 2-4 years older is gigantic. They need to hit the weights hard and add 'good' weight or else they just get tossed around.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by timbertopper View Post
    Pretty long arms and good hops. Definitely plays taller than 6-3. From clips I've seen of Ochoa, he seems like more of a project (not surprising for a taller guy at this level). Body type and game reminds me of Keene Cockburn. Keene had a great senior year. Hope the light comes on quicker for Joe.

Big jump from high school to college, even at the D2 level. Reason I was so impressed with Guillozet last year was his ability to defend at this level. He did an amazing job against Bingaya in the last two Fairmont games. Good motor.
    Yoakum needs to hit weight room asap to keep from redshirting.
    Good observations about clay. guillozet was very complete player for freshman. Wonder if new assistant will speed up development of big men? Segar developed great post up moves. Others not so much in the past.

Leave a comment:

• timbertopper
    replied

Pretty long arms and good hops. Definitely plays taller than 6-3. From clips I've seen of Ochoa, he seems like more of a project (not surprising for a taller guy at this level). Body type and game reminds me of Keene Cockburn. Keene had a great senior year. Hope the light comes on quicker for Joe.

Big jump from high school to college, even at the D2 level. Reason I was so impressed with Guillozet last year was his ability to defend at this level. He did an amazing job against Bingaya in the last two Fairmont games. Good motor.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied

Right Eer, I've thought all along from reading these various posts that Yoakum was 6' 5".

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by FlyHawk98 View Post
    West Liberty just signed two more guys in this class. 6'3'' Wil Yoakum and 6'7'' Joe Ochoa.

http://hilltoppersports.com/news/201...standouts.aspx
    Surprised yoakum is not listed at 6ft 5. He seemed taller than 6ft 3 from watching him play. Got award for being one of 20 best foul shooters in Ohio.

Leave a comment:

• FlyHawk98
    replied

West Liberty just signed two more guys in this class. 6'3'' Wil Yoakum and 6'7'' Joe Ochoa.

http://hilltoppersports.com/news/201...standouts.aspx

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X