• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Originally posted by Layton View Post
    Wait if Clay and Dennis are staying D2 why don't they have to sit out a year, now that I think of it Columbo played too the next season didn't he, is it different for D2 then, also why don't Clay and Dennis go to Juco and redshirt or not play basketball then just go back to Crutch
    You get one transfer without sitting out within d2 as long as school does not restrict. Loccoco, Columbo, the Michigan kid who went to Ashland from wlu. Did crutch ever restrict anyone? Not aware of an instance. Current admin must be less secure/ enlightened. Imho when you recruit as many top scorers in history of school etc. I think it us a positive to give them a golden parachute if it doesn't work out. That's just me though as I tend to side with the players.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Wait if Clay and Dennis are staying D2 why don't they have to sit out a year, now that I think of it Columbo played too the next season didn't he, is it different for D2 then, also why don't Clay and Dennis go to Juco and redshirt or not play basketball then just go back to Crutch

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Any updates on the future landing spot of message board icon Chuckie Humphries?

There isn't much on him in the Pittsburgh sites.

Leave a comment:

• Bware2
    replied

Does this mean the Delaware State guy is out of the question, also he said someone else dad with him that was even taller but not sure if he was a recruit or something else

Edit: He recognized that it was probably Ervin
    Haven't heard anymore details on the Del Sate guy.. And yeah that was Ervin with them.. Apparently, the Aussie kid went to visit WJU yesterday, if I'm not mistaken

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Originally posted by Bware2 View Post
    Lachlan Anderson is his name , He played at Eastern Kentucky last year.. 6-8 190 Sydney, Australia

Also the guy from Ashland didn't end up taking the assistant job.. New guy is Brett Ervin from WV Wesleyan, played at Elon before that.. GA at LeMoyne last year with Beilein
    Does this mean the Delaware State guy is out of the question, also he said someone else dad with him that was even taller but not sure if he was a recruit or something else

Edit: He recognized that it was probably Ervin

Leave a comment:

• Bware2
    replied

Friend told me a tall white Australian guy is visiting right now with Ben lol, anyone know who
    Lachlan Anderson is his name , He played at Eastern Kentucky last year.. 6-8 190 Sydney, Australia

Also the guy from Ashland didn't end up taking the assistant job.. New guy is Brett Ervin from WV Wesleyan, played at Elon before that.. GA at LeMoyne last year with Beilein

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

There is a transcontinental pipeline from Australia to the Hilltop...Indiana Faithful a few year ago...and current Hilltopper, James Griffin....Interesting to hear who it is....

Latyon-you're getting all the underground scoop....Good job

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Friend told me a tall white Australian guy is visiting right now with Ben lol, anyone know who

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

watched sr highlights on hudl. see a lot of hustle and basketball IQ. when he blocked shots he kept the ball in play for his teammates unlike grossenbacher who liked to knock them into the 3rd row.
    can lead the break and dish. many blocks are hustle plays where he is trailing the play can block it from behind off the glass without fouling. Very unselfish. Similar to will yoakum.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied

We had 3 recruit commitments prior to Crutch leaving. No indication that they still will not come is there? Now with Dennis and Clay leaving (we believe) will we go after two more. Will it be Ochoa and one more, maybe the transfer from Delaware State if we can get him? Wonder if anybody else will transfer or not play next year? Nice work Layton for that information.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by Chevydude89 View Post
    Descent player by video. Glass half empty...they dont play anybody. Hes another 6 6 not a 6 8 or 6 9 doubt he can compete against the previous bingaya, moseh , or any of the bigs from the reigning D2 NC or the lincoln memorials etc... how many 6 3 to 6 6 can be used here dunk, block shots against small teams, that wont work at the next level a fit probably. Make them better. Dont see it
    Got to take this one on faith that Ben can spot talent that can compete at this level. Could be a hidden gem who started to bloom in senior year. His improvement in stats from junior to senior year was significant. Played at d4 school that can limit exposure. I suspect Ben watched him play against club teams with stronger opposition.
    Has will yoakum signed Loi yet?

Leave a comment:

• Chevydude89
    replied

Descent player by video. Glass half empty...they dont play anybody. Hes another 6 6 not a 6 8 or 6 9 doubt he can compete against the previous bingaya, moseh , or any of the bigs from the reigning D2 NC or the lincoln memorials etc... how many 6 3 to 6 6 can be used here dunk, block shots against small teams, that wont work at the next level a fit probably. Make them better. Dont see it

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

New commit he's 6'6
    http://www.hudl.com/profile/3662640/joe-ochoa/about

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by FlyHawk98 View Post
    They can both go kick rocks.
    Don't know about kicking rocks, but Clay can definitely shoot the rock. He won the 3 pt contest in a prestigious ohio all star game in Cleveland after his senior year.
    Just some humor to start the week.

I liked Clay's overall game, rebounding, shooting, defense, and IQ. He had long arms for his size, which helped him in these areas. I think he had a 4+ GPA in high school (due to college courses), but I could be wrong.
    Similar to you, my view is "Next Man Up".

Leave a comment:

• FlyHawk98
    replied

They can both go kick rocks.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X