X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layton
    replied
    Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Mallory is a must get but dang, Smith would more than likely start at PG day one. I don't know if I can trust Brady being the main guy and question marks behind him

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

There are some rumblings in Pittsburgh that the new Duquesne staff is showing some interest in Nick Smith this week -- no known offer yet, however.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

Originally posted by Layton View Post
    With 4 people leaving and 4 people coming in including mallory if he does I don't think we have room for anyone else but I really want Smith, unless someone else knows of anymore transfers
    I agree, I think Nick Smith would be a good get...Athletic, good shooter...played in highest classification, and arguably toughest section in West Pa, and averaged 26 / game, and honestly, didn't have much help on his team...good role players, but no one going anywhere....

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

With 4 people leaving and 4 people coming in including mallory if he does I don't think we have room for anyone else but I really want Smith, unless someone else knows of anymore transfers

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    We've taken a lot of Delaware State transfers in football over the years -- and just another one yesterday.

I posted on the football board I don't know exactly what it is about the place but they have to lead the country in football and basketball transfers on a yearly basis. The campus is a total dump and is treated as (beyond) the red-headed stepchild to UD. They do snag some good athletes. I assume they get a lot of decent last-minute signings on the 'D1' premise. Then they all bolt within 1-2 years.

Did Mallory commit or just visit? Looks like a nice player -- and the polar opposite of a typical WL 'big'. You guys needed to find somebody to deal with Highsmith, etc., next year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

We've taken a lot of Delaware State transfers in football over the years -- and just another one yesterday.

I posted on the football board I don't know exactly what it is about the place but they have to lead the country in football and basketball transfers on a yearly basis. The campus is a total dump and is treated as (beyond) the red-headed stepchild to UD. They do snag some good athletes. I assume they get a lot of decent last-minute signings on the 'D1' premise. Then they all bolt within 1-2 years.

Did Mallory commit or just visit? Looks like a nice player -- and the polar opposite of a typical WL 'big'. You guys needed to find somebody to deal with Highsmith, etc., next year.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by Bware2 View Post
    Haha, I think I can confirm these on my own this time, boat.. Met the assistant today, his name is Brook Turson..

And sorry, but it's DeVaughn Mallory.. he's actually on campus today.
    I'm a bit surprised it's Mallory. He was a starter and front line producer for Del St. Teams leading rebounder so he certainly would find a spot at WLU. Funnies stat I've ever seen from a potential WLU recruit...ZERO for ZERO from 3!!!! This cat didn't take even ONE 3 point bomb last year and he averaged 24 minutes per game!!! WOW!!

I think we would all sh!t ourselves of the first play of the first game Mallory ran to the low post, tuned his back to the basket and put his hand in the air for the ball ala Patrick Ewing...Then we'd go into cardiac arrest if they tossed it to him and he backed down and executed a thundering dunk!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!
    Last edited by boatcapt; 04-06-2017, 06:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FlyHawk98
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Buuuutttt...Within region, I'm guessing you're OK with that?? Hahahaha!!

Could be graduate transfers as Aug points out or it could just be that WJ doesn't restrict its transferring players. Don't officially know how many we are talking about yet, but if it's more than one, it is a bit slimmie on Fairmonts part...even though it's legal.
    Pretty sure they restricted Cedric Harris and made him sit out a year when he came to West Lib.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Here is a link to his stats, pretty decent numbers this season should do very well here

http://www.dsuhornets.com/mobile/Vie..._OEM_ID=12900&

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Friend on campus saw him with coach, great get if he comes

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied

Bware.....great news. Gatorade player of the year in Delaware his senior year in high school. 6' 7" 200. Finally some size.

Leave a comment:

• Bware2
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Have you cleared these rumors with Hill?????? I mean he IS a 12 alum and spent a lot of time at the ASRC!! Hahahahaha!!

I'd like the Del State transfer to be Demola Onfade!!
    Haha, I think I can confirm these on my own this time, boat.. Met the assistant today, his name is Brook Turson..

And sorry, but it's DeVaughn Mallory.. he's actually on campus today.
    Last edited by Bware2; 04-05-2017, 01:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by Bware2 View Post
    On the basketball front,
    Ben Howlett assistant reportedly from Ashland..
    Possible transfer from Delaware State coming to visit WL this week..

Not sure who the Wheeling players are that left for Fairmont withWukasch, someone said Hilson and Tham
    Have you cleared these rumors with Hill?????? I mean he IS a 12 alum and spent a lot of time at the ASRC!! Hahahahaha!!

I'd like the Del State transfer to be Demola Onfade!!
    Last edited by boatcapt; 04-05-2017, 10:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    What percentage of D2 and D1 basketball transfers do you think actually pertain to academics, though? I'd guess less than 10 percent.
    Probably...That's why I said "education" and not degree. Could be a basketball education that in their mind better prepares them to play professionally.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

What percentage of D2 and D1 basketball transfers do you think actually pertain to academics, though? I'd guess less than 10 percent.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X