Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I agree. Zero reason (interest) in leaving as things are right now. But if things change in a dramatic way, who knows.
    So you're basically creating some sort of conspiracy theory and rubbish rumors like the media does... got it!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

So you're basically creating some sort of conspiracy theory and rubbish rumors like the media does... got it!
      Isn't that what we do all the time in an on-line forum? If you want double verified facts, you are in the wrong place. People give their opinions of what's going on or what they think should or could happen in the future.

Comment

• I know the most recent regional rankings have WLU fans breathing a small sigh of relief, but I still think today's game is a must-win. This is the time of year when a bad loss must be avoided. I would argue that a loss in round 2 to Concord or a loss in the Finals to Charleston and WLU's resume still looks good enough to get in. But a loss today puts the Toppers firmly back on that very precarious bubble. So far, the chalk in the PSAC is helping matters for every at-large candidate, but I still see today as a must-win. Gotta take care of business against a pesky Glenville squad. Get it done, Toppers.

Comment

• Thinking out loud and without looking at the rankings, I can't easily envision a scenario where the Toppers would be on the bubble with a loss today. Maybe if Lock Haven and WVSU were to win their conference titles? Even then, I don't think ESU would jump WLU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper_Hopper View Post
            Thinking out loud and without looking at the rankings, I can't easily envision a scenario where the Toppers would be on the bubble with a loss today. Maybe if Lock Haven and WVSU were to win their conference titles? Even then, I don't think ESU would jump WLU.
            ESU is really bad in the record vs regionally ranked category. That will hurt them Sunday night.

I think WL is in good shape.

However, I'd cheer against Lock Haven just to be safe.

Comment

• The win today makes us all feel a little better. A loss to Concord tomorrow would at least be a respectable loss.

But, let's not stop there. Let's go after that revenge game with Charleston!

Comment

• I expect Concord to be a close game tomorrow. They (Concord) could move off the bubble with a win.
                Last edited by Topper_Hopper; 03-08-2024, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper_Hopper View Post
                  I expect Concord to be a close game tomorrow. They (Concord) could move off the bubble with a win.
                  Absolutely. And they have pushed the Toppers to the brink twice this year.

But as I said above, I want to believe that the Toppers are in even with a loss tomorrow. If Concord would win (and possibly move off the bubble--pending Lock Haven's results), it's a loss to a tournament team and it's a season record of 2-1 against that tournament team. I would hope the committee wouldn't ding the Toppers for a loss like that in the conference tourney.

But better safe than sorry--let's get the season sweep of the Mountain Lions tomorrow!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                    The win today makes us all feel a little better. A loss to Concord tomorrow would at least be a respectable loss.

Speaking of Charleston, I saw that pesky WVSU blasted them the other night.

I swear WVSU gets hot every March. They must just lose interest at times during the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Speaking of Charleston, I saw that pesky WVSU blasted them the other night.

I swear WVSU gets hot every March. They must just lose interest at times during the season.
                      It's weird how they seem to turn it off and on again over the course of a season.

I've been very complimentary of Brian Poore on this board in the past--I think he's a good coach. But you do have to wonder how his teams consistently play out this Jeckyl & Hyde routine, and it makes you wonder if it stems, somehow, from the top.

Comment

ESU is really bad in the record vs regionally ranked category. That will hurt them Sunday night.

I think WL is in good shape.

However, I'd cheer against Lock Haven just to be safe.
                        Top 4 are in and PROBABLY in the positions that they are in the latest RR. 5-8 (5-7 with Lincoln). Four of that group are still in it and can control their own destiny. A victory by any of the four in todays semi's will lock them in although all four are probably underdogs. Assuming all four lose today, the question will be how much ESU is penalized for losing a round earlier than any of their competators for 5-7? Lock Haven should move ahead of ESU based on H-to-H. If we go chalk today, I predict:

1a. Gannon
                        1b. Cal
                        3a. UC
                        3b. WLU
                        5. Millersville
                        6. Concord
                        7. Haven
                        8. ESU (but Lincoln)
                        9. WV State
                        10. Lincoln

* Top 4 TBD by the result of the conf champ game.

Comment

The win today makes us all feel a little better. A loss to Concord tomorrow would at least be a respectable loss.

After a second half of the regular season that saw more 3 points shots clank off of iron than in any full season in the previous 20 (translate, we shot 3's terribly in the second half of the season), WLU has found their stroke again. Now, granted, it wasn't vs what would be considered top caliber opponents, but still...hot shooting is hot shooting. I'd much rather be playing Concord today coming off two excellent shooting games than coming off a couple of 20% three point performances.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Top 4 are in and PROBABLY in the positions that they are in the latest RR. 5-8 (5-7 with Lincoln). Four of that group are still in it and can control their own destiny. A victory by any of the four in todays semi's will lock them in although all four are probably underdogs. Assuming all four lose today, the question will be how much ESU is penalized for losing a round earlier than any of their competators for 5-7? Lock Haven should move ahead of ESU based on H-to-H. If we go chalk today, I predict:

1a. Gannon
                            1b. Cal
                            3a. UC
                            3b. WLU
                            5. Millersville
                            6. Concord
                            7. Haven
                            8. ESU (but Lincoln)
                            9. WV State
                            10. Lincoln

* Top 4 TBD by the result of the conf champ game.
                            One could easily argue for Millersville over WLU in this scenario.

Comment

One could easily argue for Millersville over WLU in this scenario.
                              Not for long. Millersville is getting waxed in Erie.

Comment

Not for long. Millersville is getting waxed in Erie.
                                (I just turned on the video--facepalm)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X