Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Must not have enjoyed the scenery from his redshirted seat on the bench.
    Sad part is, he projected as a starter this coming season. He was also one of our few guards over 6-1. We are going to be small next.year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He's from right near Cal. Danny will probably pick him up.
      I'd say there's a pretty good chance of that. (He also attended the school where Danny's wife is an administrator, so Danny is likely very familiar with the kid.)

Comment

I'd say there's a pretty good chance of that. (He also attended the school where Danny's wife is an administrator, so Danny is likely very familiar with the kid.)
        He may want to give the Whippen Brother a run for most schools in a career.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He may want to give the Whippen Brother a run for most schools in a career.
          Right now he's on the "Boswell Plan": Start at Wheeling. Make an aborted stop at WLU. Head to Cal?

But the "Boswell Plan" can quickly escalate to the "Traveling Whippen Brothers Show" if you let it!

Comment

Right now he's on the "Boswell Plan": Start at Wheeling. Make an aborted stop at WLU. Head to Cal?

But the "Boswell Plan" can quickly escalate to the "Traveling Whippen Brothers Show" if you let it!

LOL you're right. I forgot about the Boswell Plan.

That dude was a little whacky on the court, but he's a pretty good young man off it. I think he's going to have a bright future in the coaching arena.

Comment

Don't know if he goes to Cal or not but Danny and he didn't cross paths at WJU. Don't think an administrator would have much pull over a basketball player. If that was the case, why didn't he go to Cal last year when he first left Wheeling? Or if she does have this pull, why didn't she use it to keep him at HER school??

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Don't know if he goes to Cal or not but Danny and he didn't cross paths at WJU. Don't think an administrator would have much pull over a basketball player. If that was the case, why didn't he go to Cal last year when he first left Wheeling? Or if she does have this pull, why didn't she use it to keep him at HER school??
                He graduated from her school (she works at a high school).

And the same question could be said about Boswell--why didn't he follow Danny right away?

Comment

And the same question could be said about Boswell--why didn't he follow Danny right away?
                  Likely one of three things:

In no order

* He doesn't want to play half a game

* After a year practicing there he didn't fit

* J.J. Harper isn't coming there to come off the bench

Remember, too, Cal was without Cam Polak all season (one of the best SGs in the league). So, Cal may not be the best fit, either (if he really wants to start).

Comment

So the HS administrator he had two years ago has enough pull on him to get him to transfer to the school her husband coaches at but that he has never played for? Wow, that's some Svengali like pull!!

Boswell played for two seasons under Sancomb (the coach...not the administrator) so THAT was probably the connection that brought him to Cal after quiting (getting kicked off the team??) 21 games into the 2019-20 season at WLU. I always found his departure a little odd. I mean he had played 21 games and started all of them...was the 3rd leading scorer...averaging 24 MPG...not taking a ton of threes but not zero either and was making them at a .421 clip. Then POOF...gone with no reason why asked or given.

Comment

• Bryce Butler’s brother Landon is heading to Coker. They look identical

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X