X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Prez thinks things are going "great" in the athletic department so there is no pressure to improve anything. Programs that are good will continue to be good while these that are bad will continue to be so with no consequences. Here's hoping the soccer and "tumbling" team hired good coaches that put winning programs on the field because there will be no pressure from the AD to win.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied

Probably be no pressure on Wally to get more than the usual 5 wins now. They were co-AD's the last year or so and their working relation goes back for years.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by Bware2 View Post
    100% accurate
    "Official" notification of Ullom as the AD at WLU:

http://www.theintelligencer.net/spor...%80%88liberty/

Ullom has literally never worked ANYWERE but in the WLU athletic department. Graduated from WLU then went directly to work in the WLU athletic department were he has been for the last 30+ years. He knows ZERO about how other successful universities run their athletic departments. We will have no change...no innovation...no improvement because in Ullom and the Presidents eyes the athletic department and teams are being run just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
    He may have been a low post player coming out of HS, but he managed to drain 66 3-pters his freshman yr on the Hilltop, at a 55% clip.
    In terms of his style of play at WLU, at the beginning of his jr year, he started backing people down inside and scoring in a variety of ways that I had not seen before at WLU. As you said, prior to that at WLU, he was a wing player primarily.
    When he added that dimension, he became a nightmare to guard because he was no longer just an outside threat. He made have had those moves in HS, I don't know, but he emphasized it more beginning in his junior year. He was incredible inside against Lincoln Memorial and some skilled players in his senior year.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

Originally posted by Penguins87 View Post
    Believe it or not, Bonifant was a low-post player coming out of Hiland.
    He may have been a low post player coming out of HS, but he managed to drain 66 3-pters his freshman yr on the Hilltop, at a 55% clip.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

He may have been but I don't recall him being presented as such (maybe he was, but I don't remember). My comment was that this is the first WLU recruit that I can recall being presented as a low post player.

If this cat ends up being like Bonifant, I would be one very happy booster!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Penguins87
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    What I like from the description:

"Ochoa is a 6-7 leaper who emerged as one of the top low-post prospects in the Toledo area"

When was the last time WLU brought in ANYONE that had a descriptor of "low-post" anywhere in their write-up? Yea, he may be a prospect and not ready for front line duty this season, but make no mistake, he does represent a big change in recruiting for the Toppers 2.0.

Believe it or not, Bonifant was a low-post player coming out of Hiland.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by Layton View Post
    Oh bummer
    If his time at Polk is indicative of his future play, he has quite a bit of improving to do before he is impactful...even in the PSAC West.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

I'll guess Golden Boy Humphries ends up at Cal....

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    No. I'm hearing (not confirming) he's landing in the PSAC West. And, no, not at IUP.
    Oh bummer

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

No. I'm hearing (not confirming) he's landing in the PSAC West. And, no, not at IUP.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    There will be some news later today on Chuckie Humphries. He got his release from Polk State yesterday. We're going to see him soon enough.
    Are you saying we're getting our golden boy back

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

There will be some news later today on Chuckie Humphries. He got his release from Polk State yesterday. We're going to see him soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• Chevydude89
    replied

Good for Dennis. Crutch is a class act

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Dennis to Nova now official

Leave a comment:

Ad3