X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post

I haven't watched enough of Malik Miller's career to know if he is on the first team in the last 30 years of IUP Basketball...

Curious, IUP big though, who does Malik Miller bump from this team of 5 IUP Players (and I"m probably missing a few).

Misenko
    Darryl Webb
    Devante Chance
    Ashton Smith
    Norfleet

These in top 5?
    Keita?
    McClain?
    I guess you'd have different categories based on how long a player was here. If you go by single seasons ... Rodney Horton and Dennis Mimms are on every list. Everybody on these lists also always forgets about Mike Beckles and Steve Menifee.

BTW, where the hell have you been?

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    So ... in theory a new season began yesterday.

Those returning in 2020-21 for what will be a loaded IUP roster:

Guards

David Morris
    Armoni Foster
    Shawndale Jones
    Anthony White
    Bryce Radford
    K.J. Rhodes

Ethan Porterfield (6'9")
    Tommy Demogerontas (6'8" and will play all five positions at times)
    Ousmane Diop (6'10")
    Shawn Ulrich (6'8")

Walk-ons

Dylan Benton
    Anthony Glover Jr.

As of now, Joe's recruiting class this year will be comprised of one player. There's only one spot. By my count of the above, they have (9) scholarships being used -- which leaves one full ride. Ulrich and Anthony White combine for one full ride. The others -- I believe -- are on full ticket.

So, the question becomes if you can take one guy in what will be a National Title push ... what position? Joe likes to stay stocked up for the future so I assume it will be a multi-year transfer. Although, there is already a name floating around who would be a one-year guy at the small forward position.

They really like both Rhodes and Radford. Both could have played this year as true freshmen. Radford was lost for the season in camp and Joe decided to redshirt Rhodes due to a lack of available minutes. By all accounts I'm told Diop will be a Day 1 starter next winter.

To add a guard this off-season ... would really just have to be the perfect fit. I'm kind of leaning toward a Chucky-type playmaker/defender.

Make no mistake, expectations will be through the roof next November. This is likely a preseason Top 3 team.
    Will IUP and WL land in Preseason Top 5 next year? or Top 3? WL loses no one...and adds the 2nd highest scoring player in OHIO HS basketball history.... Crazy how much d2 talent within 2 hours of each other!

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied
    Can't beleive the ending ... but, in three decades of watching IUP basketball ... Malik Miller is on my First Team.

We never got to see his final act, but make no mistake, he's one of the best players to ever play here. That says a lot.

I haven't watched enough of Malik Miller's career to know if he is on the first team in the last 30 years of IUP Basketball...

Curious, IUP big though, who does Malik Miller bump from this team of 5 IUP Players (and I"m probably missing a few).

Misenko
    Darryl Webb
    Devante Chance
    Ashton Smith
    Norfleet

These in top 5?
    Keita?
    McClain?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    So ... in theory a new season began yesterday.

Those returning in 2020-21 for what will be a loaded IUP roster:

Guards

David Morris
    Armoni Foster
    Shawndale Jones
    Anthony White
    Bryce Radford
    K.J. Rhodes

Ethan Porterfield (6'9")
    Tommy Demogerontas (6'8" and will play all five positions at times)
    Ousmane Diop (6'10")
    Shawn Ulrich (6'8")

Walk-ons

Dylan Benton
    Anthony Glover Jr.

As of now, Joe's recruiting class this year will be comprised of one player. There's only one spot. By my count of the above, they have (9) scholarships being used -- which leaves one full ride. Ulrich and Anthony White combine for one full ride. The others -- I believe -- are on full ticket.

So, the question becomes if you can take one guy in what will be a National Title push ... what position? Joe likes to stay stocked up for the future so I assume it will be a multi-year transfer. Although, there is already a name floating around who would be a one-year guy at the small forward position.

They really like both Rhodes and Radford. Both could have played this year as true freshmen. Radford was lost for the season in camp and Joe decided to redshirt Rhodes due to a lack of available minutes. By all accounts I'm told Diop will be a Day 1 starter next winter.

To add a guard this off-season ... would really just have to be the perfect fit. I'm kind of leaning toward a Chucky-type playmaker/defender.

Make no mistake, expectations will be through the roof next November. This is likely a preseason Top 3 team.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Probably a lot of anger after driving 10 hours on a bus, getting here and being told to turn around.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post
    Well said, IUP 24. I was having similar thoughts about WLU. Last week, those conference tournament championships seemed insignificant on one level. The REAL tournament wasn't gonna start until today. It is often easy to overlook the significance of the conference tourney when your team is already guaranteed a spot in the "big dance." But now that the big dance has hung up its dancing shoes, I find myself cherishing the conference tourney win far more than I did last Sunday. At least I got to see a championship game (even if it was only for the MEC championship).

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Well said, IUP 24. I was having similar thoughts about WLU. Last week, those conference tournament championships seemed insignificant on one level. The REAL tournament wasn't gonna start until today. It is often easy to overlook the significance of the conference tourney when your team is already guaranteed a spot in the "big dance." But now that the big dance has hung up its dancing shoes, I find myself cherishing the conference tourney win far more than I did last Sunday. At least I got to see a championship game (even if it was only for the MEC championship).

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Can't beleive the ending ... but, in three decades of watching IUP basketball ... Malik Miller is on my First Team.

We never got to see his final act, but make no mistake, he's one of the best players to ever play here. That says a lot.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

He does have some really good moves there. Is that the actual music he was swaying to or was it Lady In Red? LOL.

-
    They save Lady in Red for the Big Dance.

I'm just hoping they don't feel the need to set up the secondary press row again across from the bleachers. They ran that the whole length of the court last year and it sat largely empty all three days. It makes the court too claustrophobic.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Lombardi dancing in the locker room after the game is one of the greatest things I've seen. Watch it on Twitter with volume. Awesome moment.
    He does have some really good moves there. Is that the actual music he was swaying to or was it Lady In Red? LOL.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by krober34 View Post

Virginia State and Virginia Union are notorious for having big body big men.

If it was on a neutral floor (as it should be) ... I'd give Virginia State a bit of a chance in Round 1. But, on the Hilltop, ... it's likely a death sentence.

Leave a comment:

• krober34
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

They had four big studs in front and got both Castello and Nedrow in foul trouble when we played them. It was the second game of the year, a 58-54 grinder won by VSU, and I didn't think either team played exceptionally well. It was Ship's worst shooting performance in something like nine years. Some of that was good VSU defense, but the Raiders just missed tons of shots. What I remember is a lot of the VSU guys had big bodies. Most of Ship's guys other than Nedrow are pretty lean, and they had a hard time keeping the VSU forwards away from the hoop.
    Virginia State and Virginia Union are notorious for having big body big men.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X