Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

IUP did move Saturday's game vs The Sciences back from 2pm to 3pm. Football kicks at 12pm.

Comment

Well that was much closer than it should have been...

Will be interesting to see the (always) great analysis by IUPbigINDIANS.

Comment

Need to calm down a bit. Haha.

Comment

I'll say this real quick ... Joe is killing Dante and in turn it is killing his play. And, in turn, killing this team.

44 of 45 minutes ...... enough said.

Comment

Frustrating game... I don't understand Joe sticking with the press in the second half when they repeatedly kept getting beat over the top. Bloom had many easy looks at the rim because of it. Defensively, IUP looks horrendous still. These guys are slow, don't move their feet and help side... YIKES!!!

Offensively, this team has a lot of talent BUT they play way to fast at times and unnecessarily turn the ball over.

The tip in shot to end it... ummm, we should probably be in 2OT right now.

I'll take the win.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              I'll say this real quick ... Joe is killing Dante and in turn it is killing his play. And, in turn, killing this team.

44 of 45 minutes ...... enough said.
              Daunte is good but not 44 of 45 minutes good.

Comment

No chance in H E Double Hockey Sticks that shot was good. None.

Jack and Tony the same on the radio after.

That press .... beyond rediculus.

Comment

Physically nobody can play 44 of 45 minutes at a high level.

A lot of things jumped out at me today.

* Dante way too many minutes ... fatigue leads to sloppy play and TOs. They have to figure something out here to get him a breather.
                  * Press needs a lot of work. If they insist on it Malik and Vaughns need to be a part of it -- speed. Why did Joe stay in it all day?
                  * I assume the theory was to not let Bloom play their slow-down but they kind of did anyway and routinely broke the press to an easy bucket or still ran the clock to 3-5 seconds.
                  * Vaughns only 8 minutes
                  * Hutton got 37 minutes and 4 steals. He does a lot of things well that don't show in box scores. He can shoot, too, but doesn't get many shots.
                  * Cobo 30 pts and 14 boards ... 10 of 10 at line
                  * Bloom is a scrappy team and always, for whatever reason, gives Joe fits
                  * Aside from Cobo rest of team only 5-10 at line
                  * Malik had some amazing plays today ... and a couple not so amazing. My opinion he should start.
                  * Keep Willem in the game. After two years of seeing Glover and Dante launch treys teams are smothering them around the perimeter. Pound that ball inside.
                  * After 6 games I'm still not real clear on the offensive identity
                  * Blake ... giant trey near the end.
                  * Wasn't a work of art but a huge, had-to-win game
                  * I'd love to see the final 8 minutes of play. Just a guess but that's probably never happening.
                  * How in the world did UPJ beat them by 26 yesterday?
                  * Thoughts on the play calls at the end of regulation and OT?

Comment

* Daunte on back to back days played a lot of minutes on a balky knee. He looked sloppy both days.
                    * Hard to see what is wrong on the back side of the press watching on the internet but there is glaring holes with it.
                    * A lot of short shots in the second half... (tired legs)
                    * Half court man to man D is brutal to watch. You just knew Bloom would get the ball to the rack zone every possession.
                    * I like Blake offensively but defensively he is to slow!
                    * Willem is a hack. (always in foul trouble)
                    * When Brandon, DeVante and Ashton ran the offense you could clearly see what they were trying to do. Daunte looks like a chicken with his head cut off.
                    * I'd like to hear Joe's opinion of Vaughns right now. He looks good offensively and he can't be any worse than the defense out there.
                    * Malik is a spark plug off the bench kind of like Brandon Spain was.
                    Shouldn't Cobo get the ball at the end of the game?

Comment

The men and women are at Bowie State tonight. Both women's teams are 4-0. The Bowie State men are 1-3 with losses to Wheeling Jesuit (4-0), Bloomfield (4-0) and Alderson Broaddus (3-1). Its lone win came against Shepherd. Don't let the record full you. This is going to be a tough game. Bowie is a big, fast team -- with a history of improving as the season moves along. Bowie also plays exceptionally well at home. As we all know, this men's series is almost always a thriller. Bowie is also kind of famous for its suffocating press. It has caused IUP problems in the past.

On Saturday the University of The Sciences travels to the KCAC (3 p.m.) -- another tough game. The Sciences gave D2 power St. Thomas Aquinas all it could handle last night before losing late, and earlier this season lost to Kutztown in the final seconds. This is never a flashy team but rather one who rarely turns the ball over, plays extremely disciplined and has very intelligent players. They spent the past year in a rebuild and the results are showing this season despite the two close losses. They have size and two dynamite guards -- and can shoot high percentages.

IUP went 2-0 last weekend -- a much-needed 2-0. But, as we saw, it wasn't exactly a 'warm and fuzzy' kind of 2-0.

Bowie and The Sciences are going to win a lot of games this year. These will be nice wins if IUP can get them.

Comment

Final from Maryland ...

IUP 69
                        Bowie State 62

Any win at Bowie is a great win.

Comment

That was an ultra tightly called game from the PSAC crew. Old Bruce calls everything. Way too ticky-tack.

I think Blake had 4 fouls when he got off the bus. He fouled out in 9 minutes. At least two were trash calls.

The overall stat line wasn't too bad ... hit about 45 percent from deep on 18 attempts. The turnovers were cut down to 13 ... A couple were real ugly and had horrible timing.

Both teams banked in a trey so I guess it evened out. IUP really dodged a bullet in the first half when Malik chose to try a dunk on a wide-open breakaway (and missed) instead of taking the easy layup. I'm sure Joe was ready to explode on that one. I say it's a huge play because it was a one possession game with 28 seconds left and they had to fight for every bucket all night. Overall, Malik was very strong and filled up the stat sheet.

Vaughns got a productive 9 minutes in the first half but was never seen again ...

Hutton played his best game at IUP. He played heavy minutes and was a real defensive pest.

Cobo got 17 and 8. Dante and Glover had much better offensive performances.

That's a big road win. Bowie fights until the last second and is well-coached. They play very hard and physical.

End of the day it wasn't perfect but it's a big win and three straight. I'd still like to see the interior defense improve. I think the tapes are out and it's been exposed as a weakness. Teams are exploiting it a bit. Dante played 30 minutes and he was better overall getting some rest. Bowie win the boards 42-29.

On to the next one.
                          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-22-2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

I wish I could give some good analysis on this one but I had to keep playing the glance at the game because I was working my part time job. Sucked that the Bowie St broadcast doesn't show the score and time on the screen. Made it tough to watch. A win is a win and keep going!

Comment

West Chester's Hollinger Fieldhouse is going to be ready for the crossovers on Dec 2 & 3. Just thought I post this for you IUP fans.

Comment

Originally posted by WCU007 View Post
                                West Chester's Hollinger Fieldhouse is going to be ready for the crossovers on Dec 2 & 3. Just thought I post this for you IUP fans.
                                Ok, cool! I'll just fill you in with this, IUP is preparing for this Saturday against The Sciences before they look ahead to West Chester. One game at a time, maybe they should do the same!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X