X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Looking at the film, he might be an exaggerated 6'10" and it looks like he likes to hang out away from the hoop.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Just signed:

Ousmane Diop 6'10" transfer from Niagra, originally from Senegal.

Finally another big for IUP, hopefully he's game ready.

I believe he's our first player from Senegal since Badou Kane.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Just signed:

He's a big boy ... not just tall and skinny. He's got some muscle.

Appears he took a redshirt last year so he should have four years at IUP.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Just signed:

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    But dont u think Fairmont will be a cream puff this coming year??
    Don't you think WL will beat Duke next year?

Fairmont will be above .500 ... I don't see much more than that, however.

Calhoun may wanna his job back soon.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Every season ends bad for all but one team.

I'm fairly certain they are playing Virginia State, Bowie State and Fairmont State. That's enough. The rest can be creampuffs.

But ... they won't be. Not Joe's style.
    But dont u think Fairmont will be a cream puff this coming year??

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Yea but playing tough in conference opponents doesnt prepare a team for March. Was told that too!!
    Every season ends bad for all but one team.

I'm fairly certain they are playing Virginia State, Bowie State and Fairmont State. That's enough. The rest can be creampuffs.

But ... they won't be. Not Joe's style.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

They'll need a couple. The West won't be overly strong next year aside from IUP and UPJ.
    Yea but playing tough in conference opponents doesnt prepare a team for March. Was told that too!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Have to play top tier teams in November if he want's to have any chance of winning in March...Or at least that's what I've been told!!!!!
    They'll need a couple. The West won't be overly strong next year aside from IUP and UPJ.

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied

One-time IUP assistant coach Tray Woodall is headed to Joe's old stomping grounds in Allegany, New York. (If you want to talk about doing more with less, Mark Schmidt at St. Bonaventure has quietly done a really good job. There's not exactly a ton of money coming into that program comparable to other D-I and A-10 schools.)

From Jon Rothstein: "Sources: St. Bonaventure's Mark Schmidt will hire Robert Morris' Trayvon Woodall as an assistant coach. Former Pitt PG."

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...05955009200129

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

I still think they find the money to add a Day 1 post player and then redshirt Porterfield and either K.J. Rhodes or Bryce Radford (or maybe all three of them). They can only redshirt Radford and/or Rhodes if Joe is comfortable with Anthony White being the fifth guard -- which he may very well be.

While it would be a pleasant surprise to see a deep bench, well, ... I think we all know better by now.

As for that 'four guards and Chucky' starting lineup ... yeah, I agree it may sound better than it actually is. I do think it would be an interesting tool to keep in the mix. You could run that 'line change' a few times here and there. The sheer speed and athleticism would really create havoc.

Lot of excitement around town (in the small basketball circles). I can tell you that much. It's kind of a new era post-Dante/Cobo. Nothing against them but seeing a new lineup will be exciting. This can be a really explosive offense and very strong defensive team. I'd sure like one more, ready-to-play big, however.

I also hope the big guy doesn't go too crazy with the non-conference schedule. West Liberty isn't going to lose many games next season. If they have any hopes of hosting again they can probably only lose 2-3 games max.
    Have to play top tier teams in November if he want's to have any chance of winning in March...Or at least that's what I've been told!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I didn't think the roster was finalized but the 4 guards/Chucky thing might not be as great of an idea as it looks on paper.

I still think they find the money to add a Day 1 post player and then redshirt Porterfield and either K.J. Rhodes or Bryce Radford (or maybe all three of them). They can only redshirt Radford and/or Rhodes if Joe is comfortable with Anthony White being the fifth guard -- which he may very well be.

While it would be a pleasant surprise to see a deep bench, well, ... I think we all know better by now.

As for that 'four guards and Chucky' starting lineup ... yeah, I agree it may sound better than it actually is. I do think it would be an interesting tool to keep in the mix. You could run that 'line change' a few times here and there. The sheer speed and athleticism would really create havoc.

Lot of excitement around town (in the small basketball circles). I can tell you that much. It's kind of a new era post-Dante/Cobo. Nothing against them but seeing a new lineup will be exciting. This can be a really explosive offense and very strong defensive team. I'd sure like one more, ready-to-play big, however.

I also hope the big guy doesn't go too crazy with the non-conference schedule. West Liberty isn't going to lose many games next season. If they have any hopes of hosting again they can probably only lose 2-3 games max.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Hearing from a good source they are heavily toying with the four-guards and Chucky starting lineup.

Also, the roster may not be as finalized as we thought. Stay tuned.
    I didn't think the roster was finalized but the 4 guards/Chucky thing might not be as great of an idea as it looks on paper.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Hearing from a good source they are heavily toying with the four-guards and Chucky starting lineup.

Also, the roster may not be as finalized as we thought. Stay tuned.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post
    The wise guys in Vegas have shared the following guidance with me:

Clarion Hoops to finish to tops in PSAC West at +10000000 odds.
    SRU Football at +9 wins.
    Woo! I'd hedge a penny on Clarion at those odds! Don't think they have a chance of winning the PSAC but at those odds the up side would be huge on even a small bet.

Realistically I think the house would hold the line at 50:1 to limit their exposure on what would probably be a really small handle.
    Last edited by boatcapt; 06-08-2019, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X